Greyhawk Adventures
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mbmbmbmbmb
sdonohue wrote:
I went from about 82-86 without drinking any then got sucked in by a free Apple Slice (probably no one remembers it) from the Pepsi guy at camp.

I remember Slice, though my experimentation there was limited to special occasions as my parents found KoolAid and Nestea Powder cans more economical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Trudeau
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Emperors Grace wrote:
sdonohue wrote:
I went from about 82-86 without drinking any then got sucked in by a free Apple Slice (probably no one remembers it) from the Pepsi guy at camp.

I remember Slice, though my experimentation there was limited to special occasions as my parents found KoolAid and Nestea Powder cans more economical.

I loved Slice! The regular one and especially Apple Slice. The orange one was just okay. I don't drink carbonated beverages much anymore, but I'd drink those if they made them again! If I remember correctly, they weren't nearly as carbonated as regular soda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Timmins
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
admin
designer
So stop your cheap comment, 'cause we know what we feel...
badge
My sticky paws were into making straws out of big fat slurpy treats - incredible eight-foot heap / Now the funny glare to pay a gleaming tare in a staring under heat involved an under usual feat
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Zima? Anybody remember that stuff? Or Breezers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Robben
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
And here...
badge
I should really add something smart and sparkly here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mallet wrote:
Benevolentgamemaster wrote:
I once tried a European Whiskey that tasted like bacon. Not great. Don't recall ever inflicting this kind of thing on a PC.

I sincerely hope that you are not criticizing the Laphroiag 10, young man. angry

No, young Whippersnapper who's probably younger than me. The L10 (or better still its divine cousin the Quarter Cask) are superb peated Scotch Whisky iterations. The stuff I tasted was something from Germany or thereabouts and therefore named Whiskey. And they did put a leg of bacon in there for aging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmb
ctimmins wrote:

It's mike's hard lemonade for sophisticates like myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
admin
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
mbmbmb
ctimmins wrote:
I remember getting very soused on Zima when it first came out, that stuff was insipid but dangerously easy to drink. Never touched it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
skalchemist wrote:
ctimmins wrote:
I remember getting very soused on Zima when it first came out, that stuff was insipid but dangerously easy to drink. Never touched it again.

They brought it back a couple of summers ago - it's still dangerously easy to drink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have created many strange and wondrous drinks for RPGs. What I created for Call of Cthuhlu probably wins, given that they were drinks in the Dreamland - though for some reason my group decided not to try any!

In reality, I'm not adventurous when it comes to what I drink. I don't do any alcohol. I do drink some outrageous teas - catnip tea wins for worst-tasting as it was like boiled broccoli mixed with fresh hay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
admin
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
mbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
I have created many strange and wondrous drinks for RPGs. What I created for Call of Cthuhlu probably wins, given that they were drinks in the Dreamland - though for some reason my group decided not to try any!
I was about to say I'm surprised you don't have a random table for this, Caroline, but then I realized you probably DO have a random table for this and I just haven't seen it yet for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Anderson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think probably the strangest drink I've tried is one that was aloe-based. Yeah, the same stuff you rub on a sunburn to cool it down. Taste was okay; texture was kind of slimy.

I've never made up a drink for an RPG, but my players have. When they were in a pub in our space opera game, they asked for "Moon Scotch." I refrained from pedantically pointing out that Scotch, by definition, is made in Scotland, and therefore Scotch made on the moon wouldn't actually be Scotch . Moon Scotch actually became a minor plot point later in the campaign.

Speaking of weird soda flavors, when Coca-Cola Freestyle machines first came out, I was excited about it, because it was like "Wow, you can get a zillion flavors of Coke!" but it turns out in practice, you can get a zillion flavors of Coke... none of which taste quite right. I'd rather have a can or bottle of Vanilla Coke or Cherry Coke than anything from a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmb
Topically related I heard about this recently.

Mystery Soda Machine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Retributor
msg tools
badge
My work is down the street from an Asian import shop. It has a ton of bizarro Japanese foods, including a line of sodas with basil seed in it. They are ... fine? Flavors are persimmon, mango, etc. The seeds have a bit of a gelatinous texture.

(Not used in an RPG.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Retributor
msg tools
badge
Almost forgot -- one time I got a bottle of Malibu Coconut "Rum" (scare quotes because it's only 20% ABV and full of high fructose corn syrup) for a guest who was going to come over to play board games and likes drinks that ... well, you know how sometimes people will take a sip of something strong and say "ah, that'll put hair on your chest!" ...? Well this guest likes drinks that are, say ... morally/gustatorally depilatory.

Then the guest cancelled and I spitefully drank the whole thing to (a) rob him of the pleasure of having it later and (b) remove it from my house as fast as possible.

It tasted like the tears of a clown, who is not allowed within 100 yards of a school.

