4th Edition Core Rulebook Collection
Lace & Steel
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set
Fading Suns (Revised Second Edition)
Gamma World Roleplaying Game
Flynn's Guide to Alien Creation
Microscope
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Player's Handbook (HackMaster 5th Edition)
Dungeons: A Solo Adventure Game
Wrath of the Autarch
Metamorphosis Alpha Deluxe Collector's Edition
Cepheus Engine System Reference Document
Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide
Adventures in Middle-earth Loremaster's Guide
Rockalypse
SOLO: Solo RPG Campaigns for the Cepheus Engine
Barbarian Conquerors of Kanahu
Rise of the Dungeon Master: Gary Gygax and the Creation of D&D
Paranoia: Red Clearance Edition
Toxicity
Schemes of the Autarch
Monsterhearts 2
The Synod of Worms, 1076
Book of Exalted Darkness: Killing the Golden Twins
Player's Handbook (D&D 4e)
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Rogue Trader» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Ork Freebootas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
I'm not exactly breaking the laws of time, but I am bending them a little.
mbmbmbmbmb
Player note: I’m writing this from an Ork perspective but I’m not going to write it in full Ork speak, uvvawise yew wuddn’t be appy reedin it all wud ya, Dakka Dakka.

Kaptin’s Log

We stride from the tree line overlooking a huge strange structure. I think it’s a Spaceship. Gobsnot thinks it's a bike. But I’m clever me, and I can see it has no wheels. We argue as we near it. There are lots of holes in it, I try and see if there is one where we can get in.

There are three of us. I’m Dakkawankel, I’m Mek, I make things work. Gobsnot, he’s a Herder, he has pet Squigs. And Grimbak, he’s a nutter, a Painboy, he patches us up, sort of, if we get hurt.

Gobsnot agrees now that it’s not a bike. So we climb in and have a look around. I think the best place to go to is Da Boss room, and somehow I know where that is. It takes us a while to level open da big door. I like Da Boss room. It’s big. Lots of dead Orks are all over the place and Da Boss is dead in his chair. He was a big ‘un too, Metal Gob, Big Choppa and a Power Klaw. And he’s wearing a hat. I want da hat. So does Gobsnot and Grimbak. But who should be Kaptin? Only one way to find out... FIGHT!!! Gobsnot immediately nuts Grimbak who collapses from the blow, and I give Gobsnot a mighty blow, but he’s still standing and he whacks me one back. We bang heads for a couple of minutes before Gobsnot is knocked to the floor and I take da hat. I’m Kaptin now. I’m Da Boss!

When they wake up, Gobsnot takes the Big Choppa. I want da Power Klaw but can’t lift it, so tell Gobsnot to cut if off da old bosses arm. Bloody idyot keeps missing and smashin’ up my chair! Eventually he get the Power Power Klaw off but I can’t lift it, bugga! [I messed up every attempt to lift the damn thing]

Then we hear a roar. We look out of da window and see a giant Squig! Gobsnot decides he wants it so goes down to get it. Gobsnot looks very tiny next to da Squig, and it ain't obeying him. In fact, it tries to eat him! We fire a couple of shots at da squig with Shootas that we find, but Gobsnot manages to kill it with his Big Choppa.

We work out that this Ork Kill-Kroosa had obviously crashed killing the crew and we are the genetic imprint grown from their spores. Soon more Orks start to trudge from the forest and join da krew. I decide we’re gonna fix da ship.

Orks get to work fixing the ship but there is a problem, we’re out of fuel. So I take a look at the Kompootas. At first all I get is Goth Rock blasting out, then I get the ‘look screen’ working and see there is a Hoomie base nearby. We gear up a load of Boyz and get marchin’.

The base is surrounded by a high wall and thick gate. So I have an idea, I’ll build a throwing thing, a catapult, and send a couple of boyz over the wall to open the gate. We do that, but they hit the building then get beat up by hoomie’s. WAAAGH!!! We charge in and just smash down the door. The hoomie’s put up a fight ta’ be proud of. We find a Trukk and load up the barrels of fuel. Then one of the hoomie’s speaking kompootas has a hoomie voice on it, "Base, do you copy? Is everything okay?" Gobsnot answers, "Ar’ Weapon malfunction, ev’rythink okay now boss." Don’t know why hoomie’s didn’t buy that one.

We get the fuel back to the ship and get it ready to fly, but there are more hoomies coming and still lots of holes in the ship. So we move the ship closer to that hoomie base to use da metal. [yes, we did move and land a kilometre long starship!]

Grimbak had now found da Pain Room [medbay] and got himself some Doc Tools. I told him to have a go at fitting me the Power Klaw and. AAARRRGGGHH!!!!! Da git just cut my bloody arm off without warning! He fitted me the Power Klaw but it ‘urts!

We fix some guns to da Kill-Kroosa including the cannon off da Trukk we looted and I made couple of Grotzookas. Soon the hoomies were close, and they had a Battlewagon [Chimera] and two Killa Kans [Sentinels]. WAAAGH!!! We let ‘em have it with our big guns, got one of the Grots to fire the gunz and warned ‘im not ta miss! [another player joined in at this point and played the Grot] The Grot did miss, so fired himself out of da Kannon to avoid being fed to Gobsnots Squigs. Then we charged in.

Da Boyz went in first and Gobsnot charged in with his Big Choppa and his Squgs that he had now trained to fight... DAKKA DAKKA!!! Hoomie guns were puny. I charged at one of da Kans, lifted my Power Klaw and... it was too ‘eavy, I toppled over backwards. Oi! That ain’t funny.

The Sentinel stomped me and Gobsnot was being shot at by da Tank.
Da Grot was in da fight too and snuck up on da Tank. He managed to climb on and set fire to it’s fuel tanks - BOOM!

Grimbak injected Gobsnot with summat so he could fight again and I managed to get the Power Klaw working and rip up da hoomie Kan, Dakka Dakka!!!

After a good fight we had won. We looted da Tank and finished fixing up our ship.
I sit in my Kaptin’s chair with my Power Klaw and hat and look at the Kompootas showing a map of the stars. Let’s see what’s out there boyz, WAAAGH!!! arrrh

Kaptin Dakkawankel
My 40K HQ, my PC doesn't have the Kustom Force Field

Painboy Grimbak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the great report. Playing as Ork freebooters sounds like fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
great report, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers.

As a 40K Ork player it was great fun. The GM is advancing us pretty quickly because he's only got a couple of weeks to game due to his wife expecting a baby within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll get at least another week in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Tousignant
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there actual rules for playing Orks or was this all houseruled?

If there are actual rules I may just have to pick up Rogue Trader. I've been an Ork fan since the 80s.

One correction: that should be Goffic Rock coming out o' the 'puter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Ork rules complete with relevant traits and advancements are in Into the Storm

One of the best ever RPG book IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Tousignant
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. Just added this to my wish list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Tousignant
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugavine wrote:
Yep, Ork rules complete with relevant traits and advancements are in Into the Storm

One of the best ever RPG book IMHO.

I managed to snag myself a copy of Dark Heresy for a very good price. Would Into the Storm work with it or do I still need to find myself a copy of Rogue Trader?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules wise I'd say it is compatible. Just be aware that there is a power step between the three Core books;

Dark Heresy < Rogue Trader < Deathwatch

That's not saying one book is better than the other, just that you have to be aware of balance issues when mixing up the sourcebooks.

Also Orks are TOUGH! In our game (and I will get the final Session report up soon) there is no way we could have taken so much punishment had we been playing human Rogue Traders or Dark Heresy characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.