Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any sort of scan that we can do while traveling around the cluster that would help identify Mr. Anderson in his new morph?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Hmmm, hard to tell. Many people broadcast who they are. Some show it for the authorities, and then you could get it if you managed to fool their programs. And some will have no sign of who they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
We may find it easier to locate his home and work backwards from there... Anyone with good Mesh-fu?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be something for Bob to do while we travel, just in case there might be something interesting to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Oh, and don't forget that Bob found an image of Sven (probably) from some years back. He was in an old an derelic Synth morph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
Oh, and don't forget that Bob found an image of Sven (probably) from some years back. He was in an old an derelic Synth morph.

I have a feeling that in this hellhole, that's going to be analogous to picking out an old white male from the entirety of the US Congress....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
vestige wrote:
karlkrlarsson wrote:

I have a feeling that in this hellhole, that's going to be analogous to picking out an old white male from the entirety of the US Congress....

Election season is it? Well, it used to be worse. At least they aren't all racists any longer.

Regardless, this is the outer rim, so synth morphs are a bit more unusual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sadly, I don't think Bob has volunteered that information yet. whistle

He just gave us a model number. So I'll just check the bottom of every synth's foot for a serial number. Thank goodness for zero grav.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
How are you all doing so far?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm good. I think things are about to get interesting in the docks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm cranky, cold, and facing an onslaught of holiday parties.

So let's go kill something!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm doing okay as well. I wish I grokked more of the setting, because it seems very cool and like I'm only skimming the surface. And I wish Rex were at least slightly competent. But, hey, he's basically a professional blogger. It seems true to life that he thinks more highly of himself than he should!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm doing well too, but like vestige, I feel like I should know the setting better to really make good decisions. So, to make up for that, I just make shit up - I hope that's okay and that you will tell me if I say something incorrect if it makes your GMing job harder. (Or, that I am at least convincing enough that it is making your job easy and the other players can't tell) laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yes, it is going very well. I move some stuff around, depending on what you do. I am of that school that I believe there shouldn't be one solution you must find, but rather you make your own way. So, I downplay stuff that would only get in the way for the fun.

I also think you are all playing very well into the setting. I am re-reading some of the core book right now, and there are tons of stuff regarding Mesh and rep, and so on, that I have just skipped. I bring a little, you bring a little, and it works well.

I might ask you some more questions about your characters as we progress. Where they are from more specific, and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question... are morphs always connected to the mesh? Or can they turn off such communication if they wanted to be hidden or go unnoticed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yes, that is no problem to go silent, but some places it is illegal or frowned upon. This is not such a place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
You want anything from me?

To move the game along, I assume you mean? Declare me winner of Iron Reviewer, and I'll have tons more time to devote to PbF!

nyriv wrote:
Guys, we need a decision here. Are we going to try and take Sven out via the ship, or let this moment go and rethink our plan of attack?

I'm a bit torn, myself. On the one hand, it seems like too good of an opportunity to pass up. But the downsides are that (1) there's a lot of uncertainty, still (how do we deal with the smugglers and taking over their ship? where do we go? what security forces might the KPA marshal if we blow a few rolls?) and (2) Rex won't be on the ship.

Also, since I initiated the quarantine plan, I worry I'm seeing it in too favorable a light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vestige wrote:
nyriv wrote:
Guys, we need a decision here. Are we going to try and take Sven out via the ship, or let this moment go and rethink our plan of attack?

I'm a bit torn, myself. On the one hand, it seems like too good of an opportunity to pass up. But the downsides are that (1) there's a lot of uncertainty, still (how do we deal with the smugglers and taking over their ship? where do we go? what security forces might the KPA marshal if we blow a few rolls?) and (2) Rex won't be on the ship.

Also, since I initiated the quarantine plan, I worry I'm seeing it in too favorable a light.

I do like the plan too, but the problem is that we won't all be on the ship. It would be a hell of a "rescue" mission to circle back and pick up Rex.

We do know now for sure where Sven works, so we can attempt something else in the future. This might be the last time we find ourselves in this hangar, though... And if they move Sven, we might have a hard time tracking him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lorddillon wrote:
It would be a hell of a "rescue" mission to circle back and pick up Rex.

Well, I assume Rex could get back to the transport-thingies and get out the expected way. And it's not like I as a player will be sitting here at the table for three hours twiddling my thumbs. But I would like to be able to help out, of course!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vestige wrote:
lorddillon wrote:
It would be a hell of a "rescue" mission to circle back and pick up Rex.

Well, I assume Rex could get back to the transport-thingies and get out the expected way.

I'm not convinced it would be that easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I think it's Karl's job to make it not easy no matter which way we go. The ship seems to be the quick and easy way out, and I'm not entirely sure we'll have to physically deal with Brandon and Co. My number one concern is that the KPA won't let us leave its airspace once we're out of the hangar.

It's one reason I suggested simulating a TITAN attack. The KPA will be terrified, Brandon will want to escape, and the laborers would take any exit out (I'm a fan of having one of them explosively blown out an airlock so that the KPA isn't asking too many questions about them.)

We back off, and we lose Sven (we don't know he works this hangar all the time) and may have to assault the Fortress.

Is there an alternate plan being proposed with similar chances of success? Are we missing anything on this plan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
lorddillon wrote:
I'm not convinced it would be that easy.

It's Eclipse Phase... Rex always has a save game available. As a bonus, he wouldn't remember any of the jokes we told about him, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the quarantine is why Rex is here? The KPA knows he is on the station writing about something. Maybe he somehow found out about the infected ship, and something is ... different about it, making it a good story. That might explain him wanting (and having) access to the ship. Bob has a lot of control over the security, we can make seed all sorts of misinformation, at least until they figure out we have access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, it looks like we are agreed on using this situation to get Sven out. The next question is how.

We have two plans on the table. One is to fake an attack, the other fake a plague.

The attack seems harder to me (Bob would have to control a bunch of systems simultaneously in real time, I think), but it probably gets Sven coming willingly and Brandon leaving willingly.

The quarantine seems simpler to pull off, but it probably makes Brandon and possibly Sven unfriendly. (My goal in this case is that the KPA wants us to leave, to get rid of the "virus.")

Other thoughts on these? How should we come to a decision? I guess ultimately it's up to Bob, as he's the one who has to execute the plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
One issue with a biological plague: Sven's a synth like me. We'd need to kick it up a notch to worry him. I don't doubt we could sell him the line "the KPA would just space the whole cargo bay to be sure" if we had to though.

And they probably wouldn't bother going out to find him, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |