Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: free_rpg_day [+] [View All]
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came back from my FLGS and thought I start a thread meeple

Here's my treasure from Free RPG Day 2012:

And here's the most valuable treasure (It does not take much to make me happy meeple):

What was your loot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
One Squirrel to rule them all, One Squirrel to find them, One Squirrel to bring them all and in the darkness TPK them.
mbmbmbmbmb
While they still had everything I just picked up the Dungeon Crawl Classics and Warhammer Only War books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I ordered in a webshop and got to pick a Free rpg day item there as well, picked Only War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhiannon D
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
Crafts keep me sane.
badge
New recruit to the spoonie army.
mbmbmbmbmb
that dice is awesome! today was my birthday, and so I missed searching out a free RPG day compliant store in Aus in preference of what I thought would be lunch but turned out to be a surprise party: the point is, a dice that has my birthday on it would be cool. I'll have to see if my game store contacts can get one to me.
sorry if this is rambling, I'm still on a sugar high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
regency_rhi wrote:
Totally understandable meeple
Happy birthday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
regency_rhi wrote:
that dice is awesome! today was my birthday, and so I missed searching out a free RPG day compliant store in Aus in preference of what I thought would be lunch but turned out to be a surprise party: the point is, a dice that has my birthday on it would be cool. I'll have to see if my game store contacts can get one to me.

Happy birthday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I picked up A Time of War, Cosmic Patrol, and the DCC book. I also found an RPG from the 80s that isn't in the database yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My local store didn't order in time! Noooooo! Sad day.

I was hoping for something Pathfinder-ish and Dungeon Crawl Classic-ish. Hoping some friends end up with an extra!

Good luck to all - get some great stuff and get it into our database

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
My local store didn't order in time! Noooooo! Sad day.

I was hoping for something Pathfinder-ish and Dungeon Crawl Classic-ish. Hoping some friends end up with an extra!

Good luck to all - get some great stuff and get it into our database

-Dave

the Dwarf entered many of the Items into the database two weeks ago

I have spent the morning harassing users for Complete corrections
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Looks like the Shadow D&D module and Pathfinder We Be Goblins are from last year's free RPG day. Green Ronin has a Dragon Age Quickstart if you missed it from last year's Free RPG Day.

Dave, if you check the publisher's sites, see if they have a PDF version of their Free RPG Day product. Better yet, head to DriveThruRPG and check out their extensive free PDFs, including various quickstarts, and Monte Cook's additional Ptolus material. Save a tree and save some gas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the dice tower, the 40k module, the Harn Map (I'm kinda obsessed with maps) and the Brass & Steel module. Our FLGS let you pick up 2 items only, so we stopped by 2 of 'em.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I donated some Dungeon Crawl Classics reference sheet booklets I had printed out and stapled. For the freebies, I picked up Dawn of the Scarlet Sun and Dungeon Crawl Classics Free RPG Day 2012.

That crafty FLGS was also throwing a 50% sale today only, so I also picked up...

Fortress America
Kingdom Builder: Nomads
Dwarven Dig!
and
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary

Good haul!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Olson

Racine
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stopped by two FLGS's and got the freebie for Conspiracy X, the Shadowrun/Battletech Quickstart, the Pathdiner Dawn of the Scarlet Sun, and the 40K Module.

Last yea's Pathfinder module was a joy, hoping this one is as fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
Our FLGS only let you pick one thing from the pile of books. I grabbed the Conspiracy X quickstart and MistressGeek picked up the Shadowrun/Battletech quickstart.

We were going to hang around and play but of course I've been ill, so it was just a grab and go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, most of them are in here:

http://rpggeek.com/geeklist/142837/2012-free-rpg-day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I'd mentioned in the other Free RPG Day thread, my Kickstarter went live today and part of it is a preview which I'd at least deem is on level with a "Free RPG Day" item that you could pick up at the store.

So, in celebration of both my KS and Free RPG Day, if you want something else, you can download the Wyrm Rider, compatible with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Ege
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The store I normally go to wasn't doing Free RPG Day this year, so I had to go to another store. I was limited to one free item, so I grabbed the Battletech/Shadowrun quickstart. No Cosmic Patrol in the store, and I had no use for the Hârn map, given that I already have two copies of it: in Hârnworld and a promotional pack from Columbia Games that had the front cover to Hârnworld, one other book, and the map.

A rather dull Free RPG Day this year, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strephon Alkhalikoi wrote:
The store I normally go to wasn't doing Free RPG Day this year, so I had to go to another store.
Cheapskates!!!

My FLGS had the package already prepared for me, I only put away those books I didn't want meeple

But that is probably because I'm one of their best customers ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! I have such good friends!

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Steve
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmb
Noble Knight has most of the freebies for a penny. They'd like you to spend at least $15 per freebie you want to order. They had a number of other things for a penny as well. The site is www.nobleknight.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
Yay! I have such good friends!

Dave

what a loot without going, you may praise yourself lucky. You can also buy a couple on ebay already

Probably someone who read and played all off them I guess and now is trimming his own collection? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
sdonohue wrote:
Noble Knight has most of the freebies for a penny. They'd like you to spend at least $15 per freebie you want to order. They had a number of other things for a penny as well. The site is www.nobleknight.com

Yeah, I always clear some of my backlog on RPG day in the webshop. Got eleventh hour and dungeon crawl classics coming my way. Maybe I should've picked the cosmic patrol as well. Maybe next order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
what a loot without going, you may praise yourself lucky. You can also buy a couple on ebay already
Yeah, I really don't like the ebay thing. These are supposed to be freebies - I got about a dozen extra copies of things last year from my store (they didn't give it all away on Free RPG day) and I made sure they got into RPG Geeks hands for free.

Anyway, I'll probably run some of these here on RPG Geek PBF someday so I'll return the good karma for my friend picking them up for me!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I doubled back to get the DCC item for somebody here on the geek and picked up the Pathfinder and Conspiracy X freebies as long as I was there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savage Josh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My event went well! I Would have liked to see more people, but, we did get 3-4 new RPG players, plus a few who hadn't played in several years. Definitely got some interest up.

Highlight:

~12 Year old commented, during Only War "This is better than a video game!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |