He went overloading on testing and coding and his name was
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
Currently: planning.
mbmbmbmbmb
Soon the individual files will be loaded into the database here, but in the meantime I have compiled all of the entries into two zip files hosted externally (I'll delete these files once the voting period is over). You can download them now from:
http://stelio.net/games/geek/2011A.zip (18.7 MB)
http://stelio.net/games/geek/2011B.zip (17.5 MB)

As such, voting can begin!

In order to vote:

1 Download the files for all of the entries, and give them a good read.

2 Decide on what order you think the games should be ranked, from best to worst.

3 GeekMail your decision to me (quick link).

Voting algorithm

All registered users are eligible to vote. You can change your mind if you want by sending me an updated order of voting, but only if you do so before voting closes.

The contest will be decided by Single Transferable Vote (the same method as last year). This is a voting method that is not possible (yet) using the poll functionality on this site, which is why you need to send me your votes instead. I will then count up the results in order to determine the winner.

The only information I need for your vote is a list of the games in the order that you think they should end up. You do not need to list all entries in your vote, but please list at least three entries as there are places for three winners. Listing fourth/fifth/etc. choices helps when the voting is close.

For full disclosure, I will be using the Droop quota with surplus votes reallocated through proportional allocation similar to the Gregory method.

Timeline

First deadline: Wednesday 23 March 2011
Second deadline: Monday 28 March 2011

There are lots of games to read, but there were even more last year. The voting period is longer this year as well, so there shouldn't be any problems. Just in case, I'll extend the above deadline if I think that I haven't received enough votes. If it's close to the deadline and you still need more time, let me know (by posting here) as that will affect my decision to extend the deadline.

Questions

Please ask any questions in this thread.

The vote-counting mechanism is ideally suited to this type of contest, but is complex and so I won't be surprised if there are requests for further explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Steve
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmb
Re: VOTING BEGINS!
Am I right in thinking that we should refrain from submitting any written reviews until the voting is over?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/252904/curse-dokter-ekwilibreums-maze-deth-open-construct
badge
Welcome to my Maze of Deth!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray! They're up and I can print them before we let out for spring break, meaning I can use the work computer instead of the home computer!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdonohue wrote:
Am I right in thinking that we should refrain from submitting any written reviews until the voting is over?

That's what was requested last year, to keep from coloring anyone's perceptions of the game in question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carter
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, very excited! I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
The Geek? Yes, it's a good site. But - ah! You should have seen it before the rebranding! It was legible and a joy to read! All gone now, sadly, and so (mostly) am I because of it ...
badge
I'm sorry, I cannot read this site regularly while the intense white background is in effect. I have eye health issues, and this is painful. I'll still make brief visits, largely for trades and rules questions, but my socializing here is done for now
mbmbmbmbmb
May I post the probabilities of success for Easy, Moderate and Hard tasks, or should I wait until voting is over?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/252904/curse-dokter-ekwilibreums-maze-deth-open-construct
badge
Welcome to my Maze of Deth!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Downloaded, and off to the printer! Finally!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
World Cup Final 14th July 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, a couple of weeks of good reading while watching the Cricket World Cup.

Thanks Stelio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Christensen
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, Good Luck everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck indeed! Looks like a lot of fascinating ideas here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdonohue wrote:
Am I right in thinking t61817hat we should refrain from submitting any written reviews until the voting is over?
As Erich says, please wait until after the voting period in order not to colour the opinions of other voters. It'll be interesting to see how many of these games feature in the Iron Reviewer contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sos1 wrote:
May I post the probabilities of success for Easy, Moderate and Hard tasks, or should I wait until voting is over?
I don't see how that would change the votes of anyone, so go for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
The Geek? Yes, it's a good site. But - ah! You should have seen it before the rebranding! It was legible and a joy to read! All gone now, sadly, and so (mostly) am I because of it ...
badge
I'm sorry, I cannot read this site regularly while the intense white background is in effect. I have eye health issues, and this is painful. I'll still make brief visits, largely for trades and rules questions, but my socializing here is done for now
mbmbmbmbmb
Stelio wrote:
sos1 wrote:
I don't see how that would change the votes of anyone, so go for it!
Done, thanks! And Brian Leet has already answered my question on p.1 of my game, thanks, Brian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gave seven games already a look at. Steffan, do you make a geeklist again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I know. I didn't expect this to be the tough part. 8 done, mainly because I flew cross country yesterday...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Gave seven games already a look at. Steffan, do you make a geeklist again?
With the zipped files, I don't think it needs a geeklist this time. Last year, it was handy just to be able to find all the games together, but this year just download two files and you're done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Christensen
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would still be nice for when the voting is over and the files are gone.. or for people who dont want to download them or vote but just want to skim through the different pages and see what was submitted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
I know. I didn't expect this to be the tough part. 8 done, mainly because I flew cross country yesterday...

Working my way through them. One crashed my PRS600...

about 10 read. Some people stretch the definition of RPG further than I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Top Rope Games wrote:
It would still be nice for when the voting is over and the files are gone.. or for people who dont want to download them or vote but just want to skim through the different pages and see what was submitted.
They're all listed under 2011 RPG Geek 24 Hour RPGs, if that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
World Cup Final 14th July 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
Half-way through... some great ideas, systems and design. It's going to be a tough choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Christensen
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
im gonna have to figure out how to find more time to catch up.. im only about 6 or 7 RPGs in.. gonna have to hurry up if i want to get to the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a regular role play session cancel on Thursday, so that gave me three or four more hours for reading the entries. It probably took me a total of nine hours of review or so to sort my reactions to these, and I'm a fairly quick reader.

My votes are in! For me there were 10 clear entries I'd be glad to try, so I just ranked that many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cooksey
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm on a podcast! - www.playontarget.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read six of them so far and I haven't run into a dud yet. I've got a pretty slow weekend coming up so once I've caught up on my PbF games, I'll be back to reading the rest of the entries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't this thread be pinned to the front to attract more voters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |