The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Tomb of Annihilation
The Streets of Marienburg
Legacy of Dragonholt
Superbabes: The Femforce Role-Playing Game
Maze of the Blue Medusa
Tales from the Loop
Starfinder Core Rulebook
Dungeon Master's Screen, Reincarnated
Tome of Adventure Design
The 9Qs
Barrowmaze Complete
Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide
Robert E. Howard's Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of
RPG Geek Random Tables
The Tortle Package
Borg Cube Collector's Edition Box
White Star: Galaxy Edition
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
The Ruins of Undermountain
Twilight Imperium: The Role-Playing Game
ASE1: Anomalous Subsurface Environment: City of Denethix and Dungeon Level 1
Dwarven Vengeance
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
DDEX1-01: Defiance in Phlan
Star Trek Adventures Core Book
Reign of Terror
Star Trek Adventures GM Screen
Players Handbook (AD&D 1e)
Shadows over Bögenhafen
Plundered Vaults
Dogs in the Vineyard
T1-4: The Temple of Elemental Evil
Player's Handbook (AD&D 2e)
Trail of Cthulhu
Dice
The Arcanum (First and Second Editions)
2.0: Spires of Altdorf
Horror on the Orient Express
Fields of Ruin
Player's Handbook (D&D 3e)
Chrome Book
The Night of Dissolution
The Forge of Fury
Castle Keeper's Guide
Loot: A Field Guide
Gamma World Roleplaying Game
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game
Fate Core System
Castle of the Mad Archmage Adventure Book
Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
164 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] | 

Keeping on the Borderlands» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Monster Valley - A Basic Fiasco rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Pbf-cancelled [+] PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Garasha stalked through the shadows into the lair of the undead dragon. Even though she had seen the beast flying away, the smells of undeath and the feeling of wrongness caused the fur on her neck to stand on end. Crouching behind the toppled statue of some long-dead human king, she could see Osrik talking to someone. The pack had always stayed far away from the undead dragon's lair due to its sheer power and the stories of a terrible curse but she felt the need to investigate when she saw Osrik's huge form entering the cave.

Ossie, ya big lug, what have you gotten into now? she thought as she strove to get a better view. As she craned her neck, she saw two kobolds, one with a crown on his head, standing before the troll. Garasha growled low in her throat. It had been her raid into the little lizard dog's lair that had caused her to lose her chance at proving herself to her pack. Her claws clenched involuntarily, and rubble from the cracked statue skittered to the ground. She froze, hoping no one noticed the noise.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jit is nervous. Very nervous. Being here isn't making it better. When something makes a sudden noise from behind he jumps to the side and turns to see. "Who's there?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hasn't anyone told you not to play with things, kobold? Who knows what kind of magic that crown can have on it. Take it off, or I will." Orsik smiled a toothy, threatening grin at Threej, then turned to Jit who had been nervous through this whole experience. "The dragon's gone, kobold. You can relax now. We'll be out of here before the undead things gets back and we won't have to worry about it."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It can come back..... The thought is enough to get Jit into action. Something valuable which will be enough to make a good living. Oh look, something with lots of flashing colours, a big stick with shiny things on it. Jit reaches for the stick...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe we can steer in a direction guys? Black is fun, right?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good to me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The crown wasn't the only item in here with magic. That big stick Jit was reaching for was another. Getting closer it gave wrong vibes. But Jit couldn't tell that. As soon as he picked it up a big flash and lightning, hitting Orsik and Threej. Stunning them on the spot. Jit was astonished and scared. What now?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as he reached for the crown, Orsik felt his skin crawl. The world went dark. he felts himself falling, although why he felt tht way was beyond him. There was a floor underneath him, so he should stop, right?

He felt himself being shaken. His eyes opened, his body protested any movement. he looked up into the eyes of the other kobold, and as eh turned his head, he noticed a large form beside him. It looked very familiar. It looked very much like his body. As he spoke, his voice sounded much higher and squeakier. "What happened? Where am I?" He looked down, noticing the loincloth and stubby legs of the kobold with whom he had switched minds with. A kobold in a troll's body, a troll in a kobold's body....

How could this get any worse?


Alright, I'll give the black die to Jit, as he's the one who has caused all this. ^_^

Next?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Erich / Orsik 1

Chris / Garasha 1

Leonie / Jit 1 1

Silas / Threej 1


Quote:

1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1


Nice twist!
Chris/Garasha's turn
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll resolve. Have at it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I want to go back to the time when Orsik was still a troll and he and Garasha were trapped in the cell. How did they get out? We never did figure that one out. Garasha had a major role in getting them out (since this is her scen after all), but the real question is how did their relationship deepen due to their struggles?

Ready? ^_^
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
By all means
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So continuing directly or close after Re: Monster Valley - A Basic Fiasco. Go!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Garasha lay fitfully in the troll's lap. Her mind raced through the horrors of recent events. Her hunting band being slaughtered by human woodsmen, her being dragged here in chains, the weakening injury. At the thought of the shoulder, she whimpered and curled in on herself. A sharp yelp of pain as she rolled over on her shoulder brought her to consciousness and she looked around groggily.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Orsik snorted awake as Garasha groaned. He knew she was in pain, but he didn't know what to do. He knew they needed to get out of there to make things better, but how that was going to happen he didn't know. Maybe Garasha was a great theif, but he didn't want to ask outright because... well... that was rude. Humans may do that, but then again to him, they were the monsters.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Garasha flinched from the light cast by the sputtering torch. She rolled over with a growl, favoring her tender shoulder, and unsteadily prepared to lunge at the stinking human that menaced her. The human's attention was immediately drawn to her movement and he grinned viciously. Then the shadows behind the gnoll shifted and Melvin saw the bulk of the troll turning towards him, sending a scattering of straw and other detritus across the floor of the cramped cell. The human looked from the gnoll to the troll and then to the pathetically sputtering torch in his hand.



Oh, and figure I'll be angling towards a white die. Poor girl's had it rough so far.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you are calling it a scene then and taking a white die? ^_^
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No, not calling it a scene. Just in case people wanted to know a direction I intended since it was asked last time. Please, continue on with the mayhem.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A troll's shadow is long, or so the saying goes. It seems that the madder a troll gets, the longer shadow he casts, even in darkness. Right now, Orsik was casting a very long shadow. He reached out from behind Garasha and grabbed the puny human by the head; a quick flick of his wrist and the sound of cracking bones followed. He turned to the gnoll as the body dropped to the floor. "Do you want me to carry you out of here, or can you walk?"

Ok. wanted to make sure before I continued posting ^_^
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'll bloody well walk out of here," she said, struggling to her feet. Looking down at the twitching form of the jailer, Garasha pulled a ring of keys from the loop on the human's belt. "These might come in handy," she grinned.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuckling, Orsik moved out of her way as she rummaged for the keys. As she walked past, he grinned a very toothy grin. 'She might be worth keeping around', he thought. 'I shouldn't eat her... yet.'
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright Chris, you get final post and then you've got to give your die away.

Why did suddenly hear John Lennon when I wrote that?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Garasha blinked in the sunlight as she came out of the grate at the edge of the keep. Orsik was brushing his hands of the muck that had been over the old grate when he pulled it out. From up the tunnel and within the keep, they could hear the sounds of mayhem as the other monsters that had been held captive wreaked their vengeance after the gnoll and troll had set them free.

Garasha looked at the troll, the charred wound on his shoulder still not having healed where a guard had gotten lucky with a flask of burning oil but Garasha had put him down before he and his friends could bring more fire to bear against the hulking troll.

"Osrik, I think this means we are free. I guess you'll be returning to your tribe and I'll see if there is anything left of mine unless you want," Garasha trailed off. Osrik snorted and started walking off. Garasha looked after the troll walking away when he turned his head and smiled.


"You comin'?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Erich / Orsik 1 1

Chris / Garasha 1

Leonie / Jit 1 1

Silas / Threej 1


Quote:

1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1


White die to Erich.

Leonie's up.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No. There's no specific type of dice that must be given out during play. Depending on how things go, you can get a glimpse of how the second half will probably turn out at the midpoint by the type of dice that have already been given out.

In our case, a lot of white dice have already been pulled, so things have been going really well for our group. However, after the turn, there's a lot of black dice coming, which means things are going to get ugly fast. ^_^

Once you take your second scene, we go to the turn. This means half the dice are out in player's hands. We roll them to determine who gets to choose the turn, and then we play through act 2. We'll go through it better when we get to that point. Jus know, when your second scene is over, we'll go to the Turn.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.