Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Chung is a bit wary of introducing Bob to Sven until he knows his ideas

There weren't any TITANs back there that I know of. Rex quite masterfully manipulated the newsfeeds while we triggered a few prearranged events in the hangar to sow some confusion.

Don't get me wrong -- TITANs are still out there, and they pose a grave danger to all of humanity. You of all people should know that, Sven Anderson. It's why we went through all this effort to recover you. Your skills are more needed now than before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"No, no, no. I left all that behind. I'd rather work for KPA forever, than to have anything to do with that again. This is my penance. I can't believe that was for me. If the KPA finds out, my back-up will suffer."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"You seem worried about your back up, Mr. Anderson. Giving him an emotionless, stern look, Gavin says "Be glad it isn't you who is suffering at the hands of the KPA."

What was the procedure once we actually have Sven secured? Were we supposed to contact Firewall? If so, were we instructed on how to do so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a moment of silence, Gavin remarks "Sometimes our past catches up with us, Mr. Anderson. No sense in running from it."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gavin reflects back upon the events that have taken place, and decides that it was a job well done. There was no violence, even though he had to use the theat of violence. He is satisfied with his progression from an ultra violent person, to someone willing to talk without pulling the trigger on his rifle.

"Let us try to enjoy the journey to Dione, gentlemen. I have a contact there that will assist us in contacting our employer. With any luck, they will have a new mission available for us. It has been an honor to serve with each of you."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Indeed, it has been a pleasure. An unexpected one, if first impressions were to be trusted," Rex says with a wink and a laugh. "It is too bad my readers will never know the truth of this whole episode. I do think they'd rather enjoy it."

Rex then shifts over to a viewport. "Dione, eh? I've never been there, but I always look forward to a new venue in which to stir up trouble."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The end
A few days later you arrive at Dione. Brandon is not happy about what has happened, but he leave you alone during the trip, and you part without incident. Thoroughgood is a intelligence Mecca, and you quickly find what you need to get away to where you need to go. The four of you return to your regular lives, while the ego of Sven Anderson is transmitted to Firewall.

Mission Accomplished!

-

Two of you accomplished your “secret mission”. Bob got into the security Mesh. He didn't actually say he downloaded the logs, but it makes sense he did so when he got access to them.

+++Message from a friend on Extropia to Chung+++
Well done Chung! I knew you would pull through. I see that docks were taken down for several hours. We here on Extropia are greatly impressed. The Mesh buzzes with your name.

+++Message from Eye moderator to Bob+++

Thank you for your recent log submission for the Kronos Cluster

You have received 4.3 I-rep !

Sincerely,
Eye Community

-

Meanwhile on Kronos Cluster

Loading simulspace 101. Initiating Psycho-surgery program 14, punishment – severe.
Loading Ego: Sven Anderson (2)
Warning: This simulation has already been run 1.1 million times on this infomorph.
Do you wish to continue Yes/No
Yes

-

“You will not escape again!”

Sven screams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DMSamuel
United States
Wurtsboro
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
RPGMusings.com
badge
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:

Loading Ego: Sven Anderson (2)
Warning: This simulation has already been run 1.1 million times on this infomorph.

Holy Schnigglespawn!! What did this guy know?

LOL, I kinda feel bad for Sven.

*note that Bob doesn't feel bad, just me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, I feel fine. Don't feel sorry for the help. He seems to be made to suffer. It's his lot in life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12  |