Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
284 Posts
[1]  Prev «  8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12  Next »  [12] | 

Eclipse Phase (First Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Port of Call [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rex just entered the hangar/bay/dock where the ship is.

Gavin and Bob are on the ship. We took Sven with us.

Some shark-things are following Rex.

Apparently Chung has stepped out and is about to put some hurt on the shark-things.

Do I have it right?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
You've got it right. I should have drawn a map.

Sven and the second synth is with you. They are used to following orders, and the presence of an ultimate makes it more ok. Rex, nort that good at freefalling, since he is from Mars, launches himself from the hangar bay doors, to their airlock and unto the ship.

As Rex flies past, Chung chucks a Dazzler into the hangar, as it avtivates the room is filled with rotating rays of radiance. It won't keep the ultimates for long, vut it will give them pause. The door shuts again. Brandon gives you a queer look, "What was that all about?"

Meanwhile in Mesh-Space, Bob has unlocked the last security. He has know total controll over the ship's systems. He might get flushed out eventually, vut at the moment there is nothing he can't do.

Rex's mesh-account is being overwhelmed with requests for more, his tags are going viral. The KPA shuts down peoples ability to broadcast off station.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
++Bob, do you have access to the bay door leading out of the station? It's time to leave.++

"Brandon, I need you to quickly prepare the ship to leave this station. We work a powerful organization, and we will make this detour worth your while, if you and your crew cooperate. If you do not, I cannot guarantee your safety."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
No doors, the ship only needs to disconnect. And bob can do that.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Matt, make me a roll of some kind.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Karl, I will let you decide skill you want me to roll for and its target.

1d100 = (8) = 8

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 285547. cyalume
  • 1d100 =
  • (8) =
  • 8
  • Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:13 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Good roll. I should perhaps have been clearer, but it was a command roll twoards Brandon to see if he does as you tell him. He was about to get violent.

I am going to wait a bit to see if Bob does anything.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
He was about to get violent.

So was Gavin! cool
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
I was sort of hoping for some shooting, just to see how the rules work. But I gave you a hefty penalty to the roll, and you still made it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's still plenty of time for some shooting!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny that you were waiting for me. My plan was to take over control of the ship IF Brandon didn't agree. I would have let them take care of the meat sacks while I flew the ship away.

That roll was so good, though, that I suspect Brandon is gonna take us out of here.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar

++Brandon, I can help fill in your crew until we get the rest of your men back. Gavin can make sure the two KPA workers don't suddenly find themselves with an overabundance of heroism. What do you need to get this ship safely away from here?++

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Brandon speaks out, loud and clear, "Ship: Disengage us. Let space control know we are evacuating. Then head for Dione."

He turns back to you, "You get yor wish, but I expect to be rewarded, and my boys left in the Vine better be OK. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a ship to run, the trip should take half a week. And monkey-daddh want to se Chung scrubbing for most of it."

Sven and the other Synth looks at eachother worried, "This isn't good. The KPA will think we are fleeing! Let me off, I can back."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gavin watches Sven and the other Synth begin to panic. He looks at Sven, saying "You are safe here. Much safer than you were with the KPA, Mr. Anderson."

++Bob, monitor all communications to and from this ship. I;m afraid our Synth friends may try to contact the KPA, claiming that they have been kidnapped. Kindly ensure that doesn't happen.++

What does Gavin know about Dione?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
++Excellent suggestion, meat-sack. I'll jam their communication.++



Since Bob doesn't have to fly the ship, he will concentrate on what is going on in the mesh, listening for communications and official security bulletins. He will also attempt to jam the communication links of the two dock workers so that they cannot send or receive any KPA messaging.

Roll (not sure which skill): 1d100 = (70) = 70 OUCH!
I could use a moxie, should I? It may be fun to see what happens if the two guys tell the KPA where they are.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 286684. lorddillon
  • 1d100 =
  • (70) =
  • 70
  • Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:27 pm
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We should probably save the moxie for something more important. Maybe Gavin talking to Sven by name will be reassuring to him.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
The KPA are having their hands full at the moment. But it is quiet clear they know where the two droids are. They are tagged, and there are plenty of other clues, and recordings, of where they went. It doesn't matter, Bob is slowly losing contact with the Cluster as the ship speeds away. The last thing he picks up from their system, is that they are discussing if this was just a stupid prank,and who was behind it (Rex is a suspect, or the idiot martian as they call him).

Sven shakes his head, "No, they have my back-up. If they think I have fled, they will make an example of me. I have seen they do it to others. I can't let it happen to me. We must go back! Or perhaps they'd listen to you." He looks hopefully at Gavin, he knows they wouldn't.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
DIONE (THOROUGHGOOD)
Dione is the moon one step closer to Saturn than Rhea, the moon the Cluster orbits.

Dione’s main settlement is Thoroughgood (population 350,000), a hybrid beehive and orbital cluster habitat set on a plateau amid a dramatic range of ice cliffs. Dione hosts the Long Array, a 150 kilometer- high communications spar ascending from the surface settlement to an orbital station that acts as a counterweight. The Long Array’s sheer size is something of a publicity stunt, as the bulk of its capacity goes unused. However, it drew enough attention to make Thoroughgood a major communications hub for the outer system, and thus a place where hypercorp, anarchist, and other factional interests meet. This makesThoroughgood sort of a spy heaven, and can be a very weird place.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gavin considers what Sven has told him, comtemplating how to move forward.

++ Bob, if we circle back around to the Cluster, can you access the KPA computers where the back up files are stored? Deleting Sven's back up would be a great help. ++
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Sven, as soon as we get where we are going, I am certain they will make a backup copy for you so you'll always remember this experience. If you desire, we can make sure the KPA doesn't every get to resleeve their copy of your ego.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Backup egos are almost always off-line. So there is little Bob can do. Sven's worry is that will do horrible things to a copy of him. Some might npt care about that, but he clearly does that.

"And how do you plan to do that? The KPA are very possesive of their - posessions."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gavin interrupts with his own question, allowing Chung a moment to come up with a convincing answer to Sven's question.

"Tell me, Mr. Anderson. How is it that you come to be in the service of the KPA, as one of these posessions that you speak of?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rex sits rubbing his hands in glee, clearly enjoying his role as a thorn in the KPA's side. And then he listens to Sven's worry and purses his lips.

"Who's to say you and your friend aren't heroes, Sven? I could have sworn I saw you die fighting to keep the 'idiot Martian' from escaping. Isn't that what you saw, Gavin?"

Rex then goes to work composing the final entry in his I kiss KPA series, the long sad tale of two servant morphs, so abused and brainwashed that they actually fought to stop Rex from escaping. It's a touch sad, but mostly scathing and brutal about just how evil the KPA must be to have cost these two men their bodies. He makes some snide comments about how the KPA should treat them like heroes, but will instead probably shove them into the modern equivalent of bilge duty.

"I'm quite sure they won't listen to what I'm actually saying...but I bet the same kind of reverse psychology that works on my three-year old nephew will work on the KPA," Rex booms, before turning on his heart-thumping soundtrack and pushing the metaphorical SEND button.

Okay, trying to absolve Sven and his friend of any blame, and make it seem that they died in the escape. Probably Deception? But Art/Writing and Persuasion are the same skill level.

Target: 50 1d100 = (31) = 31
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 287121. vestige
  • 1d100 =
  • (31) =
  • 31
  • Target: 50
  • Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:49 pm
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gavin gives an approving nod. "Yes indeed, Rex. It appeared that two synths were blown out of the bay as we left. I'm quite sure I saw them float past the window."

++ A most impressive idea, Rex. Thank you for a job well done earlier.
We wouldn't have made it off of the Cluster without you. ++
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
There is something called a complementary skill. So you might try to decieve or persuade someone, you roll that, but if you have a good score in writing, you may use thay as a complementary skill, and get a bonus.


"I don't remember anymore. I just wanted to be left alone, so I signed any paper they put in front of me. Where does really TITANs back there?" He doesn't seem to convinced by Rex's tricks, but what is he to do. And who knows, maybe they bought it?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12  Next »  [12] |