Dungeon Master's Guide (AD&D 2e)
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Curse of Strahd
Eriador Adventures
Obscene Serpent Religion 2
First Quest
The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild
King of Sartar (Revised and Annotated Edition)
Fantasy AGE Encounters: Ancient Shadows
The Glorantha Sourcebook
Sandpoint, Light of the Lost Coast
RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha
Symbaroum Monster Codex
City of Illanter: Kellerin's Rumble
Black Sun Dawn
RuneQuest (2nd Edition)
Dread
T1-4: The Temple of Elemental Evil
Chill Horror Role-Playing Game
Boot Hill
Delta Green
The Rogues Gallery (AD&D 1e)
Behind Enemy Lines
Ye Booke of Monstres II
Murder of Crows
Gamma World
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set
The Star Wars Roleplaying Game (Second Edition)
Dungeon Master Guide (AD&D 2e Revised)
Advanced Race Guide
Player's Handbook (HackMaster 5th Edition)
Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition
Our Last Best Hope
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Obscene Serpent Religion
The Secrets of Cats
Microscope Explorer
The Sprawl
The Black Cube
Alien Archive
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
42 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

RPG Geek Pathfinder Society Game Guild» Forums » General

Subject: Tracking scenarios played/GMed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PFS_Guild [+] [View All]
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Going gentle into that good night
badge
Badger badger badger
mbmbmbmbmb
How does everyone here track which scenarios they've played and GMed?

For my local group, we use a Google spreadsheet; it has all the scenarios/modules/etc. in the first column, then each person has two columns (played & GMed) where they put a number against a scenario to indicate which PC has got the chronicle for it. As well as being useful as a reminder of what one has already played, it can be used to work out which scenarios would be good for a particular group of players.

I'm expecting to run more VoIP games in future, but I'm worried that one day I'll buy and prep a scenario, only for everyone here to say 'sorry, played that already'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
Badger badger badger
mbmbmbmbmb
Posting this message did spark a memory, which led me to this sheet. Does anyone keep this updated? I know I don't, sadly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Dahlbäck
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool sheet. I did not know about that.

Question: is that only for "getting credit"? I was wondering since it now looks as if you can either GM a scenario OR play it, but I'd assume it'd be cool to play a scenario and THEN GM it (obviously not the other way around)? Or can you get "credit" as in XP and stuff to one of your characters if you GM a scenario that you haven't otherwise played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Beman
United States
Rochester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a nifty little checklist on this site, unfortunately it hasn't been updated for Season 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
mbmbmbmbmb
parrais wrote:
Posting this message did spark a memory, which led me to this sheet. Does anyone keep this updated? I know I don't, sadly...

I didn't know about this, so I didn't update

But I've got my fastfox's Pathfinder Society Characters Geeklist which is updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
Badger badger badger
mbmbmbmbmb
residue wrote:
Question: is that only for "getting credit"? I was wondering since it now looks as if you can either GM a scenario OR play it, but I'd assume it'd be cool to play a scenario and THEN GM it (obviously not the other way around)? Or can you get "credit" as in XP and stuff to one of your characters if you GM a scenario that you haven't otherwise played?

For almost all scenarios, you can get one chronicle sheet for playing, and another chronicle for GMing. You can get them in either order (although most will aim to play first if possible). Both chronicle sheets must be assigned to different characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
Badger badger badger
mbmbmbmbmb
For information, here's an excerpt of the tracking sheet we use locally:

The numbers indicate which PC was assigned the chronicle sheet for playing (column marked 'P') and GMing (column marked 'G').
The Xs indicate additional runs of a scenario as GM, giving points towards GM stars, but not additional chronicles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
https://rpggeek.com/blog/6320
badge
mb
parrais wrote:

I'd created it around the time PFS sanctioned play really took off here and updated it to a point. Then I set it public so anyone with a Google account (I think, or maybe just anyone) can add themselves and check in the boxes for themselves. The XP & Fame tracking boxes are approximate; they just do a dumb count. I've fallen behind on logging mine but every once in a while I go through and update for completed scenarios & mods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, I didn't know about that sheet previously. After reading Matt's initial post, I was planning on making a similar google sheet to share, but someone has already saved me the trouble! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great idea.... Gives GM's ideas of what could be run well.

If we agree on what we'll use, I'll use it. Doesn't matter to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnssica wrote:
parrais wrote:

I'd created it around the time PFS sanctioned play really took off here and updated it to a point. Then I set it public so anyone with a Google account (I think, or maybe just anyone) can add themselves and check in the boxes for themselves. The XP & Fame tracking boxes are approximate; they just do a dumb count. I've fallen behind on logging mine but every once in a while I go through and update for completed scenarios & mods.

Very nice! Thank you for this, I just updated all my characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Kohlmeyer
Germany
Halle (Westfalen)
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
2007 - 2013
badge
You'll always stay the cat on my shoulder!
mbmbmbmbmb
anoirtrou wrote:
I just updated all my characters.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
parrais wrote:

Updated my chars on here as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
If anyone has suggestions or Excel (or really, gDocs) wizardry as a class skill, is there anything they think could easily be improved on that sheet?

The one thing I'd like to do is create another tab where you can select a character from a drop down and have the cells below display a list of scenarios that you can print out. But really, that's the only thing coming to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cobb
United States
Cortland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
parrais wrote:

Updated my chars on here as well.

Added my little guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
Australia
North Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added my guys and gals too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnssica wrote:
If anyone has suggestions or Excel (or really, gDocs) wizardry as a class skill, is there anything they think could easily be improved on that sheet?

The one thing I'd like to do is create another tab where you can select a character from a drop down and have the cells below display a list of scenarios that you can print out. But really, that's the only thing coming to mind.

Just to be clear, are you wanting to display only the Scenarios a character has credit for in the display?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing we're missing on the sheet is Thornkeep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think we'll need to add the Adventure Paths, too. Rise of the Runelords and Shattered Star, for now. If no one has added them by later tonight, I'll download the Chronicle Sheets and add on the appropriate columns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Unknown Ediology wrote:
shawnssica wrote:

Just to be clear, are you wanting to display only the Scenarios a character has credit for in the display?

That's what I'm thinking. It would take e.g. a drop down to choose the player and then some hlookup voodoo, most likely.

MikeHadfield wrote:
One thing we're missing on the sheet is Thornkeep.

That's a module, yes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually not really sure what Thornkeep is

It's a series of modules I think, so maybe it should have separate slots for each one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! My idea was along those lines. Have the top cells merged for the title "Thornkeep", "RotRL", etc.; and then underneath have a separate column for each Chronicle Sheet in the series, differentiated by the levels or title of the CS (if they have different titles).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm...just thought of one other item. Modules are equivalent to 3 scenarios. That means, can't just count straight across for the number of P's or GM's to approximate the current level.

Now I just need to figure out an easy way to resolve this and make those count three times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology wrote:
Hm...just thought of one other item. Modules are equivalent to 3 scenarios. That means, can't just count straight across for the number of P's or GM's to approximate the current level.

Now I just need to figure out an easy way to resolve this and make those count three times.

That's the problem I was having with Everflame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology wrote:

Are you trying to do too much automatically? If a player is going to update this spreadsheet each time he finishes a scenario or module, isn't it simple enough to just add a column for level, which the player can fill in manually?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.