Tales from the Loop
Princess Pillowfighter
Bushido (3rd Edition)
Dark•Matter Campaign Setting
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Everyone is John (2nd Edition)
Bree
Microscope
The Burning Wheel Fantasy Roleplaying System (Gold)
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Hillfolk
Blades in the Dark
The Derelict
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
Toon (Deluxe Edition)
Monsters & Treasure
Fiasco
AMBER Diceless Role-Playing
Castles & Crusades Players Handbook
Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned
Trial by Fire
Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion
Everyone is John
Don't Walk in Winter Wood (Second Edition)
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Premium Original Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game
Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Mutant Bikers of the Atomic Wasteland (Fudge)
Star Trek Adventures Core Book
My Little Pony: Tails of Equestria, The Storytelling Game
The Curse of the Statuettes
We Be Leshys
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
InSpectres
Dread
Marvel Super Heroes Adventure Game
Trail of Cthulhu
Al-Qadim Land of Fate
Children of the Horned Rat
The Ruins of Undermountain
TWERPS Basic Rules (2nd Edition)
Unseen Masters
Psychosis: Ship of Fools
I6: Ravenloft
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
The Burning Plague
Jakandor: Land of Legend
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » General

Subject: Great News About Warping Tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI...I wrote to Wizards about my warping tiles/character cards and this is the reply I received:

"The replacement tiles we will be sending won't have the same warping problem. Also, there may be a delay in getting the replacements mailed out to you as we are waiting for the corrected replacement tiles ourselves."

I then asked if they would be of the same quality because then there would be no point in sending me replacements. I'm still awaiting that response, but at least they are decent enough replace their defected product.

I advise everyone to write to Wizards as well and do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Daniels
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers for that.....will send a message to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ayo23
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the tiles they're sending out to me are the non-warping ones. I e-mailed them last week but it felt like they were just writing back canned responses to me. I didn't get a reply like yours. hmmm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you mention in your email to them about the character tiles as well? most of mine are warped and some of the stat sliders don't even stay on if picked up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I said all my room tiles, character tiles, and even the playing cards so we shall see. I also noticed something that may be causing them to warp. The black, plastic insert that is used to hold all the components has a lot of static electricity. I wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with the warping. I'm no scientist, but that insert is definitely very positively charged if you no what I mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info - I'm writing them right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryd Pickles wrote:
FYI...I wrote to Wizards about my warping tiles/character cards and this is the reply I received:

"The replacement tiles we will be sending won't have the same warping problem. Also, there may be a delay in getting the replacements mailed out to you as we are waiting for the corrected replacement tiles ourselves."

I then asked if they would be of the same quality because then there would be no point in sending me replacements. I'm still awaiting that response, but at least they are decent enough replace their defected product.

I advise everyone to write to Wizards as well and do the same.

What's their e-mail address?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to fill out a form on their website. So, you also need to be a registered user, as far as I can tell.

http://www.wizards.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just go to www.wizards.com and you will need to register and fill out an email form. They are very good at replying fast. Hopefully they can redeem themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Fryd Pickles wrote:
I said all my room tiles, character tiles, and even the playing cards so we shall see. I also noticed something that may be causing them to warp. The black, plastic insert that is used to hold all the components has a lot of static electricity. I wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with the warping. I'm no scientist, but that insert is definitely very positively charged if you no what I mean.

I suspected as much. Not the static electricity thing, but I took one look at that insert and thought the holes for the tiles seemed poorly shaped near the bottom. I threw it out while unboxing the game (I was planning to keep all my tokens in a Plano modular tacklebox anyway) and my tiles have shown relatively little warping so far. The character tiles are a bit warped, and the entrance tile doesn't lie completely flat, but both are still well within acceptable parameters for me.

The other room tiles, which have been sitting in the empty box with an elastic to hold them together for a couple weeks now, have shown no signs of warping whatsoever. I gather this warping thing happens fairly quickly from other reports, so I'm thinking I might be out of the woods (fingers crossed.)

For anyone who's considering buying 2e but was put off by the poor quality reports - buy it and try getting rid of the black plastic tray liner. Worst case scenario, Wizards seems to responding to requests for replacements, best case, no warping for you! Aside from this warping thing, it's a fantastic game both mechanically and component-wise, definitely worth owning a copy!

Edit: Another thought - if the static electricity thing holds any water as far as causing warping, new owners should maybe take all the tile sprues out of the box and out of the plastic wrapping, and then leave them on a table or something for a couple hours before actually punching out the cardboard components. Run your fingers over them briefly to discharge any static built up while the game was sealed. Could be interesting to hear form anyone who's willing to take the plunge and see how this works out. My copy it's too late, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
Did you mention in your email to them about the character tiles as well? most of mine are warped and some of the stat sliders don't even stay on if picked up. :(

I asked about the character tiles as well.

Quote:
We don't have a timeframe for when we will receive the shipment of improved tiles, however I show that your order has been placed to replace all the tiles for Betrayal at House on the Hill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of good news. Wizards sent me a whole new deck of cards, but no tiles yet. I'll keep those puppies wrapped tight for rainy day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, that I´m too stupid: Where do I find this form on their page?!
When I`m on the wizard.com website I don`t see anything concerning this topic.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just the Contact Us page. Then click on "Email Us". There isn't a specific form for this particular issue or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah...ok....that`s what I did, but I`ve expected a specific form.

Thanks for your feedback

Regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Brock
United States
Easley
South Carolina
flag msg tools
天 Heaven
badge
Master of the Fist (拳を極めし者, Ken o Kiwameshi Mono?)
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this game as a Secret Santa gift. Mine starting warping after the first hour. Thanks for the instructions. Just sent off an e-mail to WotC support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Scarbrough
United States
Lula
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cry Same issue with my new game as well...I have emailed them and requested replacements.....I imagine they are going to take a loss on this game by doing the right thing and replacing the defective tiles but they will retain my future potential purchases by doing so....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.