The Fighting Wings series of games was designed by J.D. Webster and covers air combat in World War II. The series goes into great detail in attempting to model all aspects of the air war as realistically as possible which results in a fair amount of complexity.
Each of the games focuses on a particular place and time period and includes a large number of scenarios, Aircraft Data Cards (ADCs), and historical background.
The designer was also responsible for the Air Power series of air combat games involving jet aircraft.
2. Games in the Series
- Over the Reich (published in 1994)
- focuses on the air war over Germany from 1943-1945.
- Achtung Spitfire (published in 1995)
- focuses on the period around the Battle of Britain (1939-1942).
- Buffalo Wings (issue 29 of Against the Odds)
- focuses on the war between Finland and Russia
- additional information and discussion can be found in the ConSimWorld forum. Buffalo Wings has been OOP for some years, but a highly upgraded version is being reprinted and offered on kickstarter right now.
- Spitfires Over Darwin (Whistling Death Expansion Set #1)
- focuses on battles between Japanese and Australian forces in 1942-1943
- Tiger Wings (Future issue of Against the Odds)
- focuses upon early war in the Pacific: Malaya, DEI, Burma area. Currently in playtest at groups.io
3. Related Links
- Archive of Aircraft Data Cards(ADC)
- Data Cards archived from Uncle Teds and other collections, including some JD Webster official ones. Go to Files section of group to download PDF's of the ADC's.
[See comments in edit]
Main Content Index | Game Series Index