(Edit: not used in an RPG, but the clown might make an appearance.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dysjunct wrote:
Almost forgot -- one time I got a bottle of Malibu Coconut "Rum" (scare quotes because it's only 20% ABV and full of high fructose corn syrup) for a guest who was going to come over to play board games and likes drinks that ... well, you know how sometimes people will take a sip of something strong and say "ah, that'll put hair on your chest!" ...? Well this guest likes drinks that are, say ... morally/gustatorally depilatory.

Then the guest cancelled and I spitefully drank the whole thing to (a) rob him of the pleasure of having it later and (b) remove it from my house as fast as possible.

It tasted like the tears of a clown, who is not allowed within 100 yards of a school.

THAT POST IS LIKE 80% LIES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
STRAP IN » BURN ON » BLACK OUT
badge
HIT 'EM FROM ORBIT
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:

(Edit: not used in an RPG, but the clown might make an appearance.)

I, too, ended up purchasing a quantity of Malibu Coconut Rum for a certain houseguest... At the checkout the nice lady pointed out that due to current special blow-out pricing on said item I could get the gallon size for less than the normal-people bottle; I was hesitant as while said houseguest is the mass of two people lashed pelvis-to-shoulders, they would only be staying for a couple days, and I wasn't sure they could drink that much. But my wife was eager to be both frugal and a good hostess, and so I ended up with the novelty bottle.

And while said houseguest did their level best to drink as much as possible, I did end up doing clown-tear shooters for a good chunk of time thereafter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
STRAP IN » BURN ON » BLACK OUT
badge
HIT 'EM FROM ORBIT
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
HiveGod wrote:

And while said houseguest did their level best to drink as much as possible, I did end up doing clown-tear shooters for a good chunk of time thereafter.
Clown tears definitely needs to be an entry in Caroline's random drink table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Timmins
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
admin
designer
So stop your cheap comment, 'cause we know what we feel...
badge
My sticky paws were into making straws out of big fat slurpy treats - incredible eight-foot heap / Now the funny glare to pay a gleaming tare in a staring under heat involved an under usual feat
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
My work is down the street from an Asian import shop.

Do they sell those Ramune "marble" lid sodas (Codd-neck bottles)? My kids happily will drink anything, no matter how disgusting, if it comes in one of those bottles. I recall even something like "Octopus" flavor soda being declared "yummy"... because of the bottle.

Hospitals should start using those bottles for foul oral medicine. It's like magic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mbmbmbmbmb
ctimmins wrote:
How about Zima?

Awful stuff. Lemon lime "malt beverage" with the worst tastes of both.

My older brother was a huge fan when it came out... but then again, he thought MadDog 20/20 tasted good too.

ctimmins wrote:
dysjunct wrote:
My work is down the street from an Asian import shop.

Do they sell those Ramune "marble" lid sodas (Codd-neck bottles)? My kids happily will drink anything, no matter how disgusting, if it comes in one of those bottles. I recall even something like "Octopus" flavor soda being declared "yummy"... because of the bottle.

Hospitals should start using those bottles for foul oral medicine. It's like magic.

Hah, my son and his friends love those too (at the local hibachi place). I'll admit to being a bit partial to the "melon" flavor but they are very sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gen Con is coming!
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot about the chocolate + wine that my wife, daughter, and I tried at a wine tasting. An abomination. We all hated it (rare!), and it took forever to get rid of the taste.

I went to look for a picture of it and was horrified to find far too many different brands. It may have been the one below, but I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmb
brumcg wrote:
I forgot about the chocolate + wine that my wife, daughter, and I tried at a wine tasting. An abomination. We all hated it (rare!), and it took forever to get rid of the taste.

I went to look for a picture of it and was horrified to find far too many different brands. It may have been the one below, but I'm not sure.

This is a weird one, because in theory, a chocolate (like you would buy in a chocolate shop) with a wine-based filling would be delicious (going by the tastiness of brandy-filled chocolates). But as a drink it sounds awful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Anderson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been to a handful of beer festivals, where you're trying different flavors of beer all day. I'm sure I've had some weird flavors in that context, but I can't remember any specifically. I do recall that I must have been allergic to something in one of the beers at the last fest I went to, because I woke up in the middle of the night with my face all puffy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
"We talked a little more of Milesians and Firbolgs; but I do not write what he told me here, as it is at variance with things I have written already, as is often the case with legend, whence comes a pleasing variety." -Lord Dunsany
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I had a Ghost Pepper Margarita once that was soo yummy, but soo damned hot, I started seeing into the 8th dimension...

In your face, space coyote!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmbmbmb

I've never had the pleasure, but this could easily fit into an RPG...

The Sourtoe Cocktail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
skalchemist wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
I was about to say I'm surprised you don't have a random table for this, Caroline, but then I realized you probably DO have a random table for this and I just haven't seen it yet for some reason.

Oh, I think I did create one... but I don't think I shared it anywhere since I built it for the adventure I was running last year... let me dig it out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.