Baker Street: Roleplaying in the World of Sherlock Holmes
Ten Candles
Adventures in Middle-earth Player's Guide
Sentinel Comics: The Roleplaying Game – Starter Kit
Genesys Core Rulebook
The Umerican Survival Guide
Player's Handbook (D&D 3.5e)
Dungeons & Dragons Set 1: Basic Rules
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (First Edition)
B10: Night's Dark Terror
GW1: Legion of Gold
GURPS Ogre
City State of the World Emperor
Twilight Imperium: The Role-Playing Game
Game Master's Toolkit
De Profundis (2nd Edition)
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Hollowpoint
Lure of Power
Vampire: The Masquerade (20th Anniversary Edition)
Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
The Morrow Project 4th Edition
Operation: Shadowpoint
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Mass Effect RPG
Mouse Guard (2nd Edition)
FAITH Player Deck
The End of the World: Revolt of the Machines
Tales from the Loop
The Pit of Kutallu
DDAL7-01: A City on the Edge
Fey and Forest Classes
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
199 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [8] | 

Keeping on the Borderlands» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Stragglers table IC explicit language rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2013 [+] [View All]
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Stragglers table
Hey all. Sorry once again. Everything went really fast the last few days.

So, it seems me and Joe are orcs. I will be the (horribly inept) Orc Shaman, Larrock, survivor of many battles; mostly because once the battle starts, I run to the nearest shrubbery, where I can always find my compatriot, Durbag.

Did we decide wether it was mine, or Niel's brother who died?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greeting Larrock, It seems like you lose your brother!

Ok Neil, start us off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Van Ess
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
And we're off...
Who: Marduk, Durbag, Larrock, and Gortbork (though introduced a little later)
Where: A skirmish of the Great Battle and soon the Altar of Peril
What: Durbag and Larrock are caught by Marduk as they hide from the peril of the battle. Marduk gives them a proposition to restore their valor, but it comes at quite a cost.
Why: For Durbag and Larrock: To reclaim their pride and protect those they love. For Marduk: He's a sadistic son of a Balrog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Van Ess
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Durbag and Larrock find themselves in familiar military position: The tail between legs formation. Behind a large boulder on the peek of a hillock, they seek refuge from all that requires courage. From this vantage point, they can see the masses of orc-spawn and humans wage war. Black blood mingles with red but doesn't mix. It is utter calamity... until...

It stops. A human knight freezes, his sword point inches from emerging from the back of an ogre. Another human's head levitates above the axe that severed it.

Then, it all dissolves away, replaced by darkness that candlelight fails to diminish. Scarlett stained glass covers every wall. On each pane is a fresco telling a piece of the epic of Zemox the Bloody: The powerful and dreaded tentacled god of the underworld.

From behind an alter walks a hooded figure, his deep red cloak identifying him as one of the Bloody Acolytes. Horrible sect that lot: Former humans who forsook their God of Light to devote themselves to Zemox. For their previous naivety, they pay with blood and wear the scars on their wrists as a symbol of their conversion.

The Acolyte approached the orc deserters with a grin made more skin-crawling by his blue-tinged but pale skin that stretched tight over the skull underneath. He looked like a man minutes from death's embrace but his confident grace indicated several more years of vitality.

When barely three strides away, the priest removed his hood to reveal the bald and veiny head beneath it. "It seems the sayings are true: Lift up a stone and worms one findssss." Was that a lisp or a hiss?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Durbag looks around puzzled and seeing no one else, slowly rises, gazing for a few seconds. Then he nudges Larrock and mumbles a growl mixed with a question, pointing to the figure near the altar. But he does not look like engaging in any kind of conflict, as he does not move...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Van Ess
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Do you have namessss?" the corner of Marduk's mouth curled upward. "Or do wormssss not have namessss?" The priest guffawed revealing the inside of his mouth. His tongue was sliced into eight thin strips at the tip. Each sliver wiggled independently of the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Unngghhhh.... Aaaerrmmm...." is all that Durbag can manage currently...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the background the small, even for normal goblins, Gortbork walks by the Altar with a little bucket in one hand and a rag in the other.

"Wish wash wish wash" he sings to himself as he scrubs away at the twisted faces that ordain the effigy to Zemox. His hands busy with his daily chores he occupies his meagre mind with the scene in the center of the room, looks like the Master has got new playthings...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Van Ess
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Gortbork! For the love of all that bleedssss, if you sssscrub too hard the pigmentsss will fade," Marduk sneers at his little pet. "Zemox will be pink by the time you're through with His Bloodiness. Who ever heard of pink God of Death?" The priest sighs and returns to his captives. The quickness with which he transitioned from anger to delight was unnerving. Looking at Durbag, "Well aren't you articulate." Turning to his cowardly companion, "And you? The one with the sssskull on a sssstick."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Van Ess
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Sorry to break the fourth wall for a second: Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that tomorrow I will most likely not be on the site all day. I may be able to check it once or twice in the middle of the day but I can't promise anything. There are a lot of events going that day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's fine to not post for a day without saying anything, it's only when it's coming up to a few days that I ever nudge players. Oh and we do out of character stuff in ooc tags or changing the colour to grey, italics for characters' thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With theatrically gentle strokes Gortbork goes back to cleaning the statue.

"Gortbork don't scrub so hard, Gortbork don't eat the intestines from the sacrificial altars, Gortbork don't dress up my robes and pretend to be a necromancer in front of the mirror..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larrock gets up, supporting himself by his staff. He strikes a pose, and proclaims: "Who are you to dare and disturb my mighty ritual, here, in the midst of a battle? I, Larrock, am not one to be trifled with!"

I sure hope my bluff works, Larrock thinks to himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's quite early but I'll vote for a white dice for Neil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Van Ess
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Ah yessss. The oft forgot ritualistic disappearing act that marks your ssssect." Puffing up his chest, "I asss Marduck, Bloody Acolyte of Zemox the Bloody and keeper of this holy sssite, have rituals of my own. I particularly enjoy those that are messsssssy." Not turning from his captives, "GORTBORK!!!!! Get me the Black Pearl." Smiling he began an eerily melodic rhyme, "Larrock, Larrock/Found him behind a rock/ Always afraid/Skittish as a maid/ With courage as small as his cock."

Again that awful laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Always with the pearl!" Gortbork mutters as he heads of into a side room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree - white dice for Neil seems like where this is headed.

"Durbag! Get him! Get Gortbork, before he gets the pearl!"

Larrock turns to Marduck and says, with a sneer: "I'll take care of marmaduke over here!" as he starts to channel mana for a spell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gortbork just sighs as he hands the pearl to his master, it never goes well for the masters playthings when they decide to fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Van Ess
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Zemox Almighty!" Marduk took a tiny knife from the folds of his habit. He made a quick incision on his right palm and held out his hand. A spray of blood projected across the temple and spread out to form a translucent, red globe around Larrock and Durbag. "At leasssst wait until after the bleedin' monologue!" Marduk took the large obsidian orb from Gortbork's hands and placed it upon the alter. "Orc mannersssss are atrocioussss," Waving his hand over the shiny Black Pearl, an image began to appear, unfocused. "Thank you Gortbork. It isssssssssssso hard to raise dependable help from the grave." The image in the Pearl's face sharpened. It was the Great Battle. More specifically, it was someone one of Marduk's captives knew very well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Durbag, still a bit puzzled by all the humbug around him, finally gets to his... wits... or whatever that is that sits in his head and obeys Larrock's urge by starting a thumping run towards Gortborg. Then he realizes the pearl has already passed hands, so he tries to spin in mid-air, while jumping up the stairs leading to the Altar.

This has a nasty aftermath in that he does not really accomplish anything more than smashing into the heavy Altar, shaking (but not moving) it and with an "ooomppphHHHHHOOOOUUCHHHHHHHH!!!!" he cracks his skull slightly when falling down flat. Dazed and confused the only thing Durbag can now manage is lying on the floor and moaning, more from confusion and puzzlement than the real pain...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you may have been trapped in a magical bubble of blood and unable to run into a altar...

I'll also say its good to make conversation the bulk of a scene. for example a fist fight doesn't make a good fiasco scene but a fist fight while the two fighters argue over who deserves the girl would make a good scene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Van Ess
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Larrock, you and that big mound of an orc bear a sssstriking resssssemblence." In the Black Pearl, a burly black-ironed orc warrior stood toe to toe with a human knight. Their swords crossed as they waged a war of pure strength to parry the other's weapon away. "Though I admit, all you greenies look alike."
Turning to Durbag, "And you. Dullwitted one. Is there not a licentious orcessssss who borrowssss your rod when the whim ssssuitsssss her?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stunned by Marduck's knowledge, Larrock is disrupted in the midst of his spell.

"What? You know of my affairs with Ligella? What is it you want from us!?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Van Ess
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Oh, I was going for Durbag's relationship need of their lover being killed by Gortbork and Larrock's Brother being killed. Then again, the nympho orc who uses both of them for sex could be pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steveoknox24 wrote:
Oh, I was going for Durbag's relationship need of their lover being killed by Gortbork and Larrock's Brother being killed. Then again, the nympho orc who uses both of them for sex could be pretty cool.

Didn't we settle with me (Durbag) killing Gortborg's chicken lover?
The Larrock's brother being killed by Marduk is ok...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.