Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cjbowser wrote:
Nope. You're right. It's just the first time. I was thinking a little too dark.

There's such a thing? muhahahahahaha devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
almost done asking questions:
You said that I can cast 2 level 1 spells between rest but I know a level 2 spell. At this time can I not actually cast any level 2 spells?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen G
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My last life event:

1d20 = (8) = 8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 89287. BrokenTomato
  • 1d20 =
  • (8) =
  • Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:23 pm
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
amosmj wrote:
almost done asking questions:
You said that I can cast 2 level 1 spells between rest but I know a level 2 spell. At this time can I not actually cast any level 2 spells?

Correct. That's setting you up for when you level up. That way you don't have to stop and research a new spell immediately. You're armed for the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
BrokenTomato wrote:
My last life event:

BrokenTomato previously rolled 1d20 = (8) = 8

"I lost my freedom and became a Gladiator". +1 to hit from combat training.

Really, there are 20 different life events. It just seems like everybody was a gladiator...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gen Con is over. :(
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
cjbowser wrote:
Really, there are 20 different life events. It just seems like everybody was a gladiator...

Except for the Barbarian who won a battle of wits...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen G
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I have forgot something or calculated wrong just let me know.

Name: Jargon Grimwood
Class: Thief

Hit points: 7
Health points: 12
Sanity points: 3
XP: 0

STR: 13 (+1 to hit w/melee and +1 to DMG)
DEx: 14 (+1 to hit w/ranged and +1 to AC)
CON: 12
INT: 9 (+10% to understand any language)
WIS: 3
INT: 9 (+10% to charm people)

AC: 15 (Leather = +2, Dex +1, Thief +2)

Saving throw: 14
+3 to climbing, legerdermain, opening locks, perception, stealth and setting/disarming traps.

Life events:
Can confidently sail boats (Yay, hope there are some rivers in here)
Ability to recognize magic
+1 to hit (Rough childhood)

Items:
1x Leather armor
2x Daggers (1d4+1 DMG)
5x Dart
1x Backpack
1x Lockpick
1x Long hood
1x Silk rope

Background info:
Since Jargon was born he has felt the need to take stuff. This has caused him a lot of misery through his years. He has been banished from towns, hated by people and taken a beating. Jargon himself doesn't understand why he feels the urge to steal things, but because of this rough environment to grow up in he has become quite a steady man.

In his early twenties he was forced to be part of a crew on a boat. After they took sail he started out at the absolute lowest. He had problems with stealing which lead him to be hated by most of the other crew causing him to feel socially awkward. Although unsure, his lack of sanity is probably due to many experiences like this.

He cannot handle emotions very well and lacks general experience about the world. Jargon is very nice to people he knows and is generally a positive person to be around, but people should be aware that he is a really skilled thief and can also pick locks very quick. He is very agile and can move around in ways you never could imagine. He is mostly seen with his huge hood which falls down over his body like a cape.

Now he is looking for a great adventure and finds himself outside of this mountain with some other people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Your character looks good, Jørgen.
I'd add two things
His total AC will be 15.
Just a note that he gets +2 to combat when fighting with both daggers.

Then, feel free to move him over to the character sheet thread and give him a back story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen G
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What does +2 to combat mean? (Hit, dmg or both?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think he means the to Hit roll, not damage. On the other page he called it +2 to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
amosmj wrote:
I think he means the to Hit roll, not damage. On the other page he called it +2 to attack.

Mike's correct. It's +2 to his to hit roll. Sorry about the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I was reading the magic user section of the manual and it looks like I have to "prepare" a spell. I read that as, I have to say at the beginning of the day which two spells I have prepared for the day. So, if I prepare Magic Missle and Soul Blast for the day, then Jorgen gets hurt and needs me to cast heal wounds, I can't until we rest and I prepare that spell and another for the next day. Then I cast that on Jorgen and have my other prepped spell for the day.
Does that match your understanding Chad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I've never agreed with that rule, and Crypts and Things is a little more lenient.

Crypts & Things wrote:
A magician may change the spells that he/she has prepared with two uninterrupted hours of study.

However, I'm going to do it one better with a house rule. You can take two hours of study OR you can make a saving throw to instantly force the one spell from your mind and pull in the other. If you fail the saving throw, you can still wait the two hours.

This isn't a one time choice. You can make it however often you need to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
sweet, thanks. I'll try to remember to announce what is prepared but you may have to remind me on occasion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Now that we've got characters, it's time to start the journey. I've posted the next entry:

http://rpggeek.com/article/8237694#8237694

Since we're just starting out, I think there will be a period of adjustment where we find out each other's posting speeds. That's perfectly fine. Post when you can.

I prefer to set a scene and then have everybody post your intentions before moving on.

If you haven't posted in 48 hours I might move on.

If you post a question or a roll, I'll get back to with the answer or result as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that I'm a PBF noob; I've read the FAQ, but I'll take any feedback along the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
There's no right way or wrong way to do it. As long as you have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cjbowser wrote:
There's no right way or wrong way to do it. As long as you have fun.

UR DoING iT ROng

I've apparently had too much caffiene today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've seen others do this and I'm going to adopt it as a practice as well. I'm going to start thumbing posts in the game thread once I've read past them, especially if I have nothing to add. It will indicate that I've at least seen the content. If we adopt it as a procedure it may make it more clear when a person is outside their posting time versus just doesn't have much to say at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
amosmj wrote:
I've seen others do this and I'm going to adopt it as a practice as well. I'm going to start thumbing posts in the game thread once I've read past them, especially if I have nothing to add. It will indicate that I've at least seen the content. If we adopt it as a procedure it may make it more clear when a person is outside their posting time versus just doesn't have much to say at the moment.

I like this idea. Its been a crazy day for me IRL so I might not be able to actually add anything yet to the official thread yet. I'm just trying to catch up on everything including Geek stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen G
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
amosmj wrote:

Seems like a good idea. I'm just afraid I might forget. Hehe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Purely informational: I'm going to be out and about until later afternoon. If the GM wants and observation checks for Dr. Jones looking around feel free to roll them on my behalf in thread. Dr. Jones will stick to his MO of trying to stay within the party as they proceed.

In the event of a fight he'll try to stay ranged with his sling. If anyone gets to 0 HP he'll use one of his cure light wounds on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI - I'll be away this evening (monthly board game meet up) so I assume you'll just have me Kalen join in any combat (y'know, protect the herd and all) but keep me out of the decision making or other weird events ... e.g. no sending Kalen to go test that rather odd looking patch of floor. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies folks. I ended up off the Geek for the last 24 hours or so due to a (frankly ridiculous) RL situation...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen G
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No worries. Things happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide