Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Post your completed character here, all the info in one post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gen Con is over. :(
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
[Let me know if you'd like it in another format]

Feradach the Red

STR: 15
DEX: 12
CON: 15
INT: 9
WIS: 7
CHA: 11

Hit Points: 7
Current Hit Points: 0

Health Points: 10
Current Health Points: 15
Sanity Points: 7
Current Sanity Points: 6

Saving Throw 13

Combat:
AC: 14 (10 + 3 (Ring Mail) + 1 (Survival instinct))

Spear (melee): +2 to hit, 1d6+1 damage (1d6+2 used 2-handed)
Dagger (melee): +1 to hit, 1d4+1 damage

Sling (ranged): +1 to hit, 1d4 dmage (40ft range)

If you win initiative, +2 attack, double damage for first attack in that combat.

Skills:
"I was a slave making the old Tyrant’s Tomb". +3 to any Crafting skill roll.
Gets +3 to climbing walls, perception, stealth, and tracking

Your int gives you a 10% chance to understand any language
Your charisma gives you a 40% chance to charm people.

Special:
"I survived a battle of wits with the Mentalist of the underground cities". + 1 save vs Mind Control magics.
Can sense danger
Fear magic causes a berserker rage

Equipment:
Bedroll, Flask (leather), Flint & Steel, Grappling Hook, Rations, Rope, hemp (50ft), sack (large), torch

Your str gives you +1 to hit w/melee weapons and +1 to damage (added above)
You con gives you +1 hit point (added above)
+1 to AC due to your survival instincts (added above)
"I was captured and forced to play in the Ball Games". +1 to hit with Spears and Slings. (added above)

Description and Back Story:

Feradach leaves quite the first impression. He's shorter than most men, true, but his shoulders are as broad as any. His arms are large and almost comically long; it seems as if he could run on all fours easier than he could on two. And the hair... The unkempt red hair and huge, shaggy beard obscure most of his face almost as if he was trying to hide behind it.

Unless he's dulled his wits with drink, he probably looks uncomfortable if he's within the city walls. It's too loud, too unpredictable, and too expensive. Oh, and you never know when you might get shanghaied and forced into some form of slavery. Somehow that's happened twice. That's how he's where he is today; one misadventure after another.

If you are looking for the traditional 2-handed sword of his native people, you aren't going to find it. Feradach carries a well-crafted spear which he calls "The Skewer." His style is very unorthodox, but it's effective enough.

There's one thing that he has learned though. Gold keeps you safe. Gold keeps you warm at night (in more ways than one). Gold keeps you out of slavery. You can live off the land for a long time, but it's Gold that you need when you can't.

This Potion of Immortality? It must be worth a fortune in Gold, and it's time that fortune smiles on poor old Feradach...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
| Information | Stats |
|------------------------|-------------------|
| Name: Dr. Thadius Jones| Strength: 09 |
| Age: 42 | Dexterity: 10 |
| Class: Magician | Constitution: 12 |
|------------------------| Intelligence: 14 |
| Health: 12/12 | Wisdom: 13 |
| Hit points: 2/2 | Charisma: 11 |
| Sanity points: 13/13 | Armor Class: 12 |
| Alignment: XXXX | Saving Throw: 15 |
| XP: 0 | |
| Next Level At: 2500 | |
|********************************************|
| Items |
|--------------------------------------------|
|Candle X 5 |
|Chalk |
|Flask, Leather (water) |
|Waterskin |
|Flint & Steel |
|Spellbook |
|Ink |
|Pen |
|Trail Rations X 3 |
|Backpack - (contains sacks and materials) |
|Sack (30lb capacity - currently empty) |
|Sack (15lb capacity - Sling bullets) |
|Sack (15lb capacity - Flask, fire materials)|
|Pack (15lb capacity - writing materials) |
|Arcane Dagger (1D4 damage) |
|Dagger (1D4) X 3 |
|Sling |
|Stones (1D4) X 40 |
|Leather Armor |
|HoodedLantern |
|Lantern Oil X 4 |
| Spells |
| Prepared Spells |
| Level 1 |
| Cure Light Wounds |
| Cure Light Wounds |
| Level 2 |
| Level 3 |
| Level 4 |
| Level 5 |
| Level 6 |
| Spells Known |
| Level 1 |
| Cure Light wounds (W) |
| Magic Missle (B) |
| Soul Blast (B) |
| Level 2 |
| Continual Light (W) |
| Level 3 |
| Level 4 |
| Level 5 |
| Level 6 |
| Bonuses |
|+1 Vs Demons, minimum damage of 1 |
|+1 to hit |
|+3 to crafting |

I stole Jorgens format and tried to expand it to fit my needs. If it's confusing let me know.
The "arcane dagger" is for flavor only. It's a standard dagger but with some runes drawn on it and is used primarily for ritualistic means but not because it's really special.

Back story
Thadius Tiberius Jones was born to a wealth merchant and his wife in a the luxurious outskirts of Landfall, a major trading port along the Quellan river. In his early years he wanted for nothing. He was a petulant child, always wanting what he didn’t have. It was through his insatiable greed that he was led, as a child of six, into a dark grotto by a small demon carrying something shiny and interesting. In the grotto the demon turned the boy over to his master, a much greater demon. Thadius was taken into the Darkness, a realm between The World and Hell.

No one knows what happened in The Darkness, not even Thadius. What is known is that he was returned to The World seven years later. In the interim his parents had become grief stricken at the loss of their son, their only child. When a ragged young man with haunted eyes appears at their doorstep claiming to be their son his father flew into a rage and his mother was inconsolable. They swore this could not be their son but some gutter rat who had heard of their misfortune and was attempting to capitalize on it.

In his rage Thadius’s father began to beat Thadius. It was tolerated for a few blows but then Thadius responded with a force and brutality that seemed impossible for and awkward pre-teen. Thadius slew his father, then his mother. As he stalked the house attempting to kill anyone he found, someone informed the police. The police arrived and were challenged by Thadius but their numbers and training was a match for his uncontrolled rage.

For his crime of murder Thadius was sentenced to ten years slavery. As a youth he was of little use as a slave. He was too awkward and weak to be put to much use. The slave masters eventually found that Thadius had an amazing eye for creating haunting carvings of a complexity and beauty not previously seen. They paired his with an older mason to work on the thousands of demon and gargoyles intended to ward off threats from the Old Tyrant’s Tomb.

After five years of relative peace and quiet as a slave carver known for his amazing skill and eye, the tomb was near completion and Thadius was moved to a different job, the Floating Bathes. The Floating Bathes were an amazing structure, meant to be a bathing building for the rich and powerful, it appeared to be made of solid stone but to be virtually unsupported, and to sit 15 feet off the ground with nothing but the stairs connecting it to solid ground.

Thadius was set to work creating more carvings, the beautiful cherubs and angels to watch over bathers. Unfortunately his talent seemed to be limited to sinister characters. The slave drivers began to beat him for his ugly creations. Finally, one went too far. A slave driver become obsessed with Thadius’s humiliation and attempted to rape him. Thadius flew into an uncontrollable rage, as if possessed by the very creatures he had once been known to carve. Thadius killed the slave driver and several more who came to the aid of the first.

It was decided that Thadius was too dangerous to allow back into the world. He was sentenced to a term in The Gladiator Pits. A term of The Pits consisted of training every day, fighting twice per week. If you lived for an entire year under the grueling regimen, you had earned your freedom and 1% of the money wagered against you while in The Pits. No one ever serves a term in the pits.

Thadius had never been and athlete and he must have certainly been viewed as an easy kill when he arrived. He trained poorly but beatings are not handed out to weak gladiators, it’s assumed The Contests will do this anyway. All of Thadius’s fights went the same. He would enter the ring against a larger and more athletic opponent. The opponent would begin to hit Thadius seeming to find no spot that was not a weakness. Thadius always looked like someone pretending to fight who simply didn’t know how. Finally, something would snap. Thadius’s entire demeanor would change. He would drop any weapons he carried except small knives as he launched himself at his opponent. A few bloody, violent seconds would pass and it would be over. Thadius would have returned to his awkward self but be soaked in blood and gore, not even winded. Somehow he survived a year this way.

Upon fulfilling his term Thadius was released. It was deemed that he was also banished. He was given his winnings and a change of clothing and placed on the first barge down the Quellan. He bounced around for several years, seemingly lost in the world. At the age of 25 Thadius seemed to find a purpose in life. A small university had started up in the tiny hamlet of Arkham on the coast of The Iron Ranges. The new school had only one department, The Occult.

Thadius enrolled at the new university and began to study. Thadius’s studies covered a wide range of areas but he seemed to truly excel at Demon summoning and in combative magics. He was known to summon minor demons simply to kill them with black magic. He was seen as reckless but also a master of the dark arts. He quickly rose through the ranks of students and became an instructor. He was awarded his PHd in Occultism when he was 31. At which point his disappeared.

Little is known of Thadius in the years between his time and the university and now. A few passing notes can be found of him as he travelled the world, sought out others knowledgeable in the occult. He has only recently reemerged into the public sphere, seemingly with one purpose to attain knowledge, power and occult items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb

Name: Kalen Darkmoss
Class: Fighter Level: 1 XP: 0

Attributes Attribute Bonuses
STR: 16 Bonus to Hit (STR): +2 w/ melee weapons
DEX: 15 Bonus to Damage (STR): +2 w/ melee weapons
CON: 13 Open Doors (STR): 1-2 (1d6)
INT: 6 Armor Bonus (DEX): +1
WIS: 11 Bonus to Missles (DEX): +1 to hit w/ ranged weapons
CHA: 10 Hit Point Bonus (CON): +1
Experience Point Bonus:
HP: 5
AC: 17 (+1 DEX, +1 Sheild, +1 Sheild Master, +4 Chain)

Saving Throw: 16
Gold Pieces:

Roll Needed to Hit Armor Class:
19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10
Lvl 1-2 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10

Special Abilities:
* +1 to hit (Gladiator)
* +1AC when sheild equiped (Sheild Master)
* +1 when using broad & long swords (Weapon Master)
* +2 stealth (Impoverished Theif)
* 1 extra attack per round per round when fighting enemies with 1HD or fewer (FTR)
* 40% chance to charm (CHA)

Weapons:
Bastard Sword 1d10 (+1 2-handed)
Dagger 1d4

Armor:
Chainmail +4
Sheild +1

Items/Equipment:
Backpack
Bedroll
Candle
Chalk
Flint & Steel
Rope, hemp (50 feet)
Waterskin

Description & Backstory

Kalen Darkmoss has found it best to let his looks do the talking as his wit was never quite there. His was a relatively happy childhood in the dank jungles of Whree where his parents collected herbs and made poitions to sell in the nearby city. At the age of ten his life changed dramatically when the king died and the king's brother became Reagent. He quickly became known as the Black Reagent as the people began to suffer under his cruel tyranny. On a night lit by a full moon, Kalen's father was arrested by the Regeant's Black Guard, accused of being a poacher. With no trial given and with Kalen looking on, the guard hung his father while they raped his mother. They then bound, Kalen, threw him over a horse, and rode over his mother, trampling her to death.

Luck, if you could call it that, allowed Kalen to escape that same night as the men made camp. With no where to turn and unable to face the jungle he once called home with the events of the day before, Kalen made his way to the king's city. Here he lived alone on the streets. Sleeping in whatever empty alleyway he could find. The Reagent was eventually replaced by his nephew, and Kalen found himself a member of a losely aligned gang of street urchins who made their way robbing the populance to feed themselves. He lived this way for a number of years until he was apprehended by the king's guard and given a choice ... lose a hand or pay for his crime in the arena.

Kalen elected to take his chances in the arena and proved to be a quick study in the way of the sword and sheild. Not only did he keep his hand, but he eventually won his freedom. Now he looks to make his own mark on the world and earn enough riches in the process to retire ... possibly to the jungles of his youth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen G
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Name: Jargon Grimwood
Race: Human
Class: Thief

Hit points: 7
Health points: 12
Sanity points: 3
XP: 0

STR: 13 (+1 to hit w/melee and +1 to DMG)
DEX: 14 (+1 to hit w/ranged and +1 to AC)
CON: 12
INT: 9 (+10% to understand any language)
WIS: 3
INT: 9 (+10% to charm people)

AC: 15 (Leather = +2, Dex +1, Thief +2)

Saving throw: 14
+3 to climbing, legerdermain, opening locks, perception, stealth and setting/disarming traps.

Life events:
Can confidently sail boats (Yay, hope there are some rivers in here)
Ability to recognize magic
+1 to hit (Rough childhood)

Items:
1x Leather armor
2x Daggers (1d4+1 DMG, +2 to hit if attack with 2x daggers)
5x Dart
1x Backpack
1x Lockpick
1x Long hood
1x Silk rope

Background info:
Since Jargon was born he has felt the need to take stuff. This has caused him a lot of misery through his years. He has been banished from towns, hated by people and taken a beating. Jargon himself doesn't understand why he feels the urge to steal things, but because of this rough environment to grow up in he has become quite a steady man.

In his early twenties he was forced to be part of a crew on a boat. After they took sail he started out at the absolute lowest. He had problems with stealing which lead him to be hated by most of the other crew causing him to feel socially awkward. Although unsure, his lack of sanity is probably due to many experiences like this.

He cannot handle emotions very well and lacks general experience about the world. Jargon is very nice to people he knows and is generally a positive person to be around, but people should be aware that he is a really skilled thief and can also pick locks very quick. He is very agile and can move around in ways you never could imagine. He is mostly seen with his huge hood which falls down over his body like a cape.

Now he is looking for a great adventure and finds himself outside of this mountain with some other people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm out of town in a couple hours. I'll be back late Saturday. If you guys keep going, Jones will draw a dagger and start attacking the vine that way (the rock certainly isn't hitting for him). He has one charge of healing spell left, he'll use it on whomever calls for it first or if he gets knocked down a couple more CON he'll use it on himself.
After this encounter he will want to rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
we all have a couple of draughts with us that replenish some HP. You could tip back a few (I need to read the rules to see how this works).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Draughts of ale restore HP. Cure light wounds restores lost CON. However, I made a house-rule to speed things up a bit.

If you've lost CON and receive the benefit of Cure Light Wounds, it will restore CON. If there are any healing points left over, the extra restores HP, up to max HP. This is the only time Cure Light Wounds will restore lost HP.

Ex.
Dr. Jones is as 10/12 CON and 0/2 HP and casts Cure Light Wounds for 6 points of healing. 2 of the 6 take him to 12/12 CON. He has 4 points of healing left over. 2 of the 4 take him to 2/2 HP. The remaining 2 are lost. If he'd only rolled 2 points of healing with Cure Light Wounds, he'd have raised his CON to 12/12, but there'd be no change in his hit points.

If nobody has a problem with it, I can roll for Dr. Jones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cjbowser wrote:
If nobody has a problem with it, I can roll for Dr. Jones.

I'm super easy... If we want to forge ahead, fine. If we want to wait, that's fine too.

I'll be going on vacation 3/17 for a week plus. I'll warn again (if we have haven't been TPK'd!) closer to the time. I'm fine with someone grunting, shrugging, and rolling for Feradach while I'm out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I read that section over lunch today. You are allowed one draught a day that can restore 1d4 hit points. But, you cannot do this if your constitution isn't full.

I like your modification of the rule.

I don't like the bundled character sheet. The images in the equipment, spellbook, and Life Events/Skills boxes make them difficult to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
eracer68 wrote:

I don't like the bundled character sheet. The images in the equipment, spellbook, and Life Events/Skills boxes make them difficult to use.

Having just filled out some character sheets for the con this weekend, I have to agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just informational - Saturday I leave town for work for a week. I've been posting from my smartphone exclusively. Since Saturday so the geography should be irrelevant but I wanted to say something in case my posting schedule gets weird.

Also I thought I'd take this chance to ask, how are people with the current posti.g schedule - too much, too little? I'm good with it but I thknk I'm the slowest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amosmj wrote:
Also I thought I'd take this chance to ask, how are people with the current posti.g schedule - too much, too little? I'm good with it but I thknk I'm the slowest.

I really didn't know what to expect going into things. I'm finding that I like the pace; I don't feel pressured to post, and I don't feel "guilty" if I don't check in all the time. Yet I still think progress is being made.

I'm also finding that I tend to contribute in bursts. Not sure why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with the pace. This is my first "official" PbF and Chad and the two of you have made it a joy to participate in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm fine with the pace as well. I realize I post more than anybody else, but as the GM, I think that's my job. I need to keep things moving when they slow down. Of course, you three have taken the ball and run with it so I don't have to post as often.

That being said, it is nice that it's worked out that Feradach is basically a morning poster, Dr. Jones an afternoon poster, and Kalen an evening poster. We get a nice time spread on the posts that helps keep things moving along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls