Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Many TITAN plagues would affect synths, and even infomorphs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I suggest someone just starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote for the plague route. Bob and Rex, any ideas on how to seed that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
cyalume wrote:
I vote for the plague route. Bob and Rex, any ideas on how to seed that?

Lockdown the hangar (done). Flash some lights, and send an alert to the med center about some engineered plague that is capable of working its way through the standard security lockdowns?

I know my reputation may be destroyed, but there is this strange package covered with biological hazard stickers we were "delivering". If Bob can feed me a reliable set of data, I can ad lib the rest.

I'd volunteer to be left behind in order to complete the mission, but poor Chung is deathly afraid of being rezzed. Moreso than the tortured to death thing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im confident we can find a way to get the group back together before departing. That should be the least of our worries right now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, Sam said on another thread that he's mostly out of touch for the holiday weekend. So I don't think Bob will be able to sow the seeds of real destruction for a few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, just so you all don't think I'm a complete lunatic for going after the KPA officials - my ridiculous plan for getting back with you all is for Rex to become such a pest about this plague that they decide to give him exactly what he asks for, locking him in with the source of the plague.

Seems rather far-fetched, I admit, but it's the best I've come up with so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does seem to be a decent plan. I'm not sure if we missed something or just dove in too quick to this encounter, but it's what we have. Bob will be the one to help seed this rumor and make it seem real, so until then, I'm not sure we can do anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I think we are all waiting for Bob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, he's far too important to this situation to simply keep going without him. Last I spoke with Sam, he mentioned that he was pretty far behind at his job because of some bad weather.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I'll wait a few more days to see if he makes a sound. And then we must consider options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm here, just catching up now. Expect a post today - sorry for the absence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
At this point someone should just Ghost Bob, after all you have a plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So whats our plan here? Bob was able to get Rex into the bay with Chung and Gavin. What are we going to do with Sven?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Get Sven onto the ship, then get the ship off of the station, then earn lots of rep!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
Get Sven onto the ship, then get the ship off of the station, then earn lots of rep!

Sounds good to me!

If he's unwilling, can we just knock him out? My understanding is there's no way for his mind to escape, right?

We also, of course, have to get Brandon to cooperate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
vestige wrote:
nyriv wrote:

Sounds good to me!

If he's unwilling, can we just knock him out? My understanding is there's no way for his mind to escape, right?

We also, of course, have to get Brandon to cooperate.

Well, my view is if we can keep the doors shut, then trigger an airlock cycling alert, there's not much optionwise for Sven and us but to get aboard.

The real trick is convincing the KPA to let us leave or have Bob spoof what is by all reports an impressive kill sat envelope...

We can die, but Sven's cortex can't. And ideally, we don't want the KPA interrogating his ego backup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Ok, we have spent ages here. We are in the last quarter, so, I'll attempt to kick start us.

Bob has security access, he can do alot, especially in the docks and in and around the fortress. But that will not last forever.

Bob has activated an alarm (half a minute ago), causing the port to go into lock down. People are either going to their homes or ships. The kpa are investigating.

Rex will soon be with you.

Brandon is leaving for his ship.

So it seems your options are the following:
I assume you want to grab Sven, so you will have to talk to him at some point.
You can then either go back up into the Vine. That would be fairly simple, but Sven's absence might be noted
Or
You can go with Brandon. If you do that, you must either convience him to let you go on the ship or force your way unto the ship. What you do on the ship is a different matter.

Chung and Gavin is the only physical presence in the hangar, so it is time one of you stepped up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the recap Karl, I was losing track of the situation...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
lorddillon wrote:
Thanks for the recap Karl, I was losing track of the situation...

That's the danger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First things first - this game so far has been very fun, and Karl, despite my frequent absences, you have been a great GM...

I am feeling a tad lost. Other than real life getting in the way and being sick these past 3 weeks, I think part of the problem for me is that I am not exploiting all the possibilities because I am not used to the world/universe we are playing in.

I feel like Bob isn't being as effective as he could be, but some things just fly right over my head in terms of possibility or they just don;t ever enter my mind because I am not as familiar with the setting as I'd like to be.

I have all the books and have read the core book, but I haven't really dig into them in much detail and I feel that is getting to be a detriment. I hope I am not destroying the game for anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam, I pretty much feel the same way - except I haven't even read the core book. I've decided, though, that we have an interesting and cool plan, so I'm not worrying too much about it.

Plus, Bob has been infinitely more effective than Rex!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The pdf's are available for free, if you haven't downloaded them. They're well worth having.

http://robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
As I write in my reviews of the game, the authors focus on detail is overwhelming. It is a hard game to get right. I am currently reading Panopticon, running a game with all that in place seems impossible.

So, in this game I have awarded creativity. For every outlandish idea you have, I can always supply some way to do it. Think less of what the setting would have you do, but rather what you want to do. So far, you have done very well.

As I said when we begun: I have presented a problem, let's see how you solve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |