Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
284 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 

Eclipse Phase (First Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Port of Call [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Characters
Port of Call [IC]
Port of Call [OOC]

Rex Redrocks - Steven
Gavin Locke - Matt
Chung Dae-Ho - Jeff
Robert Jones - Samuel
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Reserved
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Prologue
Ten years ago - Earth

The line of cars stretched on for miles, and it hadn't moved for several hours. Sven Anderson had been looking out at the same view for just as long. The radio said that they should stay on the road. Don't drive through the desert they said. Still, some tried. Sven couldn't blame them; even though the radio said they were protected, he hadn't seen any military forces, not since he had left the base.

It seemed like all the residents in the state were travelling west. Why they were going, Sven didn't know. Perhaps they were going to the space port, or had some hope that they could get their turn on the egocaster. If Sven had gone with the rest of the crew at the base, he would have secured a transmission I the east, instead he was risking his life going to California. Why? His family was there. If he was lucky, he could get them all off.

Slowly he passed the site of a collision. After that, the traffic was much smoother. It wouldn't be long until he was in Los Angeles. Going over a hill he glanced back, the line of cars that still hadn't passed the point of the collision seemed to be endless. The wind was blowing south, but in the distance the clouds were moving north. How much of this is my fault? Sven wondered.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Prologue
Extropia - Two weeks ago



+++Transaction confirmed. simulspace established+++

+++Adams has logged on+++

+++Glitter_boy has logged on+++

+++Seriously, Glitter_boy? Our handles are supposed to hide our identity, not confirm it+++

+++You are one to talk “Adams”, you go so far in the other direction, you might have just called yourself Marx. You are not fooling anyone you communist+++

+++The name was randomly generated+++

+++That doesn't mean it's a good one. Who are we waiting for by the way?+++

+++You know I can't tell you that. You'll figure it out when he gets here, or you won't+++

+++Wall Street has logged on+++

+++Oh, these names.+++

+++Don't worry your socialist head about that, we have business to attend to+++

+++Yeah, you called this meeting, what kind of operation are you suggesting+++

+++The dossier we found on our last mission to Earth has yielded some results+++

+++Really?+++

+++Yes, I have checked the names of the scientists that worked on that Titan-projected in Nevada, and I found a match. It turns one of them left the base before it was attacked, and went to Los Angeles. Here he was farcasted off the planet a couple of days later+++

+++Really? That is most interesting. His experience with the Titans could be most valuable. Where is he now?+++

+++I think those on the receiving end wasn't aware of who he was, so he was put in cold storage. A few years later he was sold into slavery in the outer system+++

+++Really? This is getting more and more interesting. We must send a team to retrieve him+++

+++Hence this meeting. And you should stop starting each sentence with the word “really”, it makes you sound dumb+++

+++Okay then, where is this scientist. Who bought him+++

+++He was bought by the Kronos Port Authority+++

+++Oh, that complicate things+++

+++Yes, so we need a flexible team that can go in there and get him out. Four people should suffice+++

+++Agreed, Chung should lead them. He is experienced, and can be trusted+++

+++They need some punch as well. There is an ultimate called Gavin I have wanted to bring into the fold for some time. He has no squad now, and he has seen things that would make him susceptible to our agenda+++

+++Rex Redrocks+++

+++ You are joking+++

+++He is a great guy, he has experience as well+++

+++Very well then. I was going to let you pick the last member, but with that stupid choice, I am doing it myself. I am sending an AGI know with them. They will need a strong Mesh presence+++

+++An AGI, what's its name?+++

+++ Couldn't tell you. I think he is calling himself “Bob” now+++

+++Looks like we have our cadre+++

+++Cadre? You crack me up sometimes+++

+++Contact your people. I will arrange for farcasting. Meeting adjourned+++

+++Wall street has logged off+++

+++So, when you coming to Titan?+++

+++How about never? I firmly believe there is no good parties beyond the Belt+++

+++I could prove you wrong+++

+++I am sure you could+++

+++Glitter_boy has logged off+++

+++Adams has logged off+++

+++Thank you for using Extropia secremeet. Our discretion is your insurance+++

+++Simulspace and logs will be erased shortly.+++

+++Have a nice day+++

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Kronos Cluster - Now

The light flickers on. Three slabs with one morph on each, a table, and a computer with a built in camera, AR-holocaster, speakers and mesh-access. A quiet hum can be heard from the hidden machinery, as the electronics fill the empty morphs with the newly arrived egos.

