The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Strange Adventures!: The House on Poplar Court
Acquisitions Incorporated
Deluxe Revised RECON
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Tales from the Loop
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
The Expanse Roleplaying Game
The Dark Side Sourcebook
Nocturnum: Master Collection
The Burning Wheel Fantasy Roleplaying System (Gold)
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Gunderholfen
Book 1: The War-Torn Kingdom
The Witchwar Legacy
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
The Strange
Hideous Creatures
Shadows Over Stillwater
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Over the Edge
The Extraction: An Adventure for Musketeers, 1628
The Desert Portal
Terror of the Stratosfiend #1.5
Freedom or Toaster
Brigands of Sherwood
Exalted Rulebook
Aftermath!
Call of Cthulhu (2nd Edition)
CDM1: The Halls of the Dwarven Kings
Sorcerer
Ghostwalk
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Lady Blackbird
GM Gems Volume 1: A Collection of Game Master Inspiration
Champions of Mystara: Heroes of the Princess Ark
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
Numenera
Mythic Adventures
Hillfolk
Keeper Rulebook
Investigator Handbook
Lords of Gossamer & Shadow
Strategy Guide
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Princes of the Apocalypse
Dark Albion: The Rose War
KULT: Divinity Lost
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

RPG» Forums » Actual Play » Play by Forum

Subject: [Interest Check] Pathfinder - The Witchwar Legacy (Level 17 module) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kanaboshi wrote:
Pretty relieved we dodged the Summoner bullet

Oops... my bad. In my excitement I'd only ensured no gunslinger and occult classes lol.

EDIT: We should have an OOC thread soon, so that we don't spam everyone else subscribed to this forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Whyte
New Zealand
Hamilton
None
flag msg tools
designer
Whoever the five of you are who nominated me for Citizen Recognition I am truly touched
mbmbmbmbmb
taen wrote:
Kanaboshi wrote:
Okay, so we seem to have 6 or 7 potential players, which is great. Thanks so much for your interest thumbsup

However, this module is designed for a team of four. I *think* by stacking templates, adding class levels/combatants etc. I may be able to tweak it to be appropriate for 6 players.

However, that brings me to the second issue, which is character optimisation. I'd prefer if players didn't optimise their characters too ruthlessly. Rereading this module last night, the enemies are not optimised. The pregens are not optimised. If everyone goes hellbent for power, you're going to stomp through this game or require me to heavily alter more and more content. Of course, I want players to bring effective characters to the game that they enjoy, but I don't want every player to feel obliged to optimise their character to the nth degree to keep up with the party. And with, potentially, a team of 6, there's only so far I can tweak these encounters before having to basically rewrite them wholesale. I'd prefer not to have to do that. I figure you're going to have 17 class levels to play with - you're going to be plenty powerful as is. So, I politely request that optimisation is kept to reasonable levels.

With that in mind, for Character Creation I'm thinking about something like:

120 Point Buy

2Max first HP, high average thereafter.

3Core races only (Except by request. Anthropomorphised animals frowned upon.)

4Item Creation feats not encouraged. WBL is already going to be absurdly high (17th level: 410,000gp.) I'd rather not see that effectively doubled.

5No gunslingers. No occult classes. If you must play a summoner, Unchained Summoner only. Gunslingers are not my flavour for Irrisen. Occult classes I am just not familiar enough with and do not wish to have to learn at this point. APG Summoner just left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't like the unchained one much more. I think it's that stupid gnome iconic with his ridiculous purple hat.

6I think I'd like certain spells to be removed. Specifically, at present, I'm thinking of Astral Projection. I don't want the party projecting their way through the entire module while their material bodies remain safely ensconced on an unreachable demiplane.

How does this sound for everyone? I don't want to spoil anyone's fun and am open to discussion on these points.

What are everybody's character ideas? I'd prefer a fairly varied party (not 4-6 dual cursed oracles, if possible) and it might be useful in determining final party make up.

All these sound really great actually.

I'm not a fan of optimising PCs either. In the tables I run/ran, I've asked players to consider not optimising (although I don't strictly enforce it), and I would be fine with a full party of wizards. In games I've played, I'd randomly chosen race/class before as well. I will do the same for race here, although I will go for a more select magic-user class as I would love to try any of these at high-level, so here is my final (lol) decision on what I'll be playing:

- taen previously rolled 1custom7{Dwarf;Elf;Gnome;Half-Elf;Half-Orc;Halfling;Human} = ( Human) = ( Human) (Race =)
- taen previously rolled 1custom6{druid;sorcerer;wizard;magus;summoner;witch} = ( druid) = ( druid) (Class =)

Fyi, my randomly chosen magic-user class comes from the core and base classes only. I'm skipping cleric only because I'm doing a 17th level 5e tempest cleric elsewhere.

Is the animal companion here a horse

Go team human!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smith
Japan
Fukuoka
flag msg tools
badge
A very irregular head
mbmbmbmbmb
taen wrote:

EDIT: We should have an OOC thread soon, so that we don't spam everyone else subscribed to this forum.

Okay, [OOC] is up. If you're still keen to join the game, head along to the [OOC] and thumb, subscribe, comment etc. to let me know you're in.

I'm really not sure how many players we'll get, but if it's between 4-6 we should be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to bring a wizard to the table. I have a weak spot for blasters. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
I see keen interest in martial, rogue, bard. For high level play I think a wizard is a necessity so I will probably play that (surprise surprise).

Some thoughts:

1) I'd very much prefer to play a Samsaran, but if that's not allowed I will settle for a core race

2) I do appreciate concerns about item creation feats being unbalancing- -perhaps I can suggest limiting crafting to 4 or 5 items per feat?
-Wizards begin the game with Scribe Scroll, what's your view? Will it be restricted?
-The WBL applied to wizards already builds in a 'wizard tax' because learning 2 new spells per level is really inadequate and the wizard will have to pay for access to more spells (unless you generously decide to grant a higher number of known spells)

Let me know what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.