The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Strange Adventures!: The House on Poplar Court
Acquisitions Incorporated
Deluxe Revised RECON
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Tales from the Loop
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
The Expanse Roleplaying Game
The Dark Side Sourcebook
Nocturnum: Master Collection
The Burning Wheel Fantasy Roleplaying System (Gold)
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Gunderholfen
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
The Witchwar Legacy
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
The Strange
Hideous Creatures
Shadows Over Stillwater
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Over the Edge
The Extraction: An Adventure for Musketeers, 1628
The Desert Portal
Terror of the Stratosfiend #1.5
Freedom or Toaster
Brigands of Sherwood
Exalted Rulebook
Aftermath!
Call of Cthulhu (2nd Edition)
CDM1: The Halls of the Dwarven Kings
Sorcerer
Ghostwalk
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Lady Blackbird
GM Gems Volume 1: A Collection of Game Master Inspiration
Champions of Mystara: Heroes of the Princess Ark
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Numenera
Mythic Adventures
Hillfolk
Keeper Rulebook
Investigator Handbook
Lords of Gossamer & Shadow
Strategy Guide
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Princes of the Apocalypse
Dark Albion: The Rose War
KULT: Divinity Lost
Phil Dutré
Belgium
Leuven; Puurs
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, over 25 years ago, late 80s, early nineties. We were a group of enthusiasts, publishing a fantasy rpg (Dutch language, Schimmen & Schaduwen).

We had 2 editions of the basic rulebook, 4 expansion books, a GM screen. Each of the books sold roughly 100 to 200 copies. But this was pre-internet, so in Belgium rpg's were not that easy to acquire. Anything published locally had the potential of immediately attracting a fanbase. We had a booth on most of the local game shows, so we gained some brand recognition. Even now I sometimes meet gamers I've never met before who tell me stories about the game and how it was their entry in roleplaying games.

Our enterprise sort of collapsed when the last of us graduated from university and we all had real jobs and a real life to worry about ;-)
But it was fun to do!

Now, 25 years later, one of the original gang is trying to revive the game in English ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, for certain definitions of published.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/11392/Nailthorn-Stud...

I've put together a bunch of Hero Kids related stuff, including a campaign system.

I've also put together a bunch of generic fantasy GM aid type products.

I consider them to be extremely successful, since I had no expectations whatsoever that anyone besides me would find them useful. But my Hero Kids campaign system has a 4.5 rating (6 reviews) and has been downloaded over 200 times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azukail Games
msg tools
designer
publisher
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
mbmbmbmbmb
happyjosiah wrote:
I consider them to be extremely successful, since I had no expectations whatsoever that anyone besides me would find them useful. But my Hero Kids campaign system has a 4.5 rating (6 reviews) and has been downloaded over 200 times!

Love the crafting system in that! (Even with the official Hero Kids advancement system being released, I think it's worth picking up for that alone.) Now, it just needs some handout cards to give to players...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azukail wrote:
happyjosiah wrote:

Love the crafting system in that! (Even with the official Hero Kids advancement system being released, I think it's worth picking up for that alone.) Now, it just needs some handout cards to give to players...

Thanks! modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.