United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
Currently Playing 2 games: Star Wars Edge of the Empire and Labyrinth Lord (Barrowmaze)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Adventurers! This will serve as the Character Generation and Out-of-Character thread for the first chapter of The Great Depression, a classic 4e D&D romp. Feel free to ask questions, clarify rules, discuss things amongst yourselves (tactics, plans, etc.)

Please note that this is NOT a recruitment thread.

Treat this thread as the normal chatter between players and DM which is not directly in character (i.e. anything not in character). Conversations with NPCs, story reveal, or combat -- those things will be in the In Character Thread).

This thread is open for business! Please subscribe to this thread as it will contain all of the out of character discussions for chapter 1. You should also subscribe to the In Character thread as well as it will contain all of the in character discussion, maps, combat, story, etc. for the first chapter (I'll link to it here when I get it posted).

Here is a link to the In Character thread for this game: Great Depression IC Thread

Feel free to discuss chargen issues in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
Currently Playing 2 games: Star Wars Edge of the Empire and Labyrinth Lord (Barrowmaze)
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a template for your PC sheet:
Name:
Class:
Alignment:
Initiative:
Passive Perception:
Speed:

Ability Scores:
Strength:
Constitution:
Dexterity:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:

Defenses:
Armor Class:
Fortitude:
Reflex:
Will:

Health Stats:
HP:
Bloodied Value:
Surge Value: 8
Surges p/day: 8

Racial Traits:

Languages:

Skills: (bold if trained)
Acrobatics
Arcana
Athletics
Bluff
Diplomacy
Dungeoneering
Endurance
Heal
History
Insight
Intimidate
Nature
Perception
Religion
Stealth
Streetwise
Thievery

Feats:
name of feat: details of bonus

Combat:
Melee Basic Attack:
Melee Basic Damage:
Ranged Basic Attack:
Ranged Basic Damage:

At-Will Powers:
name of power, attack bonus, vs defense, range, damage, effect, notes

Encounter Powers:

Daily Powers:

Equipment:

Encumbrance:
current / maximum

Money:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some Character Generation Notes for you:

Race: Please refer to the racial info in the post below as you choose your race

Class: No essentials builds, otherwise the field is wide open.

Alignment: no evil PCs allowed

Ability Scores: Use point buy, it's more balanced; start with 22 points as per page 17 of the PHB

Health Stats: Use max health at first level, as per rules-as-written

Powers: Nothing from Dungeon or Dragon mags without permission

Equipment: Do not purchase any magical items for your PC; you do not have any available to you at this time. Instead, provide me with a list of 3 magic items that are below level 5 that your PC would like to have access to.

Encumbrance: Be reasonable - I don't track this painstakingly, but no-one gets to carry around a catapult.

Money: Start with 100 gp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Race information for the homebrew world

Common Races (in order of abundance):
1) Humans - Found almost everywhere
2) Elf and Eladrin - There is unrest regarding which came first, and much animosity between these two races.
3) Shifters - The political/emotional/biological separation between longtooth and razorclaw shifters is non-existent in my homebrew world - both types of shifter sub-race comingle, get along famously, and consider themselves of one race.

Uncommon Races (in order of abundance):
4. Dwarf - and old race. A once forgotten war between Dwarves and Tiefling has re-ignited and an ancient hatred of these two races toward each other has flared up.
5. Tiefling - Tieflings have a bad reputation as pirates and brigands.
6. Dragonborn - A proud race and are often revered as wise and honorable by almost every other race.
7. Halfling - Generally thought to be created by the crossbreeding of dwarves and humans. It is only recently that they have been considered their own race.

Rare Races (in order of abundance):
8. Gnome - They struggle with the stigma of being forced into slavery by the Demon Lord Curras in the last bane war because many people believe they wanted to serve him, and so the gnomes, as a race, are actively shunned.

Rumored to Exist:
9. Drow - Rumors say that Drow have a vast population in the depths of the earth.
10. Goliath - Rumors point to a huge Goliath population in the north; conversely, it is sometimes said to exist in the astral plane.
11. Wilden - No-one can even remembers when the last time anyone claimed to see one.
12. The Monster Races - Monsters are not uncommon in the world, but monsters intelligent and civilized enough to join in the activities of the civilized are very rare.

Unheard-of:
Being unheard-of doesn’t mean these races don’t exist, just that they are the least common and 99% of the population has never seen or even heard of them (except in rumors and stories). They include the Shardmind, Warforged, Changeling, Deva, Kalashtar, Genasi, Githyanki, and Githzerai.

If you wish to play one of the Rumored or unheard of races, please talk to me first. (I won't automatically say no, but we will need to discuss some stuff)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is Pantheon info for the world.

The name of this world is RUBORYN (roo-bore-eye-nn), just so you know.

Major Deities

Nedenoe (Ned-E-no-E)
nickname:Bringer of light and creator of the world
Alignment: good
Symbol: A cross with an upside-down triangle in the intersection and rays of light enhancing it from behind.
Domains: creation, earth, hope, life
Notes: When Nedenoe discovered her powers of creation, she invited all of the primordial ones to witness the act. She loves her creation (Ruboryn), which she named after her chosen Winged-One (see below), who was struck down by Dalboor and Sefft in an unbalanced battle. Nedenoe is worshipped by those who wish to pay homage and thank her for her creation (giving them life); she is also thought of as the goddess of the harvest and of fertility (the one that brings life to the world).

Dalboor (Doll-boo-er)
nikname:Brother of Nedenoe and keeper of the dark
Alignment: evil
Symbol: A lightening bolt
Domains: darkness, death, destruction, tyranny, war
Notes: Legend has it that Dalboor, who was present at the creation event, became jealous of his sister’s success. He vowed to make Nedenoe know darkness, and he brings it to her in the form of scourge upon her beloved creation. Sefft, though a god in his own right, acts as Dalboor’s second in command. Dalboor is worshipped by those that find power in envy, jealousy, loathing, and hatred; he is the god of murder, pestilence, and sacrifice of life-force. He is said to help those in need of power by instructing them in the ways of rearing the undead and is especially revered by those seeking legions of undead followers to wreak havoc on the world.

Cuneflir (Que-na-fleer)
nicjname:Partner of Nedenoe and Forge of Knowledge
Symbol: A circle split into two halves, the bottom has a tree bearing fruit, the top half is split into two parts, with the left having strange lines (almost in a K or starburst shape) and the right having a book
Domains: knowledge, arcane, moon, wilderness
Notes:Cuneflir is the master of knowledge and finds peace in knowing all things. He is revered by those who delight in knowledge for knowledge’s sake; especially in history, including mystical arcana, religious history, as well as natural history and ecology.

Serryn (Sair-in)
nickname: Twin brother of Sefft and lord of fire and technology
Alignment: unaligned
Symbol: A diamond with the top half dark and the bottom half light
Domains: change, skill, strength, knowledge
Notes:Serryn believes that all things must have a counterpoint or the universe will be vastly unbalanced and will collapse upon itself. He is the maker of technology and is worshipped by craftsmen, including blacksmiths, carpenters, fletchers, and metalworkers. Legend has it that he was created in the god’s forge by Nedenoe herself.

Sefft
nickname:Twin brother of Serryn and known as lord executioner, second in command of the underkeep
Alignment: chaotic evil
Symbol: A drop of blood
Domains: destruction, fate, madness, strife, torment
nickname:Sefft is a lover of disorganization and excess. He thrives where temptation leads one to commit acts of desperation and extremity. He takes joy in forcing mere mortals into morality plays in which they have no choice but to commit acts they themselves would find unspeakable. Sefft is worshipped by the minions of the dark and ignorant creatures of the world, especially those that employ methods such as kidnapping, slaving, ambushing, and nasty trickery.

Janter
nickname:Brother of Cuneflir and keeper of laws and faith
Alignment: lawful good
Symbol: A hammer and a square (represents a township and its laws)
Domains: civilization, freedom, justice, protection
Notes: Janter was also present at the creation event and saw the jealousy spawned in Dalboor. In an effort to protect the inhabitants of Nedenoe’s new creation, Janter immediately created laws and morality. He is said to be a powerful combatant, to have no patience for disobedience, and to punish those that do not adhere (in their heart of hearts) to the laws that he set to protect them. He is revered by all manner of law enforcement, uncorrupt royalty, and many common, law-abiding folk.

Minor Deities

Pynder:
Lord of Battle
Symbol: crossed polearms
Domains: war, justice, sun, winter
He is worshipped by mercenaries, law enforcement officials, weapon-smiths, and hunters.

Hyrker
Lord of Alchemy and Profit, patron goddess of the Tiefling
Symbol: A coin with a box, a barrel, and a mug
Domains: civilization, poison, luck, trickery
She is worshipped by potion-makers, inventors, and assassins, as well as shopkeepers, tavern masters, merchants, and traveling caravaneers.

Eord (pronounced yerd)
Lord of the Forest, patron goddess of the Elves and Eladrin
Symbol: A sheep in silhouette
Domains: wilderness, earth, freedom, fate
She is worshipped by trackers, traders, hunters, nature lovers, many farmers that hold livestock, and animal trainers.

Fallow
Lord of the Mountains, patron god of the Dwarves
Symbol: An anvil with flames behind it
Domains: skill, winter, strength, war
He is worshipped by miners, tinkers, armour-smiths, blacksmiths, engineers, builders, as well as jewelers, jewelry-makers, and traders.

Straben
Lord of the Waterbourne
Symbol: three wavy lines with a smaller circle behind it
Domains: sea, storm, luck, moon
He is worshipped by fishermen, maritime mercenaries, pirates, dock-workers, ship-builders, navigators, astronomers, and lighthouse keepers.

Goras
Lord of the Rain
Symbol: A sickle and a cloud
Domains: storm, civilization, freedom, winter
He is worshipped by farmers, nomads, herders, hunters, traveling caravaneers, traders, and tavern masters.

Timon
Lord of Tricksters
Symbol: Two coins overlapping on a shield
Domains: trickery, luck, skill, knowledge
She is embraced by thieves’ guilds, corrupt politicians and royalty, some traveling caravaneers, and whimsical jesters.

Other Deified Entities

Winged-Ones
The winged-ones are not major deities themselves, but the hand-picked servants of the major deities. They are said to have been created at the birth of the universe itself, and were sent by Time to assist the deities. Individual winged-ones swear fealty to the single deity that chooses them and they bond to that deity. Ruboryn is said to be named after the winged-one who was bonded to Nedenoe. Dalboor attacked Nedenoe and Ruboryn was killed by Sefft as he tried to assist his deity. It is common belief that Dalboor and Sefft planned the attack so that Ruboryn would be killed, knowing that Nedenoe would not choose another Winged-One and would mourn the loss of her protector forevermore.
Domains: protection, love, fate

Aoliatth
The first Dragon in the world, Aoliatth, was created by Timon in a moment of inspiration. Pureblood Dragonborn believe themselves to be the direct descendants of the Dragon Queen. They often see Aoliatth as a god and worship her alongside the other deities.
Domains: protection, justice, freedom

Domain List by Deity
Nedenoe: creation, earth, hope, life
Dalboor: darkness, death, destruction, tyranny, war
Cuneflir: knowledge, arcane, moon, wilderness
Serryn: change, skill, strength, knowledge
Sefft: destruction, fate, madness, strife, torment
Janter: civilization, freedom, justice, protection
Pynder: war, justice, sun, winter
Hyrker: civilization, poison, luck, trickery
Eord: wilderness, earth, freedom, fate
Fallow: skill, winter, strength, war
Straben: sea, storm, luck, moon
Goras: storm, civilization, freedom, winter
Timon: trickery, luck, skill, knowledge
Winged-Ones: protection, love, fate
Aoliatth: protection, justice, freedom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to pay as little attention to the world information you posted as possible until I need to refer to it, since my character isn't from there.

Question, which I see Matt posted in the original thread, and I also had: How will the group work. Do we know each other? Are we hired? Meeting for the first time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Friedman
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are no objections, I would really like to play a Fighter (Defender).

That means...

Striker - Andrew
Controller - Matt
Defender - Myself

Eddie talked about being a Rogue/Sorcerer, so he could be second striker (if Nate wants to be leader). Though he also mentioned playing a leader, which would let Nate be pretty much any role he desired (since we'd have the other four covered).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:
Question, which I see Matt posted in the original thread, and I also had: How will the group work. Do we know each other? Are we hired? Meeting for the first time?

I will actually leave that up to the group to decide. If you would like to know each other, then that is great - give me about 2-3 sentences about your relationship to each other.

If not, then we can figure it out once we get all the PCs generated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As for my character, I would prefer to not have much of a background with other characters, as he's brand new to this particular plane, but if that could pose a problem, I'm ok with whatever, too. I'm just excited to play!

Also, I thought Matt said something about ranged Striker? Or did I miss something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:
As for my character, I would prefer to not have much of a background with other characters, as he's brand new to this particular plane, but if that could pose a problem, I'm ok with whatever, too. I'm just excited to play!
Always have to be the loner, eh? ;)

MasterGeek wrote:
Also, I thought Matt said something about ranged Striker? Or did I miss something?

He said:
Downeymb wrote:
Sounds like we could use a ranged Striker. How do you feel about doing that, 8-Bit Nate?

Depending on what's left at the end, this wouldn't be so bad! I had been thinking, if I'm a striker, I wouldn't mind an archer (of course, I also thought, "Hey, we dont' have a thief. Perhaps one of those would be useful").

LordDillon wrote:
Encumbrance: Be reasonable - I don't track this painstakingly, but no-one gets to carry around a catapult.

