Take Command: 2nd Manassas is a real time Civil War strategy/tactics game. The game includes about 48 scenarios with historically accurate maps, leaders and regiments.
Play as any leader on the battlefields of the 2nd Manassas campaign. Major players like Stonewall Jackson even have theie own sprite graphics, so they are easily recognized. Combat is controlled from a 3rd person view in real time. Orders are issued by courier which incorporates a command and control issue, as there's a delay in communication and your orders can even be intercepted.
Graphics and animations, while done in 2D sprites give a good impression of the actual battles. Fallen troops remain on the battlefield, showing the horror and human cost of the American Civil War. Terrain is done in 3D graphics and include ambient sounds
- Play as the Union or the Confederate side
- 48 Scenarios the most important battles of the 2nd Manassas Campaign
- Results of one battle carry over into the next
- 5 Battlefield maps based on historical records
- 3 Modes of gameplay: Historical, Open Play, & Custom/User-Created battles
- Command Generals, Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery and Supply Wagons, and direct them over 3D terrain
- Thousands of troops portrayed in battles
- Authentic battle flags, and uniforms displayed on troops.
- Customization and access to user made battles, maps, graphics extends the life of this product beyond what's included on the disk