Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
284 Posts
[1]  Prev «  8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12  Next »  [12] | 

Eclipse Phase (First Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Port of Call [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Sven avoids eye contact, "We have had some alarms, but the doors always work. I guess they want us to stay here."

Rex is flying through a large tunnel, remember, this is zero-g. The tunnel is running down the vine, like the end of a bunch of grape (not sure of the english name for it, the thing that connecte it to the tree). On one side of the tunnel is the hangars, on the other side is the Fortress.

Imagen three rings, one inside of the other. The outermost ring is the hangars, the next one is the travel tubes, though they are divided into several parts, and the innermost ring is the Fortress.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
You're not waiting for me, are you Matt?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Karl, I didnt get a subscription hit from your post about Sven.

"We should take shelter in the ship until the situation is resolved."

I motion Sven towards the freighter, and float towards the open door leading into the vessel.

++Rex, we need you in the hanger as soon as possible. I am directing Sven onto the ship now.

Chung, distract Brandon until Sven is aboard. Once Rex comes through that door, get on the ship. Leave Brandon if he becomes a... problem.

Bob, can I put you in a position inside the ship that will allow you to hack it's systems? Tell me what you need.++


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Bob can access the ship's Mesh from here, but it would be hard since it is a seperate mesh. Doing it from inside the airlock, so he could interface directly with the ship, would make it easier.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Karl! I was close.. here was my initial response I was thinking about posting...

++If you get me close to a computer hub that is directly connected to the ship, or, more optimal, if you get me near a hub inside the ship near a power source, I can gain access and re-route power in a way that will allow us full control.++
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To make it clear in my mind... once we board the ship, Bob should have access to those systems? Does Sven start moving towards the ship when I tell him to do so?

++We need to be on board that ship. I'll will get you to a terminal inside the ship, Bob.++

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
He still needs to make a hacking roll though. He could use the terminal in rhe airlock. Remember that Brandon is already on his way in. If you wait to he has entered his ship, you could work interrupted. But if you enter with him, you could probably use some force to get all the way unto the ship. At that point Bob could use his access on the station to deconnct the ship.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured I would have to make a roll, but I was waiting util we get in the right spot. I'm also kind of waiting for Rex to get there so we don't leave anyone behind. But time is short!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
If you wait for Rex, Brandon will have entered the ship, unless you stop him.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry everyone, my fault!

As Rex floats lazily down the tube, he smiles and gets to work on the Mesh.

First, he starts broadcasting through the Kronos Cluster social networks.

+++Hangar bays in chaos! @KPA losing grip on the situation! @SNAFU+++

+++Problem coming out of one of the ships, can't tell which one. @ArmyOfRats! Why haven't those ships been sent away? What is the KPA thinking? @KPA @SNAFU

Then, to the best network of smugglers he knows, he'll start with:

+++Contacts tell me KPA trying to seize ships by force. @UnlawfulSeizure+++

Then, choosing a ship from Bob's manifest:

+++Santa Smuggler crew arrested by Ultimates. Who's next? @UnlawfulSeizure+++

I assume I need some rolls...

Let's say,

Deception (target 50) 1d100 = (40) = 40

Networking: Criminal (target 40) 1d100 = (53) = 53

I'll use another MOXie to turn that second one into a success if it will help.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 281511. vestige
  • 1d100 =
  • (40) =
  • 40
  • Deception (target 50)
  • Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:07 pm
  • [+]
  • 281512. vestige
  • 1d100 =
  • (53) =
  • 53
  • Networking: Criminal (target 40)
  • Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:08 pm
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Rex starts to seed the mesh with misinformation, Gavin puts an arm around Sven and heads toward the ship.

In an authorative voice, Gavin says "The KPA are attacking people in these bays, we have to get inside the ship."

++Chung, move inside the ship. Get close to Brandon in case we have to restrain him.

Bob, keep and eye on Rex's location. Make sure those bay doors open when he gets to our location.++
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
You are not inside the ship yet, you are in the air-lock. Brandon must either be stuck outside, or let you in. From here, Bob can hack. If Gavin wants to force his hand, he must roll a skill of some kind, intimidation sounds best. Rex's flooding of the Mesh will give a +20 skill bonus.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We are in the air lock with the ship though, correct? Is the ship accessable, such as the cargo bay or crew entrance/exits open and unlocked?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Yes, there is a door going into the ship, and a door going back into the hangar. It is a small room.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gavin brings his submachine gun to a low ready position, and forcefully yells at Brandon like a drill sergeant yelling at a new recruit.

"The bays are under an attack of some kind, we must get inside of your ship if we want to stay safe. Everyone inside!"

++Bob, in a few seconds, move the doors a bit as though they are being forced open from the outside, then close them back++

Pointing the weapon directly towards Brandon, he contiues: "You will either work with us, or stay here to face the men who are about to burst through that door. The choice is yours, but you should decide quickly if you want to survive this."

If any weapons appear from anyone not in our party, my attention immediately turns to them, assuming I would see them from my location.

Intimidation (Target 60) 1d100 = (73) = 73


Edit: This is pretty important, so I will spend a moxie point to make that roll a 37, which would have been a success. This leaves me with @ moxie points left.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 282230. cyalume
  • 1d100 =
  • (73) =
  • 73
  • Intimidation (Target 60)
  • Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:38 pm
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob uses his control of the doors to open and close them slightly several times as though someone were trying to brute force their way into the dock.

++This ruse won't last long, but if you get me to a control terminal, I can take over the ship.++
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
I'll answer Gavin when I have more time. As mentioned above, Bob is in a position to hack now.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Brandon looks at the gun, then at the door. "Call me a baboon, this is all I need. I got a third of my crew left there. What am I supposed to do!" He opens the door to his ship, you step inside."I got my eye on you Ulto, this better work well out for me, or I'll see you punished."

-

Out in the tube, Rex has just gotten to the docking bay. Just as he is about to enter the hangar, he can see a door open into the fortress, 50 meters away. Out from it flies two KPA ultimates, armed. They launch off and fly towards him, with their weapons and black armour, they almost look like sharks.

OK, All of you are inside, except for Rex. He is in the Hangar, but he won't be able to enter the ship unless someone hacks the ship, hacks the door to the ship, or convinces Brandon to open the door again.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rex starts streaming the theme from Jaws to his followers - it still hasn't been beat, even after all these centuries, when sharks are involved!

+++The KPA are coming for us! Guess they don't like monkeys? @UnlawfulSeizure+++

Then, "swimming" madly for the airlock, he broadcasts locally, +++Somebody open the doors!+++
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob accesses the ship's security protocols and attempts to get the door open for Rex.

Bob's hacking attempt (I think my target is 60): 1d100 = (50) = 50

++One moment Rex, the doors should be opening in 5... 4... 3... 2...++
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 283286. lorddillon
  • 1d100 =
  • (50) =
  • 50
  • Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:13 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
What is Bob aiming for, just opening the door, or deeper access to the ship's computers?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
What is Bob aiming for, just opening the door, or deeper access to the ship's computers?

He wants it all, but the first priority is to reunite Rex with the party, so he will go for doors first and then entire ship control. Do you need another roll?

In lieu of your answer, I'll roll and if you don't need it, ignore it, if you do, you'll have it.

1d100 = (18) = 18
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 283322. lorddillon
  • 1d100 =
  • (18) =
  • 18
  • Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:11 pm
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
I'm still here.. just got lost in the shuffle...

Chung checks to make sure the two synths are being carefully herded toward the ship -- won't do us much good if Sven runs out of the hangar when Rex gets in. He floats slowly toward the ship himself, keeping an eye on the doors to the fortress and the stem. He pulls out his vibroknife to protect himself.

++Rex, we'll need you to head straight into the ship as soon as you get here. I'd rather not let the crew start wondering exactly what's going on. I also have a little surprise waiting for those fish on your tail.++

Chung pulls his dazzler out and prepares to set it off..


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gavin puts his hand on Brandon's shoulder and says "I still have one more man yet to arrive. He must be allowed onto this ship."

++Rex, you had better get here fast. Disappear into the crowd so those KPA lose sight of you.++
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused as to where Rex is - I was thinking he could see the ship, just had to cross the hangar itself to get there, with these two mooks on his tail. Or is he still farther away?

I'm also not sure what to roll to speed up and get there fast. But here's a roll, I'll let you determine the appropriate skill!

1d100 = (14) = 14
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 283934. vestige
  • 1d100 =
  • (14) =
  • 14
  • Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:51 am
[1]  Prev «  8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12  Next »  [12] |