World of Lazarus
Rebel Times (Issue 139 - Apr 2019)
Mythic
Mythic Game Master Emulator
L-1: City of Lies
RuneQuest Pirates
The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game, Volume 1: Your Story
Advanced Race Guide
Vampire: The Masquerade (20th Anniversary Edition)
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Enter the Unknown
The End of the World: Zombie Apocalypse
Feats Reforged Vol. III: The Combat Feats
Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk
Feats Reforged Vol. IV: The Magic Feats
The GameMaster's Apprentice
Tome of Secrets (V20 Dark Ages)
Tales from the Loop
Realms of Terrinoth
Ironsworn
Treasure Hunter: Complete Rulebook (1st Edition)
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Kids on Bikes: Deluxe Edition
Bunnies & Burrows Fantasy Role Playing Game
Dark Streets & Darker Secrets
The Book of Many Things Campaign Exclusive Content
The Witch of Underwillow
Fireball
A Friend in Need
Volo's Complete Subrace Handbook
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
Star Frontiers
Fiend Folio
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

RPG» Forums » General Discussion » Game Masters

Subject: Has anyone tried Realm Worlds? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard
Greece
Marousi
Athens
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am searching for better ways to manage information about my ongoing campaign and I stumbled upon Realm Works.

Anyone has any experience with it?

I find the lack of a demo plus the price ($60) a bit shady. Why a company doesn't offer a trial period for a product really baffles me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert vought
United States
mattawan
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had it for several years. I have messed around with it a little, but have been waiting for the content library to open up so I can purchase pre made content. I don't have a lot of time in life right now to put this kind of thing together myself, and this sounded like a nifty way of getting to the table with my laptop with very organized adventures that would keep me from accidentally exposing my players to info that they haven't figured out yet. unfortunately the library had been very slow in coming.

The software allows you to take maps made in other programs and add features to themsuch as items and encounters. I believe you can add fog of war to these maps as well. this is a nice feature. I kind of wish it came with some kind of rudimentary map making tool to complete the package. But I can understand why lone wolf would want to conserve their focus on the core content of this product.

I think that if you are really into making up your own campaigns and are fastidious from the beginning with this software you may enjoy it. Without the pre made content have kept it old school with pen and paper while I wait.

One other thing I would like to add is that when you want to create a new campaign file you have to be online so that it logs with their servers. this is a little annoying unless your players have the software so you can use it to push campaign information to them. If your players are willing to do this I believe it is a neat feature. I wont go into details about this as they are available on their website and we have not used it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.