The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Strange Adventures!: The House on Poplar Court
Acquisitions Incorporated
Deluxe Revised RECON
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Tales from the Loop
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
The Expanse Roleplaying Game
The Dark Side Sourcebook
Nocturnum: Master Collection
The Burning Wheel Fantasy Roleplaying System (Gold)
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Gunderholfen
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
The Witchwar Legacy
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
The Strange
Hideous Creatures
Shadows Over Stillwater
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Over the Edge
The Extraction: An Adventure for Musketeers, 1628
The Desert Portal
Terror of the Stratosfiend #1.5
Freedom or Toaster
Brigands of Sherwood
Exalted Rulebook
Aftermath!
Call of Cthulhu (2nd Edition)
CDM1: The Halls of the Dwarven Kings
Sorcerer
Ghostwalk
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Lady Blackbird
GM Gems Volume 1: A Collection of Game Master Inspiration
Champions of Mystara: Heroes of the Princess Ark
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Numenera
Mythic Adventures
Hillfolk
Keeper Rulebook
Investigator Handbook
Lords of Gossamer & Shadow
Strategy Guide
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Princes of the Apocalypse
Dark Albion: The Rose War
KULT: Divinity Lost
Retro Vault
United States
Hell
Michigan
flag msg tools
new user
designer
hello everyone (this is my first time being on this site, so please respect that)
i have been working on this role playing game based in the Azure Striker Universe (an enjoyable game might i ask ). I have been able to get most of it done, but looking at it every time i edit it it seems very "unfinished". since i don't feel like this is finished (to my extent), you can direct message me on this site and give you the info needed to help, if you wish to... (keep in mind, i need to get a new computer, so it may take me a while to respond, but ill try to respond ASAP)

anyway, i would love to collaborate with some people
thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!

And yes, this is one of several "right" places!

One suggestion: If you have rules on a shareable drive, you can post a link here. Then several folks can read & comment.

If you'd rather keep it private, that's cool too.

And from the business end of things- I'm sure the game is cool, but are you planning on selling your game? If so, have you checked on licensing names/places/ other proprietary names/images?

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retro Vault
United States
Hell
Michigan
flag msg tools
new user
designer
sorry for such a late reply, i have been very busy with a lot of things.
i had to revise the rules (because i had to make the engine from scratch and didn't know their are many engines to use), however if anyone wants to see it, here are the old and new rules :

(old) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CXw3EG-0Bo-TaHf6kUYyCSf5...

(new) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kOo1O0vAhlA6ljycpa24xrxY...

but anyway these are not the best rules and im gonna try and use either Year Zero (if that can be done, its not like im going to make massive profit or any profit of this anyway)or something else.

again sorry for being late, i have a lot to handle right now, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
Very schematic...

Not enough there for me to comment upon adequately.

Things I want to know...

1) type of game/setting?
2) type of adventures envisaged?
3) types of characters expected?

also...

Which style of GMing expected?
What is there to make it worth my time to learn "yet another game"...

And, also, once you've figured out those, then look at the various free engines (the ones I think are most robust are AWE/PBTA and FATE, then the D&D 5.1 SRD) and how well they fit.

Also note: any engine choice will be exclusing some chunk of players. the least exclusionary is a nearly unmodified D&D SRD (3.X or 5.X)... but it may not be a good fit for your setting and adventure modes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
The new document was a scant 1 page - was it meant to only show the changes from the first document? Because I was expecting a version 2 with those changes integrated into the full document.

Using 1d20 divided by 2 for health will create some massively skewed starting characters... someone will inevitably roll 2 and start with 1 health, while someone else will roll 17 and start with 9 health. Which is a pretty big difference if you are just starting out.

All of your starting stats are generated by 1d20... that concerns me. There is a good reason many games use a pool of d6 to generate starting stats even if you rarely roll d6s in the game. Have you thought of using a base number for the stats and then rolling 1d20 to add to it? Or rolling multiples of other dice to generate the stats so they aren't so skewed?

I have no idea what Azure Striker Gunvolt is, so I have no context for any of the Septima - some explanation would be nice, for those coming to play the game with no prior background of the series.

Like William, I have no idea how I'm supposed to play this. Is it all combat, all the time? And if so, what am I fighting for? What am I fighting against? Is there any downtime between fights where characters can banter? Is there a GM? What are they doing during the game? What do the NPCs look like? What are the typical stats for enemies? etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retro Vault
United States
Hell
Michigan
flag msg tools
new user
designer
i'm still on version 1 and this is my first rpg project i have made so far.

i am also planning on changing the engine because i really hate it(i originally wanted it to be a war game system like the game BRUTAL... that went out of hand). i will try and edit this, but i need fix my computer when i get the time so i can edit it from home.

finally i was originally making this for a campaign with my friends, but i needed help with it so...

anyway i hope this clears at least a few things up
thanks
(P.S. if anyone is wondering what the game i am making this "game" from, here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azure_Striker_Gunvolt maybe that will help)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retro Vault
United States
Hell
Michigan
flag msg tools
new user
designer
i was basing a lot of this from infinity corvus belli (a war game if you dont know) and i was grabbing a lot of rules that i thought would be relevant (which is why i want to rewrite everything). the stats were supposed to be generated like the game i just mentioned earlier. ill probably take all this into consideration and do just that (rewrite)

in conclusion this was just a braindump of random things i wanted in a game. but for the better, i should reconsider.

EDIT im going to focus more on the remake document (called new) and i am in the works of a basic idea for an engine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
You mention this is your first RPG design project - how many RPGs have you played?

If you have played several RPGs and you have found mechanics you like, pick some of those for this game - it sounds like you are already sort of doing that with Infinity Corvus Belli. If you have found mechanics in other games you don't like, discard them.

But, more than just randomly picking mechanics, you also have to look at how they work with the game, what they do. It helps to know what the average result is for when you roll the dice. But it is also useful to knowing the range of possibility too. Perhaps you want a game that is swingy - though likely, players are going to complain. Though, granted, some players complain about everything... but that's a different issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retro Vault
United States
Hell
Michigan
flag msg tools
new user
designer
What I meant by RPG project is one I have built from the ground up. (I forgot I had a tablet so I'm gonna use that.) I may want to hold off on this project until I gain knowledge on how to do things because I have a campaign I am writing (not for this, but fallout instead) and a lot of other things I want to do.

I also want to experiment with playing cards in the campaign I should do. One other thing I shouldv'e done before putting this out there, is play test with a group (and thoroughly look through them)

But thank you guys anyway

(PS I'll probably leave the links and let someone pick off where I left of... If they want...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What other non-from the ground up design projects have you done? Just curious to see what you are familiar with, because we could give some advice on how to translate that into designing a full game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retro Vault
United States
Hell
Michigan
flag msg tools
new user
designer
Not much really. Im trying to learn a few games myself (preferably the fallout PNP), so I can play a full campaign while learning what to do with this. In other words this game I want to put out there and work on it later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.