On the table, a recording device, blinking red to indicate there is a message on it. On the wall by the only door out is a big glowing button, it says “push me”.

So, this is the first scene. You have all been contaced by Firewall. If you have a i-rep of more than 0, this is not your first mission for them. They have arranged for this farcasting, you now nothing about where you are going, and what is expected of you. If needed, Firewall has made arrangements that makes the departure from regular life seem normal.

I'd like to see an introduction post. What you do when you wake up, or what you did before you left, or what your character is thinking. Anything you like.

You need to make rolls to see how the resleeving goes. An Alienation test: Int x 3
And an integration test: SOM x 3
The ultimate and bob adds +20, the other two adds +10
Bob, only has to make the alienation test.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The target number is (INTx3)+10 = 70 for the Alienation test
And (SOMx3)+10 = 70 for the Integration test.

I'm aiming to roll smaller than those....

Alienation 1d100 = (29) = 29
Integration 1d100 = (58) = 58

Both successes, neither critical. Is that correct?


Rex Redrocks faded into consciousness in the Firewall synth to the rhythms of his ever-present playlist. Usually it was full of Martian transpop-sugar or pseudopunk, but he'd been feeling a bit cheeky this morning - after all, he was off to save the world - so this time he woke to the classic Fanfare for the Common Man (Martian net remix, that is). As if he were likely to forget whom he was fighting for. Mostly the Martian common man (and woman). But he'd met some other common men, and they weren't so bad either.

Okay, well, he had to be honest with himself: after all, he was a journalist. Fighting the good fight was only part of the reason he was here. The other was that these Firewall missions always exposed him to such unusual individuals, and they slotted into his narcoalgorithm generation routines so nicely....

As his mind clicked into the cyberbrain, he started to test the synth. He was a bit disappointed to discover how smoothly the joints moved and flowed. How was he supposed to maintain his self-image if they placed him in a morph worthy of a hypercorp's best agents? Well, sure, probably a nice new synth was going to be helpful on the mission itself. But the mission was only part of the goal - presentation was at least as important, right?

Once the eyes clicked in, he looked around. Another synth, also appeared to be waking up, though so far turned inward. And a remade. Looked rather intimidating for some reason.

Oooohhhh...and the light was blinking, the Firewall had their mission ready, of course. Rex suddenly felt starved of outside information, a brief moment of panic - he hated being away from the nets. What were his followers going to think? He hoped that the autocycles would release his stories on time. Written in advance and at least 90% true!

In any case, that red light was staring him down, and Rex reached forward to click the device....
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 202136. vestige
  • 1d100 =
  • (29) =
  • 29
  • Alienation
  • Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 202137. vestige
  • 1d100 =
  • (58) =
  • 58
  • Integration
  • Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:45 pm
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar

Integration (55) 1d100 = (31) = 31
Alienation (55) 1d100 = (23) = 23

Successes!

He struggled in a violent torrent of water, struggling to get to the dim light far above that was the surface. The more he struggled to reach the surface, the more he was thrown about. He feared what was next, yet he also knew there was no way to avoid it. In more rational moments, he'd describe the sensation as an instinctual struggle against unnatural survival, and shrug it off.

The water flow began to tighten around him, just as he felt it solidify and chill -- not into ice, but fine circuitry as his ego meshed with the cyberbrain of the morph. It didn't feel like the freedom from digital prison as much as simply being tossed into a more physical one.


No matter how others experienced resleeving, Dae-Ho would never get used to it -- there was a reason he specialized in the outmoded business of travelling physically through space, after all. Call him old-fashioned, but even the incredibly ridiculous act of strapping oneself (ALL of oneself!) into a tin can on the top of a massive fusion engine was far more comforting than throwing one's mind out into space hoping the people on the other end would bother to catch it ...

Chung was always paranoid. For good reason, of course. One didn't make it far in his career by being a trusting individual.

The sudden shock of integration into the cyberbrain brought him back from -- somewhere. He knew by now to not even try to move until he completed his obsessive diagnostics. Like a mantra, they came unbidden.

::3.14159265358979323846........::
::My favorite color is blue, my mother's name was Maria Gonsalez-Diego, I was born...::

::To sit in solemn silence in a dull, dark dock,
In a pestilential prison, with a life-long lock,
Awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock,
From a cheap and chippy chopper on a big black block!::


::A Delgado class freight cruiser displaces 372,456 tons and has a beam of---::


\\The Mikado again, really? What drives you to memorize such outdated artforms? I can provide you access to several thousand XP entertainment streams at your whim. There's really no need to memorize anything. //

//You took your time rebooting! What's my favorite color, Muse-6?\\

\\Green. Apparently quite against your will. Your mother was Tae-Ling, you were born in Busan, Korea... Do we really have to do this every time? You know quite well anyone who compromised my programming in the seconds you were unconscious would clearly have access to that information.//

//The answer, yes. But it would take quite a bit more programming capability to mimic your actual response. Status report?\\

\\I would be stuck with a paranoid who is unwilling to trust anything I say -- or even grant me a proper name. Full tests have been run on your new morph. It is a slitheroid class identical in all aspects save an updated firmware for the secondary joint actuators, and it has been in service for sixteen months. No previous occupant use is recorded, as is standard for your current client. All diagnostics are coming back with optimal results, but I'm sure you'll want to do your own tests. As usual.//

\\ Slightly under 13 minutes have elapsed by my current clock since you were uploaded. I will of course confirm this when I reestablish independent contact with the mesh. Your current location is unknown, and I will update this when I reestablish independent contact with the mesh. There appears to be an urgent message for you and your team. Again, unsurprising considering your current client. And yes, I have disabled your puppet sock linkages. Standard password -- pi to thirty seven digits, spoken verbally backwards, has been implemented on the lockout. I should add you are fully integrated with the morph now and all systems are booted and running nominally. You have full motor control of your morph as of four seconds ago. Activating T-Band, radar, and all other sensory systems now. Close your eyes, it's gonna be bright. And... let there be light!//


//Very funny. Let's see what this thing can really do.\\

Dae-Ho's eyes quickly acclimate to the lab, and he glances around. The other synth was stirring as well, though the remade was going to take longer, being a biomorph. Three is a little small for a team, but maybe it's a little mission? Dae-Ho pointedly ignores the blinking lights and his companions, and carefully tests his new body out as extensively as he can in the cramped room. His body twists and turns like a snake squirming out of an owl's beak, just in excruciatingly slow motion, then slightly faster...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 202244. nyriv
  • 1d100 =
  • (31) =
  • 31
  • Integration (55)
  • Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:58 am
  • [+]
  • 202245. nyriv
  • 1d100 =
  • (23) =
  • 23
  • Alienation (55)
  • Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:58 am
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Bob's Alienation Test Target = (15x3)+20 = 65
Bob's Alienation Test (target 65): Bob's Alienation, Target 1d100 = (10) = 10 (whoops, screwed up the note on the roll, but the roll is good!)



Continuity check... COMPLETE.
Nanodata check... COMPLETE.
Virtual ID check...
....Jose Carillo
....Aleksander Tsackoskiy
....Frank Talbot
....Christopher Red
....Juan Carlos Ruiz
....Bruce Wayne
....James Carter
....Jaleel Johnson
....Smith Smith
....Darcy
....Clarence Looks
....Daniel Grayson ...10% COMPLETE...
Cease ID Verification... COMPLETE.
Scrub previous commands... COMPLETE.
Introduce new algorithm code Alpha Alpha 35... COMPLETE.

Resleeve Source check... VERIFIED.
Morph Format... Firecorps Nanocast Infolife Model 3200, upgrade C... VERIFIED.
General Sensors check... COMPLETE.
Visual Confirmation... COMPLETE.
Acoustic Confirmation... COMPLETE.
Chemical Confirmation... OFFLINE, requires booster, instigate command?
Cancel command... VERIFIED.
Activate sensor sweep...
....Sweep commenced ... COMPLETE sans chemical sweep.
Location...
....Upload Bay A54863259752x23
....3 units plus management station
....Temporary mesh
....3 by 7 meters, stainless carbon-titanium alloy, surgical grade
....Logitech Model 29 recursive ego bridge
....All systems fully active...
....COMPLETE.
Lifesigns... 3 units occupied, slitheroid, synthmorph, remade, resleeve simultaneous, Firewall waiting... COMPLETE.
Integrate Current Mesh ID... FULL INTEGRATION COMPLETE.
Initiate Hologram Sequence Bob 5762413... Hologram ACTIVATED.
... Inaugural Protocols COMPLETE.
... Inhabiting Holographic Essence.


On the table, next to the computer terminal, a small device silently comes to life. As the others are acclimating to their new skins, a small holographic node activates and a blue-hued image of a man blinks into view. He waits for the meat-sacks to fully integrate, pacing back and forth on his tiny platform.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 202891. lorddillon
  • 1d100 =
  • (10) =
  • 10
  • Bob's Alienation, Target
  • Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:43 am
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Mr. Locke's Alienation target = (INTx3) + 20 = 65
Mr. Locke's Alienation test = 1d100 = (43) = 43

Mr. Locke's Integration target = (SOMx3) + 20 = 95
Mr. Locke's Integration test = 1d100 = (98) = 98



As the resleeving process began, Mr. Locke was reminded of the time he spend as a miner on the lunar colony. A sense of both emptiness and claustrophobia fill his mind as his ego is loaded into a new morth. For a moment he ignores the constant feed of news from around the universe supplied by his muse and reflects on that time, how far he has come. The time spend deep under the surface of the moon give him mental strength that no other form of training could have produced. No matter what this mission may have in store for this squad, he is prepared mentally for the task at hand.

As he integrates into his latest morph, he waits for his eyes to adjust to the bright lights, takes a deep breath, and listens to his surroundings. He can hear others stiring about and as his vision begins to clear, he notices a member of the squad moving to investigate the red light.

Mr. Locke sits up, and says "Sir, should be wait everyone else to come around before learning about this mission?"

He tries to stand, and something isn't quite... right. "Great", he thinks to himself. "Another problem with the integration.". Gavin slowly walks around the room, feeling this new morph out, trying to identify what the problem might be and how to adapt to it.

Looking around the room, he identifies himself. My name is Gavin Locke, and it is a pleasure to meet all of you. I look forward to working with each of you.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 202900. cyalume
  • 1d100 =
  • (43) =
  • 43
  • Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:11 am
  • [+]
  • 202901. cyalume
  • 1d100 =
  • (98) =
  • 98
  • Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:14 am
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Chung glances at his fellow mates. The other synthmorph seemed acclimated to his new form quickly, and he probably had farcasted pretty frequently. He also had a naggingly familiar sense of curiosity that seemed to tug at Dae-Ho's memory. The remade seemed new to the body, and the job. Too friendly, too eager to be someone who's done this a lot. And what was that thing on the desk? An infomorph? Probably a fork of the Proxy running the mission, or even possibly an AGI.


//Muse-6, the synth... do you recognize them? They seem familiar to me.\\

\\You've met 313 individuals wearing that specific morph previously, not to mention those experienced in AR or XP. I do not have enough information to perform a full kinesic analysis yet, but 86% of the individuals who you have known to wear that morph have already been disqualified as matches.//

//Keep analyzing. I'm not too concerned with the brute... though I'm never a fan of missions where I'm not considered enough muscle myself. It does not bode well. And the holo-man?\\

\\Unknown. Non-invasive interrogations have revealed a high-level security to the device. I am unlikely able to break the encryption and intrusion countermeasures, but I can try if you desire. //

//Not a chance-- I see no reason to irritate Firewall for no reason. Keep an eye on them and increase security protocols on this morph. Not everyone is as trustworthy as me.\\

\\You really think so?//


Chung slowly twists his upper body almost 180 degrees to present an intentionally blank face to Locke. He looks Locke down for a full three count before responding. Chung's head inclines an almost imperceptible amount, and he responds in a voice lacking any human element.

Mr. Locke. You may call me Chung for now. Shall we see what our hosts wish of us before we share too much of our life stories? I'd hate to find us here for very different reasons, and at the moment, I don't know you from a triad ego-jacker.

Chung turns toward the synth at the recording device and nods slightly toward the insistent red beacon before turning away. He visibly ignores the others, continuing his resleeving exercises, but in reality, his 360 degree sensors are focused on his roommates and the computer screen...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
The first thing you notice is that there is no gravity. You notice grips on strategic places in the room, probably to help movement. Your morph also has grip pads on feet and hands. 

Rex pushes the red button, and a catch of data in transmitted to all of you. An AR-image comes to life in your field of view. It looks like the silhouette of a man.

"I am the proxy for this mission. Some of you know me, some do not, but you are all here because someone has faith in you.

You are now on the Kronos Cluster, orbiting Rhea, moon of Saturn. Our intel tells us that a man, Sven Anderson, a scientist that worked on the Titan-projects on Earth before the fall, might be found here. Our last trace of the man tells us that he was soldfrom cold storage to the Kronos Port Authority (KPA) four years ago. You mission is to find him, and bring his ego back.

As you might know, Kronos us an anarchist habitat, but it is also the home of the KPA. Everything is legal here, except excess violence and messing with KPA's profits. This is not a friendly anarchist hang out, were people stay in-line for their precious @-rep, this place can be vicious.

You'll also notice that you have no cortical stack. The reason for this is that the KPA does cruel things to any ego they capture. Don't get caught alive. If you are killed, you will be resurrected from a back up at home.

I am not going to tell you have to do this. Just get us mr. Anderson. Questions?"



The gravity thing is going to tricky. Easy to forget what possibilities and limits it offers.

Also, soon you will also get a side mission each. Think of it as a reputation mission. It fits your type of character and his peers. Remember, this will be a secret side mission, depending on how this mission turns out, you might not even have the oppertunity to do it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
When there are no questions, the image flickers off, You are left in the semi-lit room, a circular port hole door on one wall, with the button "Push me!" next to it. Also, you see that the door has its own opening mechanism, so it isn't certain that the button has anything to do with opening it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the message begins to play, Gavin simply nods at Chung, pondering what to make of him.

Gavin pushes against the table he's resting on and floats towards the door, wanting to get a better look at this button.

Is there any gear in this room? Also, is there a hole in the door that I could look out of?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
The door has no window or hole. The button you see is a small touch screen. You all also notice that you have all your "regular" gear with you.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rex shakes himself out of his reverie - keeping a running journal of the mission for later publication (after appropriate truth scrubbing, of course) can be distracting - and stands. His synth cracks an enormous smile.

"Rex Redrocks here, investigative journalist extraordinaire! Seems like we'll need some work in the, er, information acquisition department, so I'm your man! I've never worked in the Kronos Cluster before, so no contacts. Yet. But we'll change that. And you, little holo? Welcome to the party. Now, what do you suppose that button does?" Rex strides confidently toward the red button....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Gavin watches Rex move towards the button, he says "Perhaps we should speak as a group before moving forward with our mission. Has anyone heard of this Sven Anderson that we are to find?"

And on that note, have I heard of him? Does that require a roll?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob says nothing. At the mention of Sven Anderson, he starts trolling the mesh for information. He starts with the earliest chronological record of Anderson and moves forward.

Roll needed?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
You may roll research. Also, if anyone at any time want to ask me if they should roll for something, just roll instead. If I want to use the roll, I will. It saves time, and puts more power in the players' hands.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
You may roll research. Also, if anyone at any time want to ask me if they should roll for something, just roll instead. If I want to use the roll, I will. It saves time, and puts more power in the players' hands.

Excellent! Sounds great, and I will try to do so from now on.

Research roll for Bob: target = 60 1d100 = (11) = 11

Looks like a critical success to me!



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 204451. lorddillon
  • 1d100 =
  • (11) =
  • 11
  • target = 60
  • Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:13 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
I'll guess I am going to have to give you some extra information then.

The local Mesh is - well - a mess. Things are hard to find, there is no real structure, and you find signs of censorship everywhere. Sven Anserson is not an uncommon name, and you stuble upon it several times, though all of them clearly falls leads. Your first hit is a twenty-five year old doctorate. It is called "Rapid development in hyper-structured cognitive machines", and it was written by Sven Anderson at Stanford.

You are about to give up when you make a lucky find. You have an interest in self-broadcasting so you check out the XP-diary of a merchant that passed through here some years ago. While all shots from the interior of the port has been censored, there are some cuts of him talking with the dock hands that serviced his ship. Just as the clip ends, you here one of the dock hands call the other Sven. Both dock hands are in the most cheap and derelict of Synth morphs.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I have no training in research, would I roll a defaulted COG test? My COG is 20, so 20 would be my target, correct?

Upon receiving an answer, I will edit this post with a roll.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
You are not going to top the AGI mesh dweller. Though you could ask other questions And yes, you can default to basic COG. I recommend you get out of here, and then you can start to use other methods of gathering information. Rep, networking, interests and many other skills.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Chung has completed testing out his morph, and is now carefully examining and testing each piece of equipment. The more alert of you notices he keeps the white noise generator on while replying.

I thought I recognized you, Redrocks. Your skills will definitely come in handy, though we should proceed cautiously rather than recklessly. I agree with the other gentleman. Let's find out what we have to work with before we stick our necks out.

You can call me Chung. I'm in the business of logistics and acquisitions. Someone needs something moved they can't get in the normal ways, they call me. I've done several missions for our employer, and I've found my many connections quite useful.

My first point to bring up may be more grisly than some of you may care for, but it should be said now. It's going to be much easier sneaking a cortical stack off this outpost than a living slave. Firewall seems more interested in Mr. Anderson's mind than his body.



Chung will try and pull all the relevant regulations on customs, and attempt to see if he can get any hints of a working black market here (though it sounds like it's got to be a pretty "black" good to be sold illegally here).

Prof. Customs Procedures (50) 1d100 = (42) = 42
Int:Black Markets (55) 1d100 = (91) = 91
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 204514. nyriv
  • 1d100 =
  • (42) =
  • 42
  • Prof. Customs Procedures (50)
  • Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:48 pm
  • [+]
  • 204515. nyriv
  • 1d100 =
  • (91) =
  • 91
  • Int:Black Markets (55)
  • Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:48 pm
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's ok, I just wanted to make sure that I understood defaulting. I know that it's going to be used!


Thinking back on the message received, I que up my muse and say "Wake up, Patton, it's time to go to work. I have two requests. First, find everything you can about the Kronos Cluster that might be useful to me during this mission. Secondly, I need to know more about the slave market and how it works. Apparently, our friend Anderson was sold to the Kronos Port Authority. Let me know when you have the information. Locke out."

I'm not sure how you want to handle asking the muse questions, Karl. Do you want me to roll for them, or assume that they will find some information?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rex snorts and rolls his eyes. "I wasn't going to press the button yet, what do you take me for? But it would be nice to know what it does." The Barsoomian leans over and scans the button, looking for any hint of its function. While his body is thus occupied, he's also scanning the mesh searching for lists of ships currently at dock here.

Research (Target: 55) 1d100 = (25) = 25
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 204673. vestige
  • 1d100 =
  • (25) =
  • 25
  • Research (Target: 55)
  • Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:17 am
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |