4th Edition Core Rulebook Collection
Lace & Steel
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set
Fading Suns (Revised Second Edition)
Gamma World Roleplaying Game
Flynn's Guide to Alien Creation
Microscope
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Player's Handbook (HackMaster 5th Edition)
Dungeons: A Solo Adventure Game
Wrath of the Autarch
Metamorphosis Alpha Deluxe Collector's Edition
Cepheus Engine System Reference Document
Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide
Adventures in Middle-earth Loremaster's Guide
Rockalypse
SOLO: Solo RPG Campaigns for the Cepheus Engine
Barbarian Conquerors of Kanahu
Rise of the Dungeon Master: Gary Gygax and the Creation of D&D
Paranoia: Red Clearance Edition
Toxicity
Schemes of the Autarch
Monsterhearts 2
The Synod of Worms, 1076
Book of Exalted Darkness: Killing the Golden Twins
Player's Handbook (D&D 4e)
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Doctor Who Roleplaying Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Potter Who - The Meddling Graske - Part One rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
I'm not exactly breaking the laws of time, but I am bending them a little.
mbmbmbmbmb

Actually, it’s Potter-less Who as The Potters player couldn’t make it. So, my first Doctor who RPG without a Time Lord in a story I’ve planned to have time travel in. This should be interesting.

The Meddling Graske
What is a Graske?
A Graske is not evil, but morally questionable. They have very high tech and are very mischievous.

Terry - UNIT tech
Jonathan - UNIT tech
Fazdar - Shaman form the tribe of the Sevateam
Dean - Security Guard
Ace - Dashing space jockey

The Potter has dropped off his friends in England, planet Earth, in the Summer of the year 2010. The location is Longleat House, an Elizabethan Manor House with large grounds incorporating visitor attractions and safari park (the irony being there was a Doctor Who exhibition here for many years). Their task is to try and catch and hold a meddling Graske. It’s a weekend so Longleat is busy with families visiting, not to mention that there is some big exhibition on and some new Web Launch causing lots of visitor activity.

The group decide to stick together and eventually see what they think is the Graske running into the maze (one of Longleat’s attractions is its large hedge maze). Terry and Fazdar decide to guard the exit, Jonathan, Dean and Ace stick together heading into the maze, although it’s not long before Jonathan becomes sparated.

Ace and Dean spot the Graske and give chase, only for the Graske to ‘cheat’. He presses a button his Vortex Manipulator and changes the maze creating a hedge in front of Ace and Dean. But Dean thinks he can charge through it, only to get stuck. The laughing Graske then presses another button and the hedge retracts into the wall. Ace is able to grab Dean and pull him free. Graske runs off only to be chased by Jonathan. Cue the Benny Hill theme as the Graske is chased around the maze. The Graske teleports in front of Dean and Ace who give chase. They pass Jonathan who is chasing the Graske in a different direction. The Graske Jonathan is chasing suddenly teleports away - and skips back in time 30 seconds!

Meanwhile Terry and Fazdar are getting bored. Then a frantic woman runs from the maze shouting, "Mark! Mark!" She runs to the security hut. Moments later an old man, at least 80 years old, weakly walks from the maze. He looks past Terry and Fazdar with an outstretched hand and mutters, "mother," before collapsing. Being medically trained Terry goes to help, but the man is dead. It looks like heart failure; natural causes. The woman returns with the security guards and Terry explains the man just died in front of them. There is a bit of a furore. The woman, Liz Jones, is looking for her son, Mark. When Terry checks the old mans wallet he finds ID, his name was Mark Jones and he also has several photos of Liz. The woman is distraught thinking the old man has been stalking her, but Terry realises this is, somehow, her 10 year old son.

Eventually Ace throws a net over the Graske and Dean snatches his Vortex Manipulator. Jonathan turns around to go after Ace and Dean only to nearly bump into a stone statue he sworn wasn’t there a second ago. He runs around it and sees his friends down the maze corridor. Ace and Dean are trying to get the Graske to shut up and stop struggling. Ace glances over his shoulder as he thought he’d heard Jonathan. Yet all he sees is a stone statue shaped like an angel, with hands covering its eyes, in the middle of the path. ‘Odd,’ he thought. But suddenly it was closer; he hadn’t even seen it move. And a moment later it was but a foot in front of him, but now its claw-like fingers were out-stretched and its face was contorted showing fang-like teeth! Ace lets out an alarming cry, causing Dean to look around. Dean sees the thing and runs. Ace, tries to step backwards but trips over the Graske. As Ace falls backwards... he blinks!

Terry tries to explain things to the woman, but without all the facts it difficult. And then they spot the Graske running from the maze. Fazdar grabs him, but the Graske is obviously more scared of something else now.

"Got to go, got to go. It’s coming!" cries the Graske!
"What’s coming?" asks Fazdar.
"Angel. The Angel."
"Angel?"
"I could control it, but your friends took my manipulator. All in danger now. Angels everywhere. Can’t stop them. Hundreds. Let me go, let me go!"

Fazdar calms down the Graske and gets some explanation about the Weeping Angel and how it has sent their friends back in time. It seems that the meddling Graske was the one who brought the Weeping Angel to Earth. Fazdar and Terry decide the only way to find their friends is to let the Weeping Angel take them, and the Graske, too. The Graske doesn’t like this plan but cannot break free from Fazdar. So slowly they enter the maze and it does not take long for their path to be blocked by the Weeping Angel.

"How far back will it send us?" asks Fazdar
"Normally your own lifetime," answers the Graske. "But your friends, and us, as time travellers. So much time energy and none of us in our own time. It could send us anywhere."

As they stood talking the Weeping Angel was now much closer yet they had not seen it move. The Graske closes his eyes tightly scared of what was coming. Terry and Fazdar look confusingly at the Weeping Angel, until they blink.

GM note: I'm not going to exlain the Weeping Angels here. The Weeping Angels first appeared in the Doctor who episode 'Blink'. More info can be found here http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Weeping_Angel

Jonathan nearly tripped over a tree root. It was still mid afternoon but he was now standing in the middle of a jungle. Strange smell, strange sounds and odd looking fauna all around. As he stood there looking about Ace and Dean Appeared. Ace climbed a tree to survey the area and saw what he thought was a... Brachiosaurus! It didn’t take long to figure out they must be somewhere in the Jurrassic Era. Dean had the Graske’s Vortex Manipulator and asked Jonathan if he could operate it. After studying it he got several functions working. Scanner revealed they were in fact in the Upper Cretaceous period, also the teleport and time-jump functions were inoperable. By the time Ace had climbed down from the tree Terry and Fazdar had appeared with the Graske. Jonathan said that the scanner had detected an energy source not from this time. The group set off through the pre-historic jungle.

The party manage to avoid any nasty looking plants, but there is a sound up ahead. Dean and Ace investigate only to come face to face with a grazing Diceratops. Dean starts to wish he hadn’t left his rifle back in the TARDIS.
Ace steps forward, "Hello. I say old chap, I don’t suppose you could help us with directions?" The dinosaur growls and steadies it’s footing. Dean grabs Ace by the scruff of the neck and drags him away. The party find an alternate route around the large creature.

They soon hear rushing water. A river, 20 meters across. About a hundred meters to their right a tree has fallen, but it is not quite a bridge all the way. A hundred meters to their left is a cliff with the river ending in a waterfall; Jonathan suggests they may be able to cross at the edge of the waterfall. From their position they see something glinting in the sunlight. Terry checks his Resourceful Pockets and pulls out a monocular. He looks and can see that it is crashed spaceship. As the group decide what to do Dean is suddenly attacked by a dinosaur (all the group failed notice checks); it is a Troodon, a small but vicious carnivore. Everyone panics. Another rushes Jonathan who jumps towards the river and onto a boulder a couple of meters out (couple of story points for there to be a boulder there). The dinosaur thinks against jumping but stays on the river edge hissing and snapping its jaws. Terry and Fazdar run in the direction of the waterfall. That leaves Ace who is charged by a third Troodon. Ace calmly draws his blaster and zzaps the dinosaur following by the one attacking Dean, who is incapacitated. The third Troodon who was hissing at Jonathan turns to attack Ace. Ace performs a roundhouse style kick, kicking the dinosaur. The creature gets up but Ace just blasts it.

A Troodon

Dean gets up thanks to his accelerated healing and the group manage to cross the river at the waterfalls edge, although the Graske nearly fell in. They make their way down to the crashed ship. Ace recognises it as a Time Agent ship, the Graske rushes on board. Alas the ship is severely damaged, and anything that could have been used to fix the time circuits of the Vortex Manipulator are gone or damaged also. Outside tracks are found, humanoid boots; there were survivors. As the sun is setting the group decide to spend the night here.

The next day they follow the tracks towards the mountains. They move out of the jungle and trek through long grass, thank is when they hear something. They Run! They exit the grass and see several meters ahead the edge of another jungle. But behind them emerge two Thescelosaurus being ridden by aliens in long red cloaks. Then breaking the tree line from the jungle emerges a creature much like a Stegosaurus (but not a Stegosaurus because they existed in Jurassic times) being ridden by another of the aliens. He too was wearing a red cloak and carried a staff and an energy whip. He speaks in a strange language but the Graske’s Vortex Manipulator is able to translate.

"You are now prisoners of the Sycorax!"

to be continued...

Dinosaur Stats

Tyrannosaurus Rex
Awareness 2
Coordination 1
Ingenuity 1
Presence 2
Resolve 2
Strength 14

Survival 4
Fighting 4

Traits
Armour Tough hide - reduce all damage by 5, L becomes Damage 10.
Fast For short periods (5 combat rounds)
Fear Factor 6
Natural Weapons Teeth damage +2

Thescelosaurus
up to 3.5M tall
Used as beasts of burden for Sycorax
Awareness 4
Coordination 3
Ingenuity 1
Presence 1
Resolve 2
Strength 7

Survival 2
Fighting 2

Traits
Fast
Fear Factor 3
Natural Weapons Teeth damage +2

Stegosaurus
Used as beasts of burden for Sycorax
Awareness 2
Coordination 2
Ingenuity 1
Presence 1
Resolve 2
Strength 10

Survival 5
Fighting 2

Traits
Slow
Fear Factor
Natural Weapons Tail, anyone behind can be attacked by it’s tail, damage +2

Brachiosaurus
Awareness 4
Coordination 1
Ingenuity 1
Presence 2
Resolve 1
Strength 16

Survival 3
Fighting 2

Traits
Slow

Troodon
Awareness 4
Coordination 4
Ingenuity 1
Presence 2
Resolve 2
Strength 5

Survival 3
Fighting 5

Traits
Fast
Fear Factor 2
Natural Weapons Bite damage +1

Diceratops
Awareness 2
Coordination 2
Ingenuity 1
Presence 1
Resolve 2
Strength 10

Survival 3
Fighting 4

Traits
Armour Tough hide. Reduce damage by 5
Slow
Fear Factor 3
Natural Weapons Beak-like mouth, damage +2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Sycorax have been busy invading earth this weekend.

Thanks for the report. I wonder how they will return to their own timeline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More Sycorax? Do tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Barad is going to write a session report. But you can find more information on the adventure we played here: Adventure feedback wanted .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I'm writing up the session report and the Sycorax where the badies in this one to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it when someone uses a weeping angel. One of my favorite monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Love it when someone uses a weeping angel. One of my favorite monsters.

Then you should read Part Two to see how they deal with it
A bit 'Space Opera' but it was such a wonderful idea I went with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
http://www.orizzonteventi.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo! I'm running this adventure... I used some of the ideas and I came up with a couple of interesting twists as I wanted an adventure with a time paradox.

I will post a session report when I finish it (probably next week or so).

Thank you

P.S. : Did you know that mirrorshades are the ultimate defesive system against weeping angels? cool shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to read your write-up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.