Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Dr. Jones and Feradach both dust themselves off and ready their weapons. The wizard howls in pain as Kalen drives the sword home again before lashing out again. 1d20 = (5) = 5 but,the wizards missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 124290. cjbowser
  • 1d20 =
  • (5) =
  • Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:03 am
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jones considers throwing his blade but is worried about who might get hurt so he leaps in to fight the mage close up.
attack with a dagger 1d20 = (4) = 4
dagger damage 1d4 = (3) = 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 124392. amosmj
  • 1d20 =
  • (4) =
  • attack with a dagger
  • Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:30 am
  • [+]
  • 124393. amosmj
  • 1d4 =
  • (3) =
  • dagger damage
  • Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:30 am
Gen Con is over. :(
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown to Nizar-Thun, Feradach studied the spear and clay vial style of fighting years ago.

He feints with the vial and drives his spear toward his foe!

Poke: 1d20+2 = (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 = (6) = 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 124434. brumcg
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (13) + 2 =
  • Poke:
  • Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:06 pm
  • [+]
  • 124435. brumcg
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • Damage:
  • Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:07 pm
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Jones leaps at the wizard, throwing him off balance just enough that Feradach manages to nick him with the age-old barbarian fighting style of spear and clay pot.

The wizard screams, but continues mumbling.

Suddenly, the floor explodes in two spots, sending dirt and stone flying. Two skeletons claw their way up from under the floor and charge.

The skeletons will get to attack after your next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalen continues to take his sword to Nizar-Thun, figuring the skeletons are just a distraction that will prolong the battle if the wizard isn't slain ... if he can be slain.

bastard sword of doom (2-handed) 1d20+5 = (9) + 5 = 14
wizard pain 1d10+2 = (1) + 2 = 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 124653. eracer68
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (9) + 5 =
  • bastard sword of doom (2-handed)
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:43 am
  • [+]
  • 124654. eracer68
  • 1d10+2 =
  • (1) + 2 =
  • wizard pain
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:44 am
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feradach fakes with the spear and hits Nizar-Thun with the clay pot... NO! That was another feint! The spear comes from nowhere and strikes at the ghoul...

Spear, Pot, SPEAR: 1d20+2 = (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 = (3) = 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 124724. brumcg
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (13) + 2 =
  • Spear, Pot, SPEAR:
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:56 pm
  • [+]
  • 124725. brumcg
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • Damage:
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:56 pm
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Kalen swings his sword, but the wizard grabs it by the blade to stop the swing. As Kalen tries to push through, the wizards smiles a mouth full of rotten teeth at him and pushes Kalen back.

Feradach takes advantage of the situation to jab the wizard in the side with his clay pot spear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jones lets out a pathetic squeak and dives for the mage again

stab-stab 1d20 = (4) = 4
kill-kill 1d4 = (2) = 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 124810. amosmj
  • 1d20 =
  • (4) =
  • stab-stab
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:05 pm
  • [+]
  • 124811. amosmj
  • 1d4 =
  • (2) =
  • kill-kill
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:06 pm
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Dr. Jones' strike misses as he's accidentally muscled out of the way by Feradach's and Kalen's jockeying for position.

The wizard turns and launches a bolt of black energy at Kalen, dealing 1d8 = (2) = 2 damage and leaving a smouldering hole in Kalen's tunic.

One skeleton closes on Feradach, 1d20 = (17) = 17 while the other lunches at Dr. Jones, 1d20 = (2) = 2. Dr. Jones dodges to the side, but Feradach takes the skeleton's blade on the arm for 1d6 = (2) = 2 damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 124833. cjbowser
  • 1d8 =
  • (2) =
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:47 pm
  • [+]
  • 124834. cjbowser
  • 1d20 =
  • (17) =
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:47 pm
  • [+]
  • 124835. cjbowser
  • 1d20 =
  • (2) =
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:48 pm
  • [+]
  • 124836. cjbowser
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:51 pm
  • [+]
  • 124837. cjbowser
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:51 pm
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feradach winces in pain, his spear-arm is heavy. Forgetting about the clay pot for a moment, he leaps in the air and attempts a downward blow into Nizar-Thun.

Desperate attack: 1d20+1 = (15) + 1 = 16
Desperate damage: 1d6+1 = (6) + 1 = 7

[Edit... I kept damage the same; maybe that should be -1 too.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 124851. brumcg
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (15) + 1 =
  • Desperate attack:
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:54 pm
  • [+]
  • 124852. brumcg
  • 1d6+1 =
  • (6) + 1 =
  • Desperate damage:
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:54 pm
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Feradach unleashes a might downward blow on the wizard, separating the man's head from his body. As Feradach's spear finishes its cut through the man's neck, the wizard's body explodes, throwing Feradach, Kalen, and Dr. Jones against the wall for 1d4 = (4) = 4 damage and shattering the two skeletons to bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 124857. cjbowser
  • 1d4 =
  • (4) =
  • Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:05 pm
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalen slumps against the wall, trying to decide which pain he is feeling hurts the most. The years in the arena have taught him that his injuries are now of grave concern and he could use a healer. He coughs and then slowly gets to his feet.

"Well, he may have had immortality but he clearly wasn't immortal. Are you sure you want to try that flask now?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feradach pulls himself up, wobbles a bit, then steadies himself using his spear as a staff. His ears are ringing, and he stares intently at Kalen whose voice is muffled.

"The pots!"

He frantically starts to look for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Feradach first finds the shattered remnants of the bottle he was holding, the thick, viscous liquid seeping into the ground between the flagstones. Then, he finds the wooden box. He turns it over carefully and the other bottle is still inside. It looks undamaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feradach stumbles around the room and checks to make sure Jones is still alive. He also looks for any loot that may have blown up with Nizar-Thun along the way; hey, a barbarian has to pay the bills.

"We need to get out of here."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Jones and Kalen are both alive and coming to their senses. Buried in the folds of the shredded robe, you find two gold rings and a gold necklace with a carved demon's head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jones recovers from the grand end of their foe. He seems to take the news of the broken vial well but a keen observer might notice a vein starting to throb in his temple.

"Why is it tbat we need to get out of here now? It seems we should have gottenout of her before fighting an exploding necromancer. Now seems perfectly safe.

We will need to find somewhere safe so we may recover."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalen continues to cough, his throat irritated by the dust in the air. He nods in agreement to Jones' suggestion of convalescence as he wanders over to Feradach to get a better look at the spoils.

"That's a charming fellow," he says pointing at the demon adorning the necklace. "Anybody care to try that or these rings Feradach found on?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Safe? Is that really something you can promise?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
"I can promise we're as safe as we have been this entire time. So not at all. But we take our chances resting and finish our search and get out of her...or we stumle into our next surprise weakened and desparate."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feradach lets Jones talk him into staying and takes the first watch. When Kalen and Jones awake, however, the red barbarian is gone. Evidently he could not stand one more night in the Halls.

In between his former comrades is most of the jewels, gold leaf, and coins; Feradach took about a sixth of the loot. Anything else that had been found - the vial, rings, and other items - are there as well.

If anyone looks for him, they'll hear a tale of a red barbarian that staggered into Khalizar City and lived like a king for a fortnight.

Feradach would go on to have many adventures, but none so epic as The Halls of Nizar-Thun. He ended up going to Mul's Mountain earlier than some would have predicted, but later than most would have. He died angry... which is to say he died happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalen sits up slowly, yawns, and scratches earnestly. He frowns at the silence and begins to look around.

"Dammit, Jones, Feradach is gone." he says to the gently snoring wizard. Kalen scrambles over to the loot spread between him and Jones.

"Odd. Most of it is still here." Kalen shrugs and begins to make two small piles of roughly the same size. "Turns out Feradach a stand-up guy after all." "I'll take this half," leaving the other potion to Jones.

Standing, Kalen shrugs into his pack and then slings his shield over his shoulder.

"Well Jones, I've had enough of this damn tomb. But I've got some new tales and a new scar or two to accompany them." He then raises his pouch and gives it a shake, causing the jewels inside to tinkle. "Those and this treasure should keep me in warm, soft company for a while. I'll take my leave of you now."

He nods at Jones and begins to wander off. "Yer a strange one." he laughs. "I suppose all wizards are. Well, look me up if you've got a lead on anything else. I shouldn't be hard to find. Just ask around. I'm sure there will be an angry father or two to point you my way."

Kalen laughs again as he turns and makes his way out of the dank, crumbling labyrinth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
As Kalen exits the once mighty Halls of Nizar-Thun, Feradach several miles down the road already, he hears laughter echo from the tomb's dark recesses. The laughter's familiar while having a tint of the unhinged.

The laughter even reaches Feradach, sending shivers down his spine and causing him to quicken his pace slightly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  16 , 17 , 18 , 19 , 20  |