Deities & Demigods
Greyhawk Adventures
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
skalchemist wrote:
dysjunct wrote:
HiveGod wrote:
It tasted like the tears of a clown, who is not allowed within 100 yards of a school.

And while said houseguest did their level best to drink as much as possible, I did end up doing clown-tear shooters for a good chunk of time thereafter.
Clown tears definitely needs to be an entry in Caroline's random drink table.

I'm pretty sure "tears of the innocent" was on the list... no clowns though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
STRAP IN » BURN ON » BLACK OUT
badge
HIT 'EM FROM ORBIT
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
skalchemist wrote:
dysjunct wrote:
HiveGod wrote:
It tasted like the tears of a clown, who is not allowed within 100 yards of a school.

And while said houseguest did their level best to drink as much as possible, I did end up doing clown-tear shooters for a good chunk of time thereafter.
Clown tears definitely needs to be an entry in Caroline's random drink table.

I'm pretty sure "tears of the innocent" was on the list... no clowns though.

"Clown tears" needs to appear twice on that list: once for the syrupy brine that runs through parti-colored facepaint and again for the drink that's somehow made from the empty space in a gaping wound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Peters
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
At O'Doherty's Irish Pub in Spokane Valley, WA, I had a drink called The Green Monster. It had six shots, the only one I know for sure was Midori for the color, and was served in a juice carafe. It was delicious, whatever was in it.

I haven't used it (or any really weird drink) in my games but now that I'm thinking about it, it'll make an appearance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gen Con is coming!
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Blammo wrote:
It had six shots, the only one I know for sure was Midori for the color, and was served in a juice carafe. It was delicious

Oh, no. I just remembered "Swill." On New Year's Eve 1985, a group of us started drinking a shot of everything in the room from a large ladle. No, I don't know why it was a ladle. I remember Creme de Menthe and Peach Schnapps being two of the 6-7 shots. I'm told later in the night I added some Worcestershire sauce for "flavor."

Not my proudest moment.

This will make an appearance in an upcoming game. It has to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver S
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brumcg wrote:
Oh, no. I just remembered "Swill." On New Year's Eve 1985, a group of us started drinking a shot of everything in the room from a large ladle. No, I don't know why it was a ladle. I remember Creme de Menthe and Peach Schnapps being two of the 6-7 shots. I'm told later in the night I added some Worcestershire sauce for "flavor."

This reminded me of the last bash at one of my friend's apartments in college, where we were under an injunction to finish everything in the liquor cabinet before their parents showed up to pick them up in the morning. Yikes.

(New Year's Eve also reminded me of the time a friend brought champagne for mimosas at a New Year's Day brunch, but there was no orange juice, only orange gatorade. I guess it was an appropriate complement to bottom-shelf bubbly.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mbmbmbmbmb
They used to call that "garbage can punch" in college.

What ever liquors were leftover from the year all got mixed together and then an equal part of juice/water/soda were mixed in with fruit chunks tossed in for good measure.

The smell alone kept me from trying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmb
Emperors Grace wrote:

What ever liquors were leftover from the year all got mixed together and then an equal part of juice/water/soda were mixed in with fruit chunks tossed in for good measure.

This is from Tortilla Flat by Steinbeck in case you want to sound sophisticated when you are pushing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Peters
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Emperors Grace wrote:

We called that "jungle juice". I'm sure things were mixed that never should have been but all I remember about it is fishing for the bits of pineapple in the bin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixu Lauronen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The revolution lasted six minutes and covered one hundred and twelve meters.
mbmbmbmbmb
Graewulf wrote:
Years ago, a friend from Finland flew in for a multi-day LAN party get-together our gaming clan was having and he brought some kind of alcoholic drink with him that he said was popular in Finland, so we all tried it. I don't remember what it was called, but it had a strong licorice taste (it wasn't Jagermeister) and looked like motor oil after 10,000 miles. It was utterly repulsive. Part of me still thinks he brought that stuff, or made it, to mess with us. He was known for being a bit of a prankster. Jerk...yuk

It has to be salmiakkikossu. Salmiakki is ammonium chloride (really!), and absolutely an acquired taste. I personally love it. Kossu is short for Koskenkorva, which is Finnish vodka.

I have tasted Korean snake spirits, which includes a dead poisonous snake in the bottle. One sip makes your intestines turn upside down. I will probably use it in my Pathfinder campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixula wrote:
One sip makes your intestines turn upside down. I will probably use it in my Pathfinder campaign.

"I need one thing right now, and your stupid map isn't helping. You mean to tell me we've mapped six levels of this dungeon, and we haven't seen one toilet?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azukail Games
msg tools
designer
publisher
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
mbmbmbmbmb
A drink derived from a drug-infused patent medicine that was supposedly a cure for many diseases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.