The New Easy-to-Master Dungeons & Dragons Game
The Armitage Files
A Taste For Murder
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Curse of Strahd
Tales from the Loop
Dungeon Spawn
DDAL00-02: Lost Tales of Myth Drannor
Game Trade Magazine (Issue 213 - Nov 2017)
Deities & Demigods
Trail of Cthulhu
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (First Edition)
Trollbabe
B10: Night's Dark Terror
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Gary Gygax's Extraordinary Book of Names
Drakar och Demoner (3rd Edition)
City State of the World Emperor
De Profundis
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set
Fiasco
De Profundis (2nd Edition)
It Came from the Late, Late, Late Show
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Game Master's Kit
Baker Street: Roleplaying in the World of Sherlock Holmes
The Quiet Year
The Morrow Project 4th Edition
Beyond the Rim
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Fellowship: A Tabletop Adventure Game
Mouse Guard (2nd Edition)
Ten Candles
Warriors of Destiny
Call of Cthulhu (7th Edition) Kickstarter Slipcase
7th Sea Core Rulebook
Coriolis: The Third Horizon
Symbaroum Advanced Player's Guide
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
164 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Keeping on the Borderlands» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Monster Valley - A Basic Fiasco rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Pbf-cancelled [+] PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Leonie ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll resolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, if you mind the below, just shut me down! I allowed myself to test my new Fiasco table template and show the current state of your game... As it is an SVG originally, anyone can update it, for instance in Inkscape - I can share the file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. My proposal. Please feel free to put in some other thoughts too. ^_^

What: What does it take for Garasha to get Jit to agree to help her steal food from the orcs?
Who: Garasha, Jit and Threej
Where: Kobold warrens
When: As Garasha is stealing food from the Kobold stores
Why: Garasha's tribe needs food and Garasha needs to stay alive a little longer. ^_^

So, anyone wish to add an idea to this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems a good idea. What are "warrens"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warrens is a fancy name for burrows or caves. It was used in the old D&D books. Guess it just stuck with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
mbmbmbmbmb
Garasha snuck through the shadows. The adventurers that were raiding the kobold warrens were busy elsewhere (she could hear the sounds of fighting far down one cramped corridor). Normally she wouldn't think of sneaking into the little trap-layer's caves but with the adventurers having disarmed (or triggered judging by the pieces of torchbearer she had passed) the traps, it was too good an opportunity to pass up.

Garasha looked around the storage chamber and marveled at the amount of food the little lizard-dogs had in storage.
Either they are stocking up for something or there are more of the little bastards down here than the pack suspects. Well, they won't miss a bit of it. Garasha hefted a haunch of deer onto one shoulder and picked up a barrel of ale. Then she jumped back as she saw a kobold that had been crouched down behind the barrel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jJit was crouching behind a large barrel, shaking all over. His ears spiked towards the sounds of the battle. At first he ran to the battle, dog slicer in his hand. But at the sight of a huge, bulky figure running to him he turned on his heels and ran. He was lucky an arrow shot the guy in the head or he wouldn't have made it out alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The moment Threej cries out, Jit almost knocks the barrel fom the scare. Good thing it was filled to the brim or it would have fallen over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garasha spun at the sound behind her. Then spun back as the hiding kobold started to dart away. Movement from where the kobold had been hiding causes her to spin once more, swinging the haunch of venison at the moving barrel. Already unbalanced, the barrel tips and comes crashing down on Garasha, knocking her to the floor, her stolen food and ale skittering away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, this is not how it was supposed to happen, Garasha thought. With a snarl, she swiped out at the charging kobold with her claw. The little monster ducked beneath but its move caused the dagger to skitter off her shoulder guard.

"Back off!" she cried at the kobold as she hefted the leaking barrel off of her. Garasha backed towards the door wondering where the other kobold had gotten to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So which way do you want to continue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, since this is yours to resolve, Chris, you get to determine a good or bad outcome for your character. This does seem like a good place for it to happen ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to give the kobolds a last chance before I wrapped it up but since people think it looks good here.

Garasha turned to flee out of the storage cave. In her flight, she tripped on the other kobold cowering near the door. Bouncing off cavern walls, she bloodied her muzzle but made her way out of the kobold warrens and back into the open air only slightly dazed. She had lost the food she was to bring back to the pack. She had lost her bow in the jumble of barrels and other falling debris. She had lost her chance to earn a name besides worthless bitch.

So, I'll take a black die and then give that to Leonie for making me trip on my way out.

Erich / Orsik

Chris / Garasha

Leonie / Jit 1

Silas / Threej 1

Quote:

1 2 2 3 5 5 5
1 1 2 3 4 6 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't need to stop here yet, it was only as an indication where you wanted it to go. I'll have a think for Jit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. I may have misinterpreted what you meant Leonie. I'll go sit in my corner now and put on my dunce cap. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no right or wrong, you could say it in advanced during a scene or even almost after a scene because it somehow went that way during play.

For Jit, I'm pondering over getting mixed in the battle accidentally and getting out with Threej. Need a bit more time though.

Edit: just a bit more at the moment I caught a small cold and my head is stuffed with cotton, or at least it feels like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand completely, Leonie. I'm right there with you, although half a world away ^_^ I take it you are establishing then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I would like to see a bit more of Threej as I already got a bit an idea about Garasha. There will be plenty of fun to be had. For Threej and Jit I want to start right after Garasha fled the scene. As far as my foggy brain allows. cool

The big gnoll ran from the scene. It's big feet hurt poor Jit. As if it isn't hard enough for Jit. He groans softly. Then his eyes roam the room. It is a big mess now, maybe he can get something nice for himself, no one will know right? Oh darn, almost forgot. Some one else was here too. His eyes meet Threej's eyes. What is he doing here? He mustn't betray Jit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slithering through the various barrels and piles, the green snake didn't seem to care whether there was a gnoll or a kobold in the room. It had spied a rather delicious looking rat rummaging through the grain sacks. The air around it tasted sweet on it's tongue. It barely made a sound as it wound around Jit's feet, carefully stalking it's furry prey.

Wanted to add something to make sure we were still going ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, Silas. One of the things I've learned from my previous failures at trying to play in a Fiasco game is that you have to stay engaged. Even if you play a lowly snake that does nothing but try to chase a rat through a scene, you are at least engaged and you don't become bored while waiting for the others. And, it adds to the scene when everyone contributes. ^_^

Plus, a little bump here and there helps us all remember there's a game going on ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"You stupid! Not killed gnoll, gnoll will come back with more! We have to run now. Or are you going to get them all alone? I'm not staying, that's for sure."

Jit couldn't believe Threej really believed what he was saying. The fool! No kobold ever won a fight by strength. Cunning and deceit yes, outrunning them but they are no warriors. Threej must have had a knock to the head.

"We have to go. We can't go back there..." He points in the direction where sounds of a huge fight are coming from. "And the only other direction is following the gnoll."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strong? Doubtful but meat is good. The smell is great though. Jit catches the leg with his bare teeth. Back to the fight is no option, they can only go the way the gnoll went.

This looks like a good moment for you all to decide which way this will go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I vote that you both continue on the dark streak you seem to have developed here. Perhaps a Black die is needed...

What say the others? ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, one psycho full of himself kobold and another one who might follow him to his doom? I'd call it a dark streak. But don't let me influence ya. You get a say in this too, as does Chris. If y'all choose white, I'll go with white. I'm just putting a die out there. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.