Busty Barbarian Bimbos
Tales of Arcana Basic Card Set
Pulp Cthulhu
Apocalypse World
Magnamund Bestiary
Heaven and Hell
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Box Set
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game
Silent Legions
Exalted Third Edition
Pathfinder #114: Black Stars Beckon
Coriolis: The Third Horizon
Lands of Conflict
Pirate Nations
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition
Deities & Demigods
Freiburg
Crescent Empire
Mythic
O2: Blade of Vengeance
Colonial Gothic
Swordsman's Guild
World Action and Adventure Official Guide
Night Below
Champions of Darkness
Fiasco
Warhammer: The Mass Combat Fantasy Role-Playing Game
Microscope
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Keeping on the Borderlands» Forums » Sessions

Subject: For the Goblin throne! session report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really enjoyed giving:

Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

there first game of Fiasco with Keeping on the Borderlands

I didn't write down any notes so this will be more of a summary. Next time I do a session report it will be a well organised piece of beautiful prose but for now you get this....

We started with ShamanKing Gutbog(mike) the mouldy the 1st,Rand(Karan) his apprentice and me as Ogg the heir to the throne. It seemed that The King wasn't impressed with Ogg, and tried to sow some conflict between Ogg and Rand. After beating up some stupid elves, and Ogg showing no bloodlust, the King said that Rand wanted to take Ogg's place as heir. Not really beliefing it, Ogg decided to go to Rand so they could team up and take out the king (Ogg's dad) and make Ogg King and Rand the head shaman.

Then Krunk the hobgoblin and head security in the castle came into the picture... ...and plots, so many plots... all ending with Krunk eating the victim...

The king decided that Ogg was a waste of space and Rand was too dangerous, so he set a plan for Krunk to ambush them in the corridor by the throne room, knocking them out with a gas and then eating them. After lots of explaining Krunk left to get ready for the plan. Then he met Rand in the corridor and they plotted to have Krunk kill the elf mayor and bring his body to the king and and say he stopped a attack by the elves then when the King went in to congratulate him, Krunk would strike. And then eat the King

Unluckily Krunk got all the plans mixed up. He leaped out with a knock out gas and promptly broke the flask in his hand knocking himself out and confusing the Elf mayor that was visiting. Then Rand lead the Elves to towards the throne room. Meeting Ogg in the corridor they decide to do the deed themselves and knocked out the elves to continue the slightly changed plan.

Then the King hearing the commotion in the corridor burst in and a dazed Krunk arrives around the other end of the corridor. A confused Krunk kills the confused fleeing elves and proclaims the plan(because they all became one in what passes for a brain in his head) a success!

Ogg then betrays Rand and sets Krunk on him as he chases the king, who now suspects double crossing. Ogg lies and say he just got Rand killed like his father wanted and they both go in for a hug with weapons behind their backs

The aftermath

Rand: sending a fireball at Krunk at close range was a bad idea. It kills Krunk but leaves Rand's hands broken(used for magical casting) and ends up his life as sad and alone goblin. He makes his living as a childs entertainer far from the royal goblin court.

Gutbog: the king swings at Ogg, Ogg swings at his father. Ogg's rock smashes the kings dagger and his hand. Gutbog is dethroned and made to sit in a clean cage where children throw rose petals and perfume at him.

Ogg: becomes Ogg the Rock, King of the goblins. He has his rock gold plated and lives out his life surrounded by hairy little goblin hotties.

All in all a fun fiasco and everyone picked up the few rules quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex, are you posting this as well at the pbv guild?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't planned too. If that's the normal etiquette for session reports I will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure in how far you can call it etiquette as 95% is my doing so far. Would be nice to see it happen from more people in the guild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al P
Norway
Orkanger
Sør Trondelag
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I threw it up there after I posted last, seeing as it was pretty simple. Next time I organise a fiasco I'll take notes and get a few screen grabs so I can have a better session report. I would have loved to have put up some transcripts of Krunk the hobgoblin. He was pretty hilarious(I'm allowed to say this since I only played him 50% of the time)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Still very interested in trying this variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.