Fine, fine. I'll settle for a trebuchet, instead. Just go and suck all the fun out of things, why don't ya!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I missed him asking you to be a striker, Nate. Heh, whoops!

Actually, my usual character is the Bardy/chatty storyteller.
My character this time isn't going to be Dusk, that's for sure. He's much more grounded and centered. He's just new to the plane.
Oh, and mute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Friedman
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:
He's much more grounded and centered.
Well, I certainly he hope he's grounded, otherwise that will be a rather shocking introduction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stix_Remix wrote:
MasterGeek wrote:
He's much more grounded and centered.
Well, I certainly he hope he's grounded, otherwise that will be a rather shocking introduction.

Oh this is gonna be a fun campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll go with a shaman. Haven't played one before, seems like fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Guess that means I'll be playing the second striker. I'll go look at the strikers in a bit. From what I remember, there's the ranger, rogue, warlock, and sorcerer. Should be fun!

And, I'm thinkin' perhaps a gnome...Haven't played one of those before! (And it the stigmata could make for a few fun social encounters.....) We shall see!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Friedman
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any information about the world we should know about as far as making character backgrounds, etc. Like cities, regional geography, demographics, etc. Or should we just consult via geekmail on anything we'd like to know?

Also, my character could probably know one or two of you beforehand, depending on others' characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stix_Remix wrote:
Is there any information about the world we should know about as far as making character backgrounds, etc. Like cities, regional geography, demographics, etc. Or should we just consult via geekmail on anything we'd like to know?

I've been thinking about this. Let me get a little setup together and I will get you guys a map. If you want to ask me about any towns or areas with specific populations or something, feel free to ask in list and I will answer so that everyone can see.

I am trying to refrain from sending you my 15 page player guide to my campaign. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Friedman
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lorddillon wrote:
I've been thinking about this. Let me get a little setup together and I will get you guys a map. If you want to ask me about any towns or areas with specific populations or something, feel free to ask in list and I will answer so that everyone can see.

I am trying to refrain from sending you my 15 page player guide to my campaign. devil
Unless you think it will ruin aspects of the game, I don't mind any option reading material. But I understand if you want to keep the info light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stix_Remix wrote:
lorddillon wrote:

Unless you think it will ruin aspects of the game, I don't mind any option reading material. But I understand if you want to keep the info light.

Oh, I can link it - I just didn't want to inundate you with so much information - it really is optional. I'll still write something up and then in that post I will link a pdf of the campaign guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
shaman created and Geekmailed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Name: Golden
Race: Warforged
Class: Monk
Alignment: Good
Initiative: 3
Passive Perception: 17
Speed: 6

Ability Scores:
Strength: 16
Constitution: 10
Dexterity: 17
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 10

Defenses:
Armor Class: 15
Fortitude: 15
Reflex: 15
Will: 14

Health Stats:
HP: 22
Bloodied Value:
Surge Value: 5
Surges p/day: 7

Racial Traits:
Living Construct: No need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep
Warforged Resolve: Use Warforged Resolve encounter power
Warforged Mind: +1 Will
Warforged Resilience: +2 racial bonus to saving throws vs. ongoing damage
Unsleeping Watcher: 4 hours of inactivity counts as an extended rest

Languages:
Common

Acrobatics 8
Arcana 2
Athletics 3
Bluff 0
Diplomacy 0
Dungeoneering 2
Endurance 2
Heal 7
History 0
Insight 7
Intimidate 2
Nature 2
Perception 7
Religion 0
Stealth 3
Streetwise 0
Thievery 3

Feats:
name of feat: details of bonus
Improved Monk Unarmed Strike: Damage die of unarmed improves to 1d10

Combat:
Melee Basic Attack: 6 vs. AC
Melee Basic Damage: 1d10+3
Ranged Basic Attack: 3 vs. AC
Ranged Basic Damage: 1d4+3

At-Will Powers:
Centered Flurry of Blows,, auto, n/a, Melee 1, 2, Target takes damage equal to and slides 1 square to a square adjacent to me or 1 square in any direction if it wasn't theh target of the triggering attack, only once per round

Five Storms, +6, Reflex, Close Burst 1, Each enemy I see in burst, 1d8+3, I shift 2 squares

Crane's Wings, +6, Fort, Melee Touch, One Creature, 1d10+3 and target pushed 1, I make an Athletics check to jump with a +5 power bonus and considered to have a running start, distance jumped not limited by speed.

Encounter Powers:

Warforged Resolve, gain 3 + 1/2 level temp. hit points and can make a saving throw vs. one effect that deals ongoing damage. If bloodied, gain 3 + 1/2 level hit points.

Open the Gate of Battle, +6, Reflex, Melee Touch, One Creature, 2d10+3 and an extra 1d10 if it was at full HP when I hit with the attack, Move my speed +2 which does not provoke opportunity attacks from the first enemy I pass by.

Daily Powers:

Whirling Mantis Step, +6, Fort, 2d10+3 damage and slowed until save and half damage on miss with the target slowed until the end of my next turn, shift my speed, if I enter a square adjacent to an enemy during the shift, slide the enemy one square. Can only slide each enemy once during the shift, after the shift make the previous attack.

Equipment:
Backpack
Everburning Torch
Flute

Encumbrance:
current / maximum
4/160

Money:
43 GP

Edited to change Golden's alignment to Good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I have decided to link the player's guide here. Please download it and browse. You do not have to read through the whole thing or memorize any part of it. But there are 3 things I want specifically want you to look at:

1) The houserules section - these are all in force in this game
2) The Maps, specifically of Chuviel, the continent on which you will be starting. Your first adventure will be in or near the town of Donir, on the right side of the continent.
3) Part I: the current situation - it's about 1 page and it will give you a good idea of what is going on in the world. If you are interested in more history, keep reading the document, there is a fuller timeline a few pages later.

Here is a link: Ruboryn Player's Guide

I will give you more specific details when all PCs are generated and we know what sort of group we are going to have. Please feel free to discuss your PC's histories openly on the thread if you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and two other notes:

1) Don't forget to geekmail me your 3 item wishlist...

2) Don't worry about reproducing your powers in their entirety on your character sheet here - I can always look up what a power does if I need to know the exact rules - I am more interested in the name of it and what your attack bonus and damage are if you use them as an attack, so you can just put those on the sheet. I don't want anyone getting carpal tunnel syndrome from typing out all that crap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Eddie's Character:

Name: Minah
Race: Human
Class: Shaman
Alignment: Good
Initiative: 0
Passive Perception: 19
Speed: 6

Ability Scores:
Strength: 10
Constitution: 16
Dexterity: 10
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 18
Charisma: 10

Defenses:
Armor Class:13
Fortitude: 15
Reflex: 12
Will: 16

Health Stats:
HP:28
Bloodied Value: 14
Surge Value: 7
Surges p/day: 10

Racial Traits: (just start up bonus feat, skill, save bonuses)

Languages: common, elven

Acrobatics
Arcana
Athletics
Bluff
Diplomacy
Dungeoneering
Endurance
Heal
History
Insight
Intimidate
Nature
Perception
Religion
Stealth
Streetwise
Thievery

Feats:
melee training

shared healing spirit

Combat:
Melee Basic Attack: +6 (+4 Wis bonus, +2 proficiency)
Melee Basic Damage: 1d10+4 (longspear + Wis bonus)
Ranged Basic Attack: +0
Ranged Basic Damage: 1d10 (longbow)

At-Will Powers:

Protecting Strike, +4, vs Will, melee: spirit 1, 1d8+4, each ally adjacent to spirit companion gets 3 temp hit points

Haunting Spirits, +4, vs Will, 5, 1d6+4 psychic

Wrath of Winter, +4, vs Fortitude, 5, 1d10+4 cold

Spirit Shield, +4, vs Reflex, melee spirit 1, 4, healing details

Call Companion

Encounter Powers:

Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Thunder Bear's Warding, +4, vs Fortitude, 5, 1d6+4 thunder, (tons of text)

Daily Powers:
Spirit of Healing Flood, +4, vs Fortitude, close burst 5, 1d8+4, (lots)

Equipment:
leather armor, longspear, totem (leaf in amber), club, adventurer kit (sunrods swapped for 2 torches), 5 cnadles, longbow, 30 arrows

Encumbrance: 67 lb/100 lb (without minuses)

Money: 10 gp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
My char, Minah,

will happily be from a nearby town wherever it makes sense, map wise. I figure he grew up in a small village, and eventually most of it was wiped out from (goblins/undead/demons?), and not knowing what else to do, he kept on living there by himself.

Eventually, local critters moved in and started sharing what was left of the village with him. As he grew older, with no one to speak to (just a few books and whatnot left over) he began to hear the spirits of the land. At first he thought he was crazy, but over time he realized he could commune with the spirits of the land themselves, and he found his companion spirit, a racoon.

Occasionally going into Donir (a few days away on foot) to trade and catch up on local news, Minah will be familiar with some of the locals, and attuned to anything nearby that may be going on.

He stands ready to defend the spirits of Ruboryn against all who would do evil against the natural